PDA

View Full Version : Hip and Butt Padding/Panties

linda allen
07-18-2013, 10:23 AM
I have a pair of padded panties with four pads, two for the hips, two for the butt. They help, but only take my hip measurements from 38" to 40". With a 47" bust and 34" waist, I need more hips and butt to get a good feminine look. 48" would be ideal, but I realize that's going to be pretty hard to achieve.

There are dozens of padded garmets available on the Internet, but they provide little information on how much they actually enhance so I hesitate to purchase them only to find out that they are no better than what I already have.

So my question is, does anyone out there have personal experience with padded panties or other solutions that will give me the measurements I need or at least more than what I already have?

Jana
07-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Most shape enhancers available are not anatomically correct. The main problem is that you end up with volume in all the wrong places, in wrong amounts, and in wrong proportions. So, if you are serious about getting a good feminine look, you'll either have to spend hundreds of dollars on anatomically correct shapers, or, make your own.

Tracii G
07-18-2013, 10:52 AM
I have one pair that I added pads to in the butt area.
The only draw back is the gap between the butt and hip pad so I use a cut off pair of panty hose and some cotton batting to fill in the gap between the butt and hip pads to smooth it all out and make the proportions look more natural.

Sandieland
07-18-2013, 10:57 AM
From what I see in most pictures posted by crossdressers is that their hip and butt proportions are all wrong. Sometimes this is all that is keeping them from "passing" 100 percent. Broad shoulders with tiny, almost non-existent hips is a dead give away (an inverted pyramid look). Of course, I won't be buying any forms yet since I am on a strict weight loss program and I expect my proportions to change dramatically over the next 6 months to a year, but in the future I know I will need some. And I suspect that the online stores are less interested in giving you good advice and good fit than simply making the sale. I would trust all my sisters on this forum much more in giving advice.

Beverley Sims
07-18-2013, 10:59 AM
I have never had success with hip padding, I think I have enough for now.

Sandieland
07-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Tracii, you look great from this angle... well done!

Tracii G
07-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Thank you Sandi.
I experiment a lot and sometimes get pretty close to a decent figure.

I Am Paula
07-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Strangely, if you go by 'optimum' female measurements, you will end up really bottom heavy. Try over padding with towels or something, up to your 'ideal' 48" and you'll probably find it looks ridiculous. Most gals can get a nice figure with just a couple of inches of padding.

ReluctantDebutant
07-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Go to Youtube and look up Femillusions. I made a pair a while back and yeah they work as shown in the video. though it might be too extreme for what you might want.

Jean 103
07-18-2013, 06:20 PM
I have a couple of different pair of padded panties. My favorite pair I purchased from Janet's closet, they are long so don't work well with anything short , the butt & hip pads overlap and there is a slit so they go to the restroom out removing them.

Tracii G
07-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Jean I have a pair of those too and added an inch of foam to them as well.
I didn't care for the seam at the bottom of the legs because with tighter pants you could see it so I cut them off at the seam.
Looks good at the transition point now.
You have to modify some things to make them work for you.

Jean 103
07-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Thank you Tracii G. That is why I do not wear them with anything to tight (below the hip) or anything shorter then above the knee. For me it is not a real problem, to be fair to Janet's closet.

Kimberly Kael
07-18-2013, 06:56 PM
From what I see in most pictures posted by crossdressers is that their hip and butt proportions are all wrong. Sometimes this is all that is keeping them from "passing" 100 percent.

I find that hard to believe. Women come in a stunning array of shapes and sizes, and there are much more obvious cues if someone is looking for them. The truth is that most people are pretty instinctive about gender, and getting past a quick assessment is much more helpful than worrying about every little detail. There's nothing wrong with exploring any kind of padding that appeals to you, but I wouldn't put much stock in hip/butt padding as The One Missing Element. Choosing clothing that flatters your shape is what most women do, and it works wonders.

Tracii G
07-18-2013, 07:02 PM
I agree Kimberly padding isn't always needed but with some outfits it helps a little.

Lynn Marie
07-18-2013, 07:10 PM
I've tried a number of different padding ideas. They're hot, and just don't seem to do much for my figure. The only one I still have is one with butt pads only. Still doesn't do a whole lot. A corset is, by far, my best figure enhancer. BTW, lot's of big chested women are "wedge" shaped rather than the usual "pear" shape. I've always been attracted to them.

AllieSF
07-18-2013, 07:44 PM
I have great luck with hip/butt pads. The shape is important to me, so I work on that element to get it as close as possible to what I want to see when dressed en femme. I use a combined hip and butt padded pantie. The pads are foam. On top of that I put one of those molded butt padded pantie. This one rounds out the rear view and as Traci does, fills in the gaps. I use a couple of Flexee type waist cinchers, about a full C to D cup sized forms, and select and wear clothes that work with the shape I am able to create from nothing (no ass nor hips). To me it is well worth it, though if I lived in the hot and humid areas of the country I might have a different opinion. Living here in the San Francisco Bay Area where I have 100+ temperatures where I live to 30-40 degrees lower in San Francisco, I have the best of both worlds.

Rogina B
07-18-2013, 09:08 PM
I find that hard to believe. Women come in a stunning array of shapes and sizes, and there are much more obvious cues if someone is looking for them. The truth is that most people are pretty instinctive about gender, and getting past a quick assessment is much more helpful than worrying about every little detail. There's nothing wrong with exploring any kind of padding that appeals to you, but I wouldn't put much stock in hip/butt padding as The One Missing Element. Choosing clothing that flatters your shape is what most women do, and it works wonders.
I totally agree...exact proportions is not the cue that says you aren't female...The nail tech isn't fooled,or the eyebrow waxer,or the makeup saleslady,etc..pads won't fool the astute!

RenneB
07-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Most of the 'padded' stuff on the net is for those GGs that only need a little extra. For those of us trying to get the 0.6 ratio, it's a little harder to find what fits. What I found that worked the best was the foam all in one hip/butt pad. I'd put those on and then squish them down with a couple of Spanx and I got a pretty good look. Then I dropped some weight and found one of the girls on this site that made some silicone hips... works great. Then again there is always the veronica and curvypads that I've seen also give good shape....

Hope this helps...

Renne.....

Tracii G
07-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Rogina its not about fooling any one its about one being happy with their figure.
Some clothes just don't fit right and look awful with out something in there to make the item fit right.
Its personal preference for the most part if you don't need to pad thats fine.

Sami
07-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Most of the 'padded' stuff on the net is for those GGs that only need a little extra. For those of us trying to get the 0.6 ratio, it's a little harder to find what fits. What I found that worked the best was the foam all in one hip/butt pad. I'd put those on and then squish them down with a couple of Spanx and I got a pretty good look. Then I dropped some weight and found one of the girls on this site that made some silicone hips... works great. Then again there is always the veronica and curvypads that I've seen also give good shape....

Hope this helps...

Renne.....

Yes I have just got these they work really well and look great I just need to do a proper test run on them PM SometimesDiana for info. I haven't had a chance to get some pics done but as soon as I do I will upload them.

linda allen
07-19-2013, 07:09 AM
From what I see in most pictures posted by crossdressers is that their hip and butt proportions are all wrong. Sometimes this is all that is keeping them from "passing" 100 percent. Broad shoulders with tiny, almost non-existent hips is a dead give away (an inverted pyramid look)..................

Yes, that's my point and the reason for my post. While it's true not every GG has the same proportions, I don't think we would ever see one with a 47" bust, somewhat broad shoulders, a 34" waist, and 40" hips.

its not about fooling any one its about one being happy with their figure.
Some clothes just don't fit right and look awful with out something in there to make the item fit right.

Exactly. It's about looking and feeling like a GG.

I have a couple of different pair of padded panties. My favorite pair I purchased from Janet's closet, they are long so don't work well with anything short , the butt & hip pads overlap and there is a slit so they go to the restroom out removing them.

That's probably what I have but I bought them from amazon.com. The slit seems silly to me, I've never used it. It would seem like a lot of trouble to fish Willie out and then try to stuff him back in afterwards.

The top three or four inch waist clincher portion was uncomfortable and rolled over when I sat down so that was eliminated. It's still a little high but I can't cut any more off without the whole thing falling apart.

I've thought of trying to add more foam under the pads, but haven't actually tried it. Evebn though I bought the largest size (and I have only a 34" waist), they are a little tight on me after a while.

............. What I found that worked the best was the foam all in one hip/butt pad. .......

Where did you find these pads and how thick are they? Do they work OK when you sit down or do they wrinkle or move out of place?

Kate Simmons
07-19-2013, 08:16 AM
I never actually measured them Linda but I have two back and side padded panties that I utilize when I go dancing at the club. I more or less gauge how they accentuate my buttski when I sway around out there. Seems to be pretty effective I must say. I doubt anyone is looking at my face when I dance and that is the real bottom line I guess.:)

kimdl93
07-19-2013, 10:10 AM
I sometimes wear a similar padded panty. It helps, but I think the convincing feminine figure requires some definition of the waist...I'm naturally about 42/42 top to bottom, so I always wear a corset or shaper and try to stick with a C/D cup so I'm not decidedly or disproportionately top heavy.

Michelle (Oz)
07-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I've been loosing weight so shape remains work in progress. With a corset and hip/bum pads I've now achieved a 48"/37"/48" figure. My bottom shaping is a combination of http://www.glamourboutique.com/paddedrearandhipsshapinggirdle-new.aspx plus two extra pads; one on each hip ending slightly around the front. No problem with short skirts either. As I've lost weight I've gone down in sizes without waisting (is that a bad pun?) too much money. I'm to a point where I'm happy with the result and finding further weight loss difficult.

Rogina B
07-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Rogina its not about fooling any one its about one being happy with their figure.
Its personal preference for the most part if you don't need to pad thats fine.

I always wear padded panties with hip and butt pads! Just by observation,many women have a different body shape from the scientific model..which opens the door to not worrying so much about having huge hips to go with wider shoulders..I wear a 14 W in a dress and a 16 in a skirt and just don't feel any different would increase "passability" or clothing fit. My experiences only.

Tracii G
07-19-2013, 01:44 PM
The use of pads really depends on the clothes and there are times I don't use them like when I wear a long sweater.
They are not always needed IMO just like silicone forms sometimes just a bra and the breast enhancers work just fine.

Clorissa
07-20-2013, 03:46 PM
I use five silicon hip pads on each side on three overlapping girdles with pockets. A corset is a must to hold these in place. Very realistic effect. A slim waist is a must to maintain an oval hip contour with these pads. I just lost 4 pounds on a 40 mile backpacking trip.

Clorissa

RenneB
07-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Cheap foam pads can be had on the bay store... also one the girls from this site has a nice pair of silicone pads on the bay store also... For a few more $$ you could move up to the veronica or a pair of curvy pads.... happy hunting...

Renne......

docrobbysherry
07-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Linda, I have so many different butt/hip pad combos. Some home made, some purchased. I never leave home without one set or another! I have found sliding them and my panty cinchers down to go potty is much easier and more efficient than trying to fit thru a small slit or hole. And, with practice u can get them back in place ok.

I believe one of your problems may be your breast forms. I adjust the size of my pads to that of my breast forms. And, adjust my forms to the outfit I'm wearing! Try wearing smaller forms and you should have an easier time matching them to your pads.

Do NOT buy waist cinchers without shoulder straps if u plan on wearing one for very long. They always slide down, if not roll down! Or, buy one that has plastic boning that keeps it up. Like my favorite one!

dragdoll
07-20-2013, 09:56 PM
I still have my old cast mould for making the foam hip/butt forms, some of you on here might have gotten a pair from that same mould years ago. I haven't used it in a long time but if anyone needs any let me know. They're not cosmetically perfect but they work good if you have a medium sized frame.

I can post pics if anyone wants to see them, and what they look like underneath clothing.

CarleyR
07-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Do the Veronicas solve this problem, or do they have problems or limitations of their own?

Tina B.
07-21-2013, 07:49 PM
Some women have a big bottom, and small top, my wife always complained about no butt, just a flat place to sit on, she hated it.
Some women, have big tops, others use help to get there, just like we do.
Not every one, male or female, gets the "prefect body", life doesn't work that way, so you do what you can. I figure, if the clothes hang right, I got the padding right. Bra's full with cleavage, waist as small as I can get, hips and rear pushed out as much as needed to fill the thigh, and butt area of the pant, skirt or dress, that's as good as it need get. lucky I have narrow shoulders, so thighs are easy, and in the back, along with my 4 pad pantie I also put on a Booty Pop (2 pad bikini panty) which may not give me J Lo's back side, but it works for me!

Tina B.
07-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Carly wrote the one above me as I was writing mine, and she got here first, but if any one has an answer to that one, I've been curious for years, and was afraid of the price and chance of finding out it was no better than a regular 4 pad pantie.

DianeDeBris
07-21-2013, 10:51 PM
Do the Veronicas solve this problem, or do they have problems or limitations of their own?

I've been delighted with mine!

linda allen
07-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Linda, I have so many different butt/hip pad combos. Some home made, some purchased. I never leave home without one set or another! I have found sliding them and my panty cinchers down to go potty is much easier and more efficient than trying to fit thru a small slit or hole. And, with practice u can get them back in place ok.

I believe one of your problems may be your breast forms. I adjust the size of my pads to that of my breast forms. And, adjust my forms to the outfit I'm wearing! Try wearing smaller forms and you should have an easier time matching them to your pads.

