PDA

View Full Version : Bobbi has left the building

bobbimo
07-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Last night the wife and I were sitting on the porch drinking wine and watching the tide roll in.
She says look the tide is way up my the oyster house (the building across from our cove). I said no its just the the reflection of the sun on the gravel.
She says no its water, and this went on for a few rounds, Then she says I guess we will have to drive down there and see.
Well I was blown away, since I was wearing a coral summer dress, dangle earrings, bra with forms,, mascara, and eye liner. She would NEVER suggest we go out before. Its about a mile to the oyster house and we have to drive by our neighbors homes. Very scary for her. As we drove down our lane our fist neighbor was coming down the road in his car. quick pull down the bra and dress straps, and off comes the earring. I just drive and the wife waves.
Then we round the corner to the oyster house and the other neighbor is in his garage, but too far to really see anything. We drove down and I was right, no water.
Then home and our first neighbor was sitting on his porch! we waved, and were Home.
WOW my first trip out!
I guess a couple of glasses of wine is just the right amount of courage for the wife.
could THIS BE THE BEGINNING of more fun!
I hope so.
Bobbi

Jaylyn
07-19-2013, 08:48 AM
I suppose every one that goes out had to make those small steps at first. Now that you've had the confidence of doing it and she saw it didn't hurt anything it may become more frequent. Just remember the wine if she doesn't agree next time. Sounds like y'all live in a great place ummm oyster house and water makes me wanna go fishing at the gulf. Hopefully it will be the beginning of more fun for you. A wife that understands is like gold.

kimdl93
07-19-2013, 09:24 AM
That's a good start. The main thong is to relax.

Beverley Sims
07-19-2013, 10:54 AM
I sometimes whether it is a lapse in concentration at the time.
You get used to surroundings dressed and then one day......
Yes it happens, don't remind her though, just let it happen.... It does work.

BLUE ORCHID
07-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Hi Bobbi, It's a good thing that you weren't drinking the hard stuff who knows what might have happened.

lingerieLiz
07-19-2013, 10:27 PM
Joys of living on the water. I think people living on the water are more accepting. More than once my robe has blown open revealing a pretty nightgown to a neighbor while retrieving the morning paper. I no longer worry about what I'm wearing on the patio.

AmyGaleRT
07-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Great first step, Bobbi! I wish there were pictures, that dress of yours sounds pretty! I hope you get a chance for more excursions out in the future! :)

- Amy

Dana L
07-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Sounds like I need to go pick up a bottle of merlot!

Jane G
07-20-2013, 01:20 PM
What a wonderful start. Sounds like you live in beautiful place.

Sabrina133
07-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Even the longest longest journey starts with the first small step. Congratulation Bobbi. Here (raises a glass) is to the next venture out.