PDA

View Full Version : Happy

happyallie
07-18-2013, 06:32 AM
It started out a couple months ago with me getting a makeover and purchasing a wig. Yesterday I went back to get my hair cut in drab. I was early for the appointment so I asked the owner if she knows of anyone who does quality alterations. As luck would have it she said one of her clients does alterations and she would be in later this week. I went and got my blouses and we went to the back room where she pinned my blouses. Then we went to her thrift store (attached to the salon, of which proceeds go to cancer patients) and picked out a skirt to go with my blouses. I forgot to say she gave me a glass of wine that made me feel even more comfortable. By this time they were ready to cut my hair. I sat down with my glass of wine and proceeded to get my hair cut. We talked about so many things. We had such a good girl talk. We talked about clothes, makeup, skin care, hair styling and so much more.

The point to my thread is that I could have 100 bad days in a row and this salon can make it all go away. These people are special. I was wondering if anyone else has special people in their lives like this? Allie :)

Jaylyn
07-18-2013, 06:37 AM
I just have a very supporting wife. I won't go out yet dressed because of the small town we are in but wife and I do the girly talk from time to time.

Kandy Barr
07-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Isn't it s wonderful life Allie. Sounds to like you're living it to the fullest, good for you.

BLUE ORCHID
07-18-2013, 07:20 AM
Hi Allie, It sounds like you've found a real special place, it's always great to hear a story like this.

linda allen
07-18-2013, 08:21 AM
I just have a very supporting wife. I won't go out yet dressed because of the small town we are in but wife and I do the girly talk from time to time.

Jaylyn, You may have thought of this already, but if your wife is willing, why not drive to the nearest fairly large city, get a motel room, and the two of you do the town as two female friends?

My wife and I are planning on spending the weekend in a city a couple hour's drive from home for a festival in October and I may ask her about me bringing my female stuff and dressing in the evening when it has started to get dark (more for her comfort than mine).

Festivals often attract "strange" people so if I am read it shouldn't really matter.

happyallie, that's a great story and I'm sure it made up for a lot of bad days. :hugs:

Beverley Sims
07-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Yes I have some that I confide in and they relax me.