I slide my padded panty down to "do my business" as well. I've got to slide the regular panties and tights or pantyhose down so why not the padded panty as well?

As for the breast forms, the are only a "C" cup so I don't think that's the problem. With no forms at all my bust is still 5" larger than my hips. I've been told I have a condition called "noassatall". :heehee:

I did a little checking on youtube. The one that was suggested previously had no commentary, just loud music. And it ended up making pads that looked like they went down to the ankles.

I'll keep looking and come up with something. Thanks everybody! :)

Jana
07-22-2013, 08:57 AM

Though the veronica claims to be anatomically correct, it has one fundamental design flaw, IMO: it does not have a gluteal cleft (aka butt crack). Whereas this is fine for looser fitting clothes, it doesn't work that well under tighter fitting garments that shape each leg and butt cheek (such as jeans, leggings, yoga pants, etc). Under those kinds of clothes, the veronica produces a funny-looking tush that looks (and moves) as one single rump, resembling the look of a diaper around the back.

So, if you (like me) love to wear pants (and jeans at that), the veronica's probably not the best solution for you.

-------------------------

@ Linda (the OP): Although it would have probably been easier to buy femskin's femgirdle (or their fempads at least), I just couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money. So, after a lot of observation, some study of anatomy, and hours of trial and error, I produced my own set of foam pads that provide the volume I need, where I need it to offset my shoulders and give me a more feminine appearance overall. I admit it's not the most practical setup, as I have to wear a girdle to hold everything in place; however, shapewise, it's second to none, because it's customized to my body.

linda allen
07-22-2013, 09:16 AM
@ Linda (the OP): Although it would have probably been easier to buy femskin's femgirdle (or their fempads at least), I just couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money. So, after a lot of observation, some study of anatomy, and hours of trial and error, I produced my own set of foam pads that provide the volume I need, where I need it to offset my shoulders and give me a more feminine appearance overall. I admit it's not the most practical setup, as I have to wear a girdle to hold everything in place; however, shapewise, it's second to none, because it's customized to my body.

Thanks. I may have to go that route. I fooled around with it a couple years ago but didn't put enough effort into it to have the edges not show. I've thought of gluing the foam to a pair of stretch shorts just to make it easier to put them on and have everything stay in place. Another (larger) pair would have to be worn over them, then the outer garmets, tights or panty hose. Your thoughts?

I have to wonder though if pads that contain the hip and butt padding in one piece (on each side) work when you sit down or do they wrinkle and bunch up. Are yours like that and do you have that problem?

Jana
07-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Linda, in response to your post: (1) mine are not glued to anything, but if you are crafty, your idea might work. (2) I did try to combine hip and butt pads in one piece for each side, but it just didn't work for me. It didn't feel right, it didn't look right, it didn't move right. So, what I have now is a set of 2 pads per side: one for the buttocks and one for the hips. I have no problem sitting, dancing, driving, moving, they stay in place (thanks to the girdle).

linda allen
07-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Linda, in response to your post: (1) mine are not glued to anything, but if you are crafty, your idea might work. (2) I did try to combine hip and butt pads in one piece for each side, but it just didn't work for me. It didn't feel right, it didn't look right, it didn't move right. So, what I have now is a set of 2 pads per side: one for the buttocks and one for the hips. I have no problem sitting, dancing, driving, moving, they stay in place (thanks to the girdle).

Thanks, that's what I thought. The ones I've seen on ebay (even the $150 silicone pads) are mostly just two pieces, not four.

Funny, most GGs worry about making their butts smaller and we're worrying about making them bigger. :heehee:

docrobbysherry
07-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Linda, I've found that u can buy or easily add to commercial formed foam butt pads and have them work quite well. Separate hips look and move better than one piece pads. U can make your own foam hip pads easily and cheaply. Here's the link to my photo tutorial thread on how to:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?182128-Make-your-own-foam-hip-pads-in-about-an-hour!&highlight=Want+hips

linda allen
07-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the link. It's closed so I couldn't post to it.

I tried something similar a couple years ago but I ended up trimming them until they were too small. I think I'll try adding to the back of the existing pads in my padded panties and see how that looks. The advantage to the pantie over the pads you made is that it's on and off and back on very easily when nature calls. And just one piece to throw on the shelf in the closet. I don't understand why some manufacturer hasn't taken the design of the padded panties and just made the hips longer and the pads thicker. And while we're at it, why are the color choices white and black? Why not nude?

