PDA

View Full Version : So my neighbor must know now!

Cheryl Ann Owens
07-17-2013, 05:42 PM
My wife and I were sitting on the deck having supper on our quiet dead-end street. My neighbor, a widow from across the street was walking her little dog and came up the driveway. I had on my pink flip-flops, capri denims, and a pink crinkle top over my bra and forms. She's always cool! She said she loved my top. My wife said we both have a few like it. She was so nice about it! We petted her dog and chatted awhile :) and they went off to finish their walk. Not so bad after all!

Cheryl Ann

ArleneRaquel
07-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Cherly Ann,
Thank you for sharing. A very lovely story of acceptance.

Kim_Bitzflick
07-17-2013, 06:07 PM
That's great. Truly acceptance. I hope more of us get that.

Cheryl Ann Owens
07-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Somehow this proves to me that if we are confident and truly accept ourselves, others will too? My neighbor has seen me mowing the lawn in drab and we'll stop and chat about everything. I can't explain the acceptance I received or how it came about.

Cheryl Ann

kimdl93
07-17-2013, 07:42 PM
It seems to me that people assume the worst and, as a result grossly underestimate the capacity of other people to accept us. If that fear of rejection keeps us from coming out, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

ArleneRaquel
07-17-2013, 07:47 PM
I have had a great deal of acceptance since last Thurday, at my optican's and at Hooters. A total of 6 young women were must accepting, kind, loving, and complimentary. I am still digesting the love and I'm on cloud9 today and I have been so for almost a week. Again, just last Mondeay, when I had another trip to the optican and all 4 ladies were again very friendly and supportive.

AmyGaleRT
07-17-2013, 08:58 PM
How wonderful, Cheryl! I think this illustrates something I believe: if more people come to know CDs, fewer people would hate and/or fear them.

- Amy

STACY B
07-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Most people will accept it when there alone ,, You ever notice its the Mob mentality an peer preasure that will provoke people to be mean .
Most people no matter how they were brought up or where they come from are curious about more than outraged . Its just when they are out in the public eye or in front of others they will comment an say mean things .

Hell she most likely wouldn't come into your yard an ridicule you on your own property ? She was just curious an wants to know more an why . So let the good times roll ,, Invite her to dinner next time an lay it out for her !!

Alice Torn
07-17-2013, 09:33 PM
It seems ladies like her will naturally be more accepting. But, lookout for Billy Bob, and other redneck good old boys, in redneck land! I hope even rednecks will learn to be more gentlemen and also accepting. of us.

BLUE ORCHID
07-18-2013, 07:39 AM
It seems ladies like her will naturally be more accepting. But, lookout for Billy Bob, and other redneck good old boys, in redneck land! I hope even rednecks will learn to be more gentlemen and also accepting. of us.

Hi Alice, Don't hold your breath waiting for the good old redneck boys to accept us.

Alice, your new avatar picture looks fantastic.

Beverley Sims
07-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I wonder what neighbors think when they are accepting like that.
Are they selectively blind or just accept life for what it is.
Nice neighbor.

DarciB
07-18-2013, 03:45 PM
I think my neighbors do, OK, so what, I am trans gendered. each day I am more and more proud of the woman I have become