PDA

View Full Version : oh wow!!

VAWyman
07-22-2013, 01:20 PM
I work in a hostipal with about 20-30 GG nurses. Thye were scrubs every day. Occasionally they have a theme day. This Wed. they all decided to wear their best skirt to work and are giving me a hard time about it (they have no idea I'm CD.). Several offered to bring in a skirt for me and asked my size. I almost said "size 12" but caught myself in time to say "waist 34.". What an inopportune time to have purged!!!

DonnaT
07-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Make sure your legs are smooth!

Jaymees22
07-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi, Sounds like an opportunity to have some fun and show off your legs, all in team spirit! Jaymee

linda allen
07-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Let them all bring you skirts (the ones that have anything close to your size) and try them all on (model them for everybody), then wear the ones that fit for an hour each.

You might suggest that they furnish blouses to go with the skirts.

giuseppina
07-22-2013, 02:36 PM
I'd be very careful of this one. It only takes one person to make trouble for you. This can blow up in your face and leave you without a job. Sure, the nurses are after you about this, but if management sees you or otherwise gets involved, they may not see it your or your coworkers way.

Managers have also been known to find ways of letting people go for "performance" reasons when the real issue is something like this.

Beverley Sims
07-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Victoria,
Yes, it could be fun although I notice Giuseppina is cautious about this.
You need to weigh it all up and go with the mood of the other staff.
Don't let opportunity cloud your reasoning, on a more positive note do have good fun with the theme day.

carhill2mn
07-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Once again it is proven that purging is not a great idea!

VAWyman
07-22-2013, 05:30 PM
I told them I was gonna wrap a towel around my waist and roll up my pant legs. I'm too chicken to wear a skirt for exactly the reason that Giuseppina said.

Once again it is proven that purging is not a great idea!
The purge was not by choice. 'nuff said.

meganmichelle
07-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Halloween last year presented me with a similar situation where my fiance offered to swap places with me where I would pretend to be her and she would become me for the evening. The biggest concern and the one that eventually led me not to do this were the pictures. To me it is one thing to dress in private but something different if my pictures were to ever get posted online and my current or future employers were to find them. This girl is not ready to be blackmailed or commit career suicide.

Eryn
07-22-2013, 05:44 PM
If you're showing solidarity with your co-workers you'd probably be the hit of the day. If you're horning in just so you can wear a skirt for a day then it could cause problems. It's your job and only you can gauge the appropriateness of the situation.

VirtuaGrl
07-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Halloween last year presented me with a similar situation where my fiance offered to swap places with me where I would pretend to be her and she would become me for the evening. The biggest concern and the one that eventually led me not to do this were the pictures. To me it is one thing to dress in private but something different if my pictures were to ever get posted online and my current or future employers were to find them. This girl is not ready to be blackmailed or commit career suicide.
Wow. That is an opportunity I would have found impossible to pass up.... Pictures or no pictures....

Tina B.
07-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Compromise, show the girls your game, if anyone show up with a skirt for you, take it, roll up those pants legs, laugh it up, and they will just think your a great sport!

Juliea661
07-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Ha! Go for it Victoria and wear your best sexiest skirt!!!
Hugs, Jules