PDA

View Full Version : Stress and Crossdressing

Sometimes Steffi
07-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Sometimes I think that when I'm under stress, I'm more liketo want to crossdress, either fully, or underdressing.

Am I the only one? What is the connection?

Leona
07-19-2013, 09:38 PM
For me it depends on what the stress is. Most stressors, I think I find release in being out of my normal skin, and it's my normal skin that's stressed.

But then there are things like when I told my wife about two weeks ago I wanted to separate. I haven't wanted to dress since then. (We haven't separated, but it apparently took that to get her to look more honestly at our relationship)

nhlighthouse
07-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Yes crossdressing/underdressing does really relieve my stress!

Robin777
07-19-2013, 10:09 PM
I also have found that dressing relieves my stress created at work. I think the stress relief is from the mindset I go into when I dress. I go into a completely different mood.It might be that I go from a male mindset to more of a femme mindset and the thing that was causing the stress goes with it.

Dana L
07-20-2013, 12:09 AM
You are not alone. I don't know if dressing relives the stress or not dressing causes the stress. All I know is the longer I can be Dana the better I feel.

Missy
07-20-2013, 12:14 AM
When in stress wear a dress or under dress it is a main stress release for me

NathalieX66
07-20-2013, 12:16 AM
We are all driven to whatever medicine fixes that which ails us.

I'm still a girl, no getting around that fact.

mollycd99
07-20-2013, 01:51 AM
OMG yes. I'd been a low-level, occasional crossdresser till my wife was diagnosed with cancer. Then all of a sudden it was 24/7. She realized it was a stress reaction before I did.

When thing get rough, I put on my big girl panties! That seems to help quite a bit.

Kate Simmons
07-20-2013, 03:57 AM
When it was a compulsion for me, my therapist at the time explained that dressing was my "drug of choice" to make me feel better when things got me down.:)

candydawn75
07-20-2013, 05:09 AM
Totally not alone!! I have had one HECK of a stressful week. We are in the process of moving, me leaving a job I LOVE and having to find a new one with 3 interviews just this week. I am still staying at my old house for a bit til I get a job away from my wife and kids. I came to the new house for an interview and the kids were with friends, so after the interview and the next day my wife TOLD me to dress so I could calm down. Not sure why it helps but it does.

Rachelakld
07-20-2013, 05:52 AM
When I'm stressed, wife tells me I should get some serious girl time

BLUE ORCHID
07-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Hi Steffi, It sure works for me when I'm dressed .

Mollyanne
07-20-2013, 06:24 AM
I like to dress and feel much more comfortable when things are getting cloudier and cloudier. But all in all, the fact remains that I like to dress whether or not there is stress or not.

Molly

Sister Rachel
07-20-2013, 06:31 AM
I've been under a lot of stress in recent months (for reasons I won't go into here and now), and it's certainly coincided closely with me getting more clothes, dressing more, and coming out to friends and businesses ..

Beverley Sims
07-20-2013, 08:42 AM
I feel a little bit like that sometimes too.

Ann Thomas
07-20-2013, 09:36 AM
I've been having conversations about similar topics with my therapist. What I think happens for me is that it's "who I am" coming out. When I'm under stress, I want things that bring comfort to me (like foods, places, music, people, etc). That includes being myself. I am most comfortable being female, being Ann.

I now dress female 99.9% of the time. This includes work, school, social events, with the last major hurdle being family events.

Ann

Tina B.
07-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Steffie, like Leona, I go both ways on that, it depend on the direction the stress comes from. If it's from outside the home, (job, friends, and extended family) that can push to want (that should read, need) to dress. But if it comes from within the home, such as a fight with the wife not often, and not really bad, but a fight) or problems with the house that needs MISTER MAN, to jump up and fix things and save the day, I can get caught playing guy for days before I think of a dress again.

sherri
07-20-2013, 10:52 AM
For me, there's no doubt that slipping into private girl mode can be a big relief. I just automatically calm down and enjoy the moment. Probably part of it is taking some time to focus on myself for a change. But I also think that stepping out into the world entails a certain amount of, well, not stress exactly, maybe a little tension or carefulness. Circumstances prevent me from being Sherri at home or around my home town, so some of my favorite moments happen during those rare weekend getaways, returning to my hotel room after an outing for some quiet time, a little respite from the envelope pushing and simultaneously relieved that I don't have to revert to guy mode any time soon. It's so nice to slip into my fav denim skirt and sandals and while away the afternoon primping and planning my evening, and when I get bored having little mini outings to the vending machines or reading a magazine by the pool. My fav hotel in OKC has a nice restaurant and a quiet piano bar that are soooo relaxing and pleasant, nearly always good for a conversation with a new acquaintance. I always wish the weekend would last forever ...

Allison2006
07-20-2013, 11:53 AM
It definitely relieves stress for me although I don't dress frequently for that reason.

