PDA

View Full Version : OMG I can't belive I just did it!

Dana L
07-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Other than Halloween I've never been out as Dana. My dressing has only been here at home. My wife is very supportive of my dressing but my kids don't know. So with the kids home from college it's been a long summer of not dressing. Today my son is at his girlfriends house and my wife and daughter went to a bridal shower. That left me the whole day for some Dana time. I did my hair and makeup put my earrings in and put on my fusha shorts a floral top and my floral wedges. I was looking really good. Suddenly the doorbell rang. I looked out the kitchen window and it was two men holding what appeared to be fliers. At first I was just going to wait till they left but then I said heck with it and opened the door. They were from a local church letting people know about a community picnic they were having. The man handed me a flier and said hope you can make it and to have a nice afternoon mam. They left and I closed the door and and my heart was just racing. I did it I actually did it and he called me mam! Maybe they were just being polite but I'll take it.I feel like I'm on cloud nine.

JenniferLynn0370
07-21-2013, 02:08 PM
Congrats Dana!! What a great step and an awesome reward for taking it! Hope you continue to enjoy such great success in your future outings...I know you will!!

Hugs,
Jen

heatherdress
07-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Great Dana. It must have felt terrific. And you had real guts. Most of us would not have answered the door. Good for you. Maybe there is a Meetup or TriEss group near you. If so, you would enjoy going to their meetings or activities. Congratulations.

suzanne
07-21-2013, 09:19 PM
That's totally fantastic! It's clear that your presentation is good enough to go out in public. And this little event has to give your confidernce a huge boost. So when is it gonna happen?

linda allen
07-22-2013, 08:55 AM
One of these days I may answer the door dressed but I'm usually not wearing enough makeup to hide my beard shadow, and I'm usually dressed up a little more than the average woman would be just hanging around the house. My wife worries (I hope she's kidding) that one day I will forget and open the door with my boobs on. I have to admit that they are comfortable and begin to feel like part of me after a while. I've even forgotten that I was wearing padded panties on occasion.

I ignore the door unless it's my next door neighbor who can figure out that I'm home by the vehicles in the driveway. Then I have to do a quick change. I tell him I was in the bathreoom, but he must wonder why I spend so much time in there. :heehee:

Princess Grandpa
07-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Funny how just opening the door can be such a huge step. Oh but it was and you should be proud of yourself! And then you got maam'd as a reward for your courage. Freaking awesome!

Hug
Rita

Beverley Sims
07-22-2013, 10:56 AM
One small step for Dana.
Good one. :)

Tina B.
07-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Very bold answering the door in your own home. I don't think I could do it, not here, maybe if I was somewhere besides my own neighborhood, I'm just not that brave.

docrobbysherry
07-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Never dress where u live! Good advice, Tina! Unless you're living as a woman.

On the other hand, congrats, Dana! I hope it opens doors for u!

Lynn Marie
07-24-2013, 02:10 AM
The next thing we'll be hearing is a trip to DLV or SCC. Very brave Dana.

BLUE ORCHID
07-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Hi Dana, So are you going to the picnic dressed as Dana ??

Dana L
07-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi Dana, So are you going to the picnic dressed as Dana ??
No I won't be going to the picnic, I'm not that brave yet. As a matter of a fact I'm not actually brave enough or bold enough to have opened the door that day. I'm not sure what came over me. I think it was because I hadn't dressed in a while and really needed it and I didn't feel like hiding from my doorbell. Thank you all for the encouraging words. You words and that days experience is putting me one step closer to being out.