PDA

View Full Version : leanne sizing

leanne
12-20-2005, 11:04 AM
wanted to cross dress for years never had the guts. want to know how to
size your self.

Vivian Best
12-20-2005, 11:13 AM
That is something you learn by trial and error. You will need to get a woman's clothing catalog like JCPenney's and go to the size yourself area. Then, measure yourself and compare to the measurements on their sizing charts.

Vivian:rose2:

Julia Cross
12-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Leanne,

Trial and error is what you will need to try, but a few precautions you can already take are; arm length, if you are tall, almost all women's blouses and tops will have sleeves too short for you unless they are purposely short, length of tops as well, from under the armhole will also catch you off-guard as they are much shorter than men are used to, skirt length is the same but here it is a littl more forgiving, unless you prefer it down to the ankles, chest size is a big one, if you are broad chested, be very careful, most tailored/fitted tops are more narrow than you think and hosiery, if you are tall, make sure you read the package and look for hose with lycra or spandex, these have more stretch and make sure the brand you pick indicates size compatibility very close to your height. Shoe sizes are usually, men's number plus 2.

I am 6'3", 220 lbs, I usually wear a size 14 to 16, more so 16 dress and skirt size, extra large in tops, size 12 shoes and large or size 3-4 in hosiery.

Hope this helps a little. By the way there are shops the sell clothing sized for tall women if you are tall.

Julia

Daniela
12-20-2005, 11:35 AM
hey i dont mean to butt in, but i want to buy a new denim skirt really fast and i dont have time for trial and error, my waist is a 35 what size skirt should i get?

thanks-
d

Julia Cross
12-20-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm a 36, sometimes 38. Denim for me would be 14 to 16, for you I would suggest 12-14, if it's not too fitted, 12, if it's a style that fits your form closer, go 14.

Good luck and show us a pic.

julia

Wendy me
12-20-2005, 11:58 AM
this works ...http://www.fredericks.com/services/help.asp?91

Emma Chase
12-20-2005, 12:00 PM
daniela

I am a smaller waist than you and for me to get a denim skirt too a bit of trial and error. I was aware that were you shop will change the size you are as all stores use a different cut when they make clothes. I ranged from a size 11 down to a size 3! Like I said all depends were you buy from.

As it's still the Christmas shopping period I would take advantage of it... you know your a 35" waist so go into a store look around and find what your looking for all those styles at there : mini, knee or full length

ASK FOR HELP .. say your buying for your GF and you have been through her wardrobe and nothing makes sense she is a around a 35" waist (she has been know to steal your jeans) but all her jeans and denim skirts she has are all different sizes. The sales assocaite will probably agree that this is true, they will then say depending where you go to buy (store) will depend on size.

Ask the sales rep for help they might be able to tell you a size from the 35" comment you have already made or ask her to grab a tape and measure the waist bands of the skirts. You will be looking for a 17.5" width in the skirt waist so you will get the right size. REMEMBER your a guy trying his upmost to get the clothing size for his GF RIGHT. The sale assocaite will be VERY helpfull and not judge. When you buy it ASK for a gift receipt also.

How do I know this will work? I have used it myself with great results.

Good luck, don't be scared.. it's fun and remember you have the holiday season on your side if you are really concerned about what people think.

Emma

Emma Chase
12-20-2005, 12:03 PM
here is another page of converstions:

http://jadephoenix.org/lvtgw/Info_htm/HowTo/bod_num2.htm

Daniela
12-20-2005, 01:34 PM
thanks chica's! you all have been realy helpful.
emma, thats a great idea, you can always say "can i have a gifr reciept and a box with that" hehe

here is what im kinda looking for. something funky and short that i can wear a nice chunky loose fitting belt with, and these boots. all i need is a top, i was thinking something like white or tan with like a dark turquiose or gold.

http://www.ssb6.net/users/23222/dsp_pleated_denim.jpg
http://i16.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/b9/4d/06_1.JPG