Darcy
07-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Im streesed by the fact that I can t dress 24/7. I hate not having enough Darcy time. My wife is great about my dressing but I can t push too hard. The look of mens clothes make me sick. I feel so right when Im dressed and I could never stop. It really sucks the life out of me. When Im not dressed Im miserable. People and friends think Im unhappy all the time and want to know whats wrong. Wish I had the balls to tell them the truth

Stephanie47
07-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Yep, it does not take a rocket scientist to realize cross dressing relieves stress. My work environment several years before my retirement was very stressful. I sought relief expanding and buying more women's clothing. It seems dressing as a woman produces a mindset that I am not the male person stuck in the environment I sought to escape. Cross dressing has also been a method to escape certain aspects of military service in Viet Nam as an infantryman. I guess the alternative to cross dressing could have been usage of alcohol or illegal drugs. I think cross dressing is a relative harmless alternative alternative to alcohol and drug abuse, when used in moderation. To me wearing women's clothing during a period of soul searching and reflection is not different than sitting at the end of a dock with a fishing pole. Very relaxing.

Darcy
07-20-2013, 12:13 PM
I forgot one thing I love this site and all of you. You are my friends I ll never see and my salveion That keeps me somewhat sane and I thank you all . Hope you all have a great life and never ever think your alone.

stephNE
07-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Steffi you're not alone. Dressing for me relieves stress - maybe not every time, but many times.

heatherdress
07-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Steffi - I also feel that crossdressing is a stress reliever. I understand the many comments already shared. I feel different - happier, more relaxed.

Meg East
07-20-2013, 05:06 PM
To me dressing is the most healthy stress reliever available.

AmyGaleRT
07-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Oh, after the week I've had, I definitely needed some Amy time! :D

- Amy

Sami
07-20-2013, 05:12 PM
For me crossdressing is a stress relief also but I think that most of my stress is caused by it in the first place being in the closet, decieving, waiting for and looking for an opportunity so dressing takes the levels down again and also I just love to be me sometimes Sami and sometimes not.

Amy R Lynn
07-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Like so many others here, it is a catch 22. Dressing puts me more at ease with myself when I do. I am more relaxed and have a great time. I'm definitely more happy and it relieves stress. However, I can't dress when I would like to. And that creates a lot of stress too. I try to under dress when I can, but I can only wear panties. I fear that in the summer my bra straps would show through and that would lead to a very uncomfortable conversation.

meganmichelle
07-21-2013, 05:53 AM
For me, crossdressing has always been a way for me to escape my daily stress and become someone that those things that were causing me anxiety could not effect. It is unfortunate that for most of my life i considered crossdressing to be a source of stress in my male life. Always wondering if I would find someone who accepted me. Always worrying about being caught.

Lacy PJs
07-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Like you, I find that stress seems to increase my desire to dress. The loss of a job & unemployment... the loss of a loved one... two very big events in my life where dressing helped relieve the stress.

Lacy PJs

Sabrina133
07-21-2013, 03:04 PM
I know that when i come home at night, i like to shed the man suit, take a shower, put on my face, put on a cute pair of short shorts and top. Whoever gets home first will get the martinis ready. Not sure if its the martinis or the cute outfit but i certainly feel less stress.

RebeccaLynne
07-21-2013, 03:37 PM
... from my male "making a living" persona... yeah, that's what I do.

Steffi, I work in a very dangerous environment, one in which a moment's inattention or distraction can get you killed... OK, I'll announce it here: railroading.

I'll just say... I compartmentalize. I stay totally focused on the task at hand while working. Then I tie-up my ticket (clock out), go home, shower, shave, and get girly...total stress relief! :)

Any rails reading this who recognize me, if not a member: sign up, and PM me; otherwise, I'll absolutely deny any and all affiliation, knowledge, or awareness of even the existence of this site... or, alternatively, call me... you've got my number... can we talk? :heehee:

'Cause if you're like me... we've got a lot to talk about... and I can keep a secret! :battingeyelashes:

Sometimes Steffi
07-22-2013, 05:04 AM
Thanks for all your comments. I;m still trying to figure out how to explain it to my wife.

joanna4
07-22-2013, 05:33 AM
I turn to crossdressing when I'm stressed and even depressed. Crossdressing is something that I'm proud of and it makes me happy. When I think that life sucks and I'm too short, only crossdressing and heels can make me tall. Other than that it just takes away out all the negative.

Darla
07-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Low to mid level stress - I love to dress. I spend time thinking about dressing, shoes, hair, makeup, feeling femme etc. high level, wreck your life stress? Tends to do away with everything. Don't want to eat, sleep or dress. Here's to keeping it chill!

christineluvsnylon
07-22-2013, 07:11 AM
When I am under constant stress, I also have a very strong desire to dress.
When I am dressed, I find I can deal with the issues that are causing me the stress.