PDA

View Full Version : Just need to vent!! Some women do not know what it is to be a woman.

Shelly117
07-18-2013, 04:56 PM
So I am doing interviews for my job. And a girl walks in, she is very nice but looked like a total train wreck! She was tall about 6'0 and skinny. She does not know how to take care of herself. Roots all over her hair, nails a complete mess and horrible taste in clothes. Who where's a gray polo and dirty black pants with converse sneakers to an interview. The whole entire time I was thinking she gets to be a girl and I take better care of myself then her and I can't.

Just needed to vent. Thanks.

DebbieL
07-18-2013, 05:06 PM
You are on very thin ice legally here. Is dressing well a REQUIREMENT of the job? If she is doing outside sales, retail sales of fashion, or a retail stock broker, then you have reason to make an issue.

On the other hand, if the position was for engineering, phone support or phone sales, or other inside work, then she WAS dressed appropriate to the position. I love seeing a woman in an attractive outfit as much as anyone, and try to give compliments when appropriate. On the other hand, when the women at a client site are all wearing jeans, kakis, or baggy capris, and polos or T-shirts, then I have to accept that this is how the other coworkers should also dress. Dressing too well is likely to make them feel uncomfortable.

If I'm at a client site where the men are wearing polos or T-shirts and I keep showing up in dress shirt, tie, slacks, and suit jacket, they are going to feel uncomfortable. The good news is that in this type of environment I can wear my Size 20 slacks, shoes with 2 inch chunk heels, and a cami under the baggy shirt - then ditch the shirt in the parking lot and be in RLE mode the rest of the day.

arbon
07-18-2013, 05:11 PM
sometimes this stuff is just funny

Jaylyn
07-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Lol yeah sometimes they just don't know how good they have it.... But as Arbon says sometimes I look on here to get laugh. Glad though that you can vent on here and we understand the feelings at least most of the times I do...

Dana L
07-18-2013, 05:33 PM
I here you. It just dosen't seem fair when they have all the right stuff and don't make it their best and we struggle with what we have and try to make it as presentable as possible.

Lorileah
07-18-2013, 05:39 PM
OK you vented. Its over and this thread is closed

The rules state clearly "Ridiculing members/non-members, or the manner in which they express themselves. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress, the way they express themselves (such as spelling and language skills, and any mention of religious beliefs, political preferences and affiliations, sexual preference, etc.) "