Christine.Lolita
07-25-2013, 01:08 AM
I have a pair of those padded panties and was not really happy with the result. I wanted to try wearing jeans enfemme and thought they would create that hour glass shape. They did help. However, the proportions were still not there.
After sizing up the image of my body I did not like what I saw so I changed into one of my Lolita outfits. The petticoat always creates the illusion of a curvy figure and makes my hips seem to be in proportion to my shoulder.
I decided that I would forget about padded undergarments and just wear the petticoat and dress.

vanitysumers
07-27-2013, 12:46 AM
the La Curvi has great butt cleavage and is sculpted like real hips and buttocks but its a foam pad.

I do not like foam,I like silicone pads.

I was gonna slice one with chrome wire so that I can make a mold shape called a plug out of it.

http://www.glamourboutique.com/browseproducts/La-Curvi-Padded-Panty.html

this is another one I like. you can put silicone pads in it and I have seen many ts who have not had body work done use them. they also use the veronica in the BALLS and PAGEANTS.

Silicone Hips and Fanny Padded Panty
http://www.glamourboutique.com/siliconehipsandfannypaddedpanty-new.aspx

HERE IS A LIST OF SOME GREAT PADS. I like the silicone ones

http://www.glamourboutique.com/paddedpanties.aspx

anytime you take the pads off the illusion disappears and so does the fun with it

reb.femme
07-27-2013, 06:11 AM

I'm looking for hip enhancers too but I'm wary of buying something that quite honestly, just doesn't look right. As Kimberly said, women come in an array of shapes and clothing choice is a major factor in looking good. I find shift dresses cover a multitude of sins for me, as does a jersey dress that I can put a belt around. I bought one gorgeously shaped, purple dress, shown in a recent photo post, that looks amazing on my wife but more like a hanging bag on me. I just don't have the hip and waist ratio to pull it off.

So I too am watching this thread with interest. :)

Rebecca

Sometimes Steffi
07-27-2013, 09:15 AM
I have a number of different panties with padded butts (2 pads, one for each cheek).

I did some quick caqlculations (sorry, I'm an engineer), and I'm guessing you only need 2 extra inches of padding on each side to get to 48 inches around.

So consider doing what I do. I often wear 2 pair of butt pad panties, one over the other. I think it makes my butt stick out adequately, and the pads are contained in the pockets of the panties and don't slip around. For as much padding as you want, you might need to get 2 different sizes, say an L and an XL.

linda allen
07-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Steffi, that's a possibility I hadn't really considered. It's hard though, to buy stuff like this online and get the sizes right. If there was a shop in my area where I could try the larger size on over the ones I have, that would be ideal. Otherwise, it's pretty much hit or miss.

There's a large "sex" store in my town but they aren't geared towards crossdressers. They had a pair of padded panties, but they were cheaply made, had small pads and were priced at twice what better products cost from Internet vendors.

Maria S
07-27-2013, 01:44 PM
I agree with many of the posts here. Bum pads are not needed. I gave up wearing them and my arse is almost non existant still get wolf whistles even so.

sophi3
08-19-2013, 08:52 PM
also one the girls from this site has a nice pair of silicone pads on the bay store also... For a few more $$ you could move up to the veronica or a pair of curvy pads.... happy hunting...

Renne......

Hi. Is curvypads better or the silicone pads someone is selling here?
Any pictures of it?

Yes I have just got these they work really well and look great I just need to do a proper test run on them PM SometimesDiana for info. I haven't had a chance to get some pics done but as soon as I do I will upload them.

Hello, any pictures of the silicone pads? Is curvypads(the price keeps increasing!) better? And who can I buy them from? Thanks

Rachel Morley
08-19-2013, 11:17 PM
I use these hip pads (http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-LG-1-Hipsters-Hip-Pads-Crossdresser-Drag-Queen-SEXY-/200619975659?) .... but I trim them down with scissors to get a more gradual blend of shape all over so they are less "lumpy". They work real good strategically placed under a long legged panty girdle. Even under tight skinny jeans you can't tell ... (if you have trimmed them to a gradual curve).

BLUE ORCHID
08-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Hi Linda, I really don't need butt pads I made my own hip pads nd they work great for me.

mara@
10-27-2013, 03:38 PM
i use towels and rags under tights:they work very well!!

brinda_cd
10-29-2013, 01:14 AM
thanks for the info ladies :D

Lexi Moralas
10-29-2013, 02:13 PM
I have one pair that I added pads to in the butt area.
The only draw back is the gap between the butt and hip pad so I use a cut off pair of panty hose and some cotton batting to fill in the gap between the butt and hip pads to smooth it all out and make the proportions look more natural.

Looks fantastic ! Great tip !