PDA

View Full Version : My mom gave me tips on make up

Emmalee
07-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Yesterday My mom was putting on her face and I saw her sparkly lip gloss so I asked her "you aren't too old for that?" Than we had a convo on good make up and she gave me some tips for my eyes.

I told her about my little habit two years ago, and she was upset about it but now I think she has mellowed out, so who knows maybe we will go to Macy's and do a shopping trip.

Tracii G
07-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Seems she has mellowed a bit.Ask her to do your eyes.

lingerieLiz
07-23-2013, 11:13 PM
You might ask her what kind of clothes you should by for your age and how do you tell quality clothes. She might be willing to go shopping with you if ask for guidance.

Tina B.
07-23-2013, 11:34 PM
My mom gave me makeup tips two, she told me if my fater caught me in her makeup he would whip me till I couldn't sit down. I think I like your mom's advice better!

BLUE ORCHID
07-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Hi Emmalee, It sure does sound like she is starting to accept her ((Daughter))

Beverley Sims
07-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Don't push your mother too far, let her lead, remember she probably always has. :)

Emmalee
07-24-2013, 09:25 AM
You might ask her what kind of clothes you should by for your age and how do you tell quality clothes. She might be willing to go shopping with you if ask for guidance.
That's a possibility

Emmalee
07