PDA

View Full Version : The cost of love is lowered

Nigella
07-20-2013, 12:18 PM
Some of you may recall that I have spoken against a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC) as the cost of one was too high.

A GRC is the legal piece of paper, for the UK, to say that you are female, this then enables a TS to obtain a new birth certificate showing the correct gender. Of course this costs money, but it was not the monetary value that prevented me from getting one, it was the cost of our marriage. To have that piece of paper required a divorce or annulment of the marriage :sad:

NO MORE :D

The UK has finally made SAME SEX MARRIAGE legal, it was in the terms of UK legislation, a rather rapid progress through the system. I guess it will take time for the rest of the "paperwork" trail to catch up with the new law, but now we can keep our marriage intact whilst I can finally be legally gendered female. :cheer:

Good things come to those that wait :)

Ellanore G.G.
07-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Thats just great news..

Jorja
07-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Great news! At least the people in your country have at last come to their senses. Now if ours would.

Eryn
07-20-2013, 12:29 PM
That's good news! I'm looking foreward to the day when gender markers are just as obsolete as race markers.

Angela Campbell
07-20-2013, 02:02 PM
I will never understand why some people feel justified in telling others who they should love.

Marleena
07-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes, I think I read about that. Congrats!

Di
07-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Great News!!!!:love::love::love::love:

suzy1
07-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Makes me proud to be British Nigella.:)

Great comment from Eryn!:thumbsup:

Barbara Ella
07-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Great news for all of you over there. We are very slowly working toward that. Just this past week my wife finally accepted and embraced the concept that what we are internally does not matter.

Barbara

Nicole Erin
07-21-2013, 02:22 AM
Cost of love or that cert is lowered?
Ok then, what about people who marry and divorce on a whim and have had more spouses than Liz Taylor? Do they get even deeper discounts for being loyalty shoppers? Wait, nevermind, the word "loyalty", sure there is a pun in there somewhere...
Carry on, folks, carry on.

Rianna Humble
07-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Hi Nicole,

The cost runs both ways for a couple like Sandra and Nigella. Their love for each other is such that until now, it would have cost Nigella her ability to have the Gender Recognition Certificate that would allow her to change her Birth Certificate and everything that goes with that. Alternatively, obtaining the Certificate would have cost the expression of that love by making her get a divorce she didn't want.

This was an intolerable dilemma to have to face and I am really glad that for once sufficient members of the main parties over here were able to set aside their differences and do what is right in these circumstances. The changes are not perfect by any means, but at least now Nigella and Sandra will no longer be obliged to choose between their love and the certificate.

DAVIDA
07-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Good news to hear Nigella!:hugs:
It will be good when EVERY government gets out of the marriage decisions.:brolleyes: