PDA

View Full Version : One of THOSE guys??

candydawn75
07-19-2013, 04:09 AM
So I am probably totally fixing to get slammed but here goes anyway.

First yes like most of you when I was younger I tried on sisters and moms clothes. So my CDing was buried early in life. Then I hit puberty and the fascination sort of went away.

So now to the point of my post. For many many years I looked at CD as freaky, weird, unnatural, gay. It is just the way we are brought up. Now it is a part of me I will never give up. After starting and then researching I have found that we are normal, very natural, not all gay, and can't speak for you guys but the only freaky for me is in the bedroom :o

So who will be honest?? Were you one of THOSE guys?? Heck I know I was and man was I just hatein!!

Jenny CD
07-19-2013, 04:16 AM
Oh yeah. I was one of those guys. Especially in my late teens and 20s. When I got married, though. I started trying on my ex's underwear and clothes. We were married for 7 years, and I still care for her... Just couldn't live with her! Anyway, it was about 5 years ago that I started buying my own clothes and stuff, and I couldn't be happier. When I go out as Jenny today, I don't know very many people where I live so at this point I don't care who sees me. They won't remember me tomorrow anyway.

So, yeah deep down when I was one of "those guys", I was hatin it too.

natalie_cheryl
07-19-2013, 05:24 AM
i was one of those guys until i got out of the military and then that old feeling came back and well i have decided not to fight it just wish my SO would embrace this side of me a lil more

kathyw
07-19-2013, 05:53 AM
yes im one of those guys and still am . i dont know why i just cant get my head around it. my wife asked me if i was ashamed of it and in away i am but i still do it.

meganmichelle
07-19-2013, 06:14 AM
I definitely can relate to being one of those guys. At a very early age crossdressing was a very normal thing to do especially living in a woman dominated household (stay at home mom, younger sister and father working all the time). It was not until I started school that my parents started to shame me away from crossdressing. Thus from about the age of 5 until I graduated high school even though the urge existed I did not act on it and when I did it was immediately met with shame. It was not until meeting my fiance that I started to realize that Megan was a part of who I was and to find true happiness I needed to include her in my life. Now I cannot imagine a life with out her.

BLUE ORCHID
07-19-2013, 06:19 AM
Hi Candy , I've been dressing for almost 66yrs. and have never wanted to give it up.

sherri
07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
I was never a hater or even a disser, but I could never relate to the campy, over-the-top drag queens, which were really the only blip on the screen during my "straight" years. I had little awareness of real-life crossdressers until I started dressing, and 98% of that info has come from the net.

Beverley Sims
07-19-2013, 10:48 AM
I did not look at it that way but some have seen it that way probably to cover their true feelings.

Debra Russell
07-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Oh yeaaah!! but finally accepted it as part of me - it ain't go'in away........................Debra

Ina Girdle
07-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I never hated it or felt CURSED, but I did carry huge guilt because of it. It has been a part of me since I was around 6. As with much else in life, when you get to a point in your life that you can finally accept who you really are, comes balance. Having a partner that loves and accepts you also helps in the process immensely. Life is too short, accept yourself as you are and enjoy life!!

Ina

ninadiva
07-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I used to believe that the only others like me were the freaky drag queens on Television. So that made me feel freaky too and I sure did have a lot of guilt. Now I have accepted that I am just a normal girl at heart, I feel happier than before. I just wish I hadn't denied myself for so long !

Joanne108
07-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Never! I am who I am! I know that I love to dress as a woman! I try to do a good job at it to. I've very seldom succumbed to the view that crossdressing is gay or wrong! I know I do it and I'm not gay. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Sabrina133
07-19-2013, 01:30 PM
When i first started (in the 6th grade), i had huge feelings of shame and guilt. Those feelings went away after a while due to my boyfriend who was the only other person who knew for the longest time - even after we moved away from each other. When i graduated from high school and went to college, I stopped completely and thought i'd gotten over it. TUrned out i hadn't. When i started again, after graduation, the same feelings of shame and guilt came with the need to dress. Thats when i started seeing a therapist for the first time. She did an amazing job in helping me. During the ame time period, i also met a drag queen who helped me through the guilt and helped me fully develop my female side. Today, I have no guilt and feel perfectly happy with who i am.

Self acceptance is the single greatest event to being comfortable with who you are.

Becaues i was so into my dressing when younger, i never felt that way towards other CDs. I guess i was self aware at a relatively early age so i think that helped me greatly.

Tracii G
07-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I never hated CD/TG or gay people just didn't understand them.I knew I was different inside from when I was a kid just never put 2 &2 together.
Sure there were times I was that guy but I was only trying to fit in with the crowd so I probably looked like a gay basher red neck to some.
I'm so glad I ditched all my friends that thought that way years ago.

candydawn75
07-19-2013, 01:48 PM
WOW!! I have to admit the replies are nothing like I thought!! Being on here just gets better and better!! I find more everyday that most if not all of you are very much like me and I am not alone. Thanks you ladies so much for being honest and replying!! This forum and truly helped me grow and understand myself and my dressing!!

Thank you again!!

nethiker55
07-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Never. I was always facinated by CD's and used to try my sisters clothes from time to time. My family was always very vocal against it as we had a young man in our neighborhood who was into it so I have always had to hide :(

Meg East
07-19-2013, 04:10 PM
I started when I was about ten years old. In my younger years I suppressed my feelings and my cd'ing but the drive never went away. If, while out and about in Seattle I were to see a crossdresser I would be envious.

lingerieLiz
07-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Yes I was. Growing up in the 50s you were gay and wanted to be a woman. While some still think that we've come a long ways.

In my case I was taught that I had to want to be a girl. As a young boy I bought into it. When first out on my own and passing I had a chance to date as a girl. The guy was a friend who was gay. We found out that he wanted a guy and I found that I wasn't interested in guys. It never went beyond platonic dating. Would I have liked to live the lifestyle of women at the time? Yes. But, I also like the lifestyle of guys. I was very interested in girls and have been all my life.

NathalieX66
07-19-2013, 11:47 PM
When I was just a wee kid, I spent quite a few moments digging into my sisters' wardrobe, and wearing her clothes when no one was home. It felt like a special place.

It also felt like "me". Why else would I do such a thing?

For any university or college that wants to do a case study as to why boys want to dress like girls, they should come to me.

GroovyChristy
07-20-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm afraid I was one of those guys. Or rather, one of those kids, because I had not yet learned to see outside the box my city's culture raised me in. I was grossed out by homosexuality and by cross-dressers, simply because I did not understand it in others, let alone myself. I felt ashamed about trying women's clothes sometimes, but I didn't repress that part of myself nearly as much as my bisexuality. Now I'm proud, and out to a couple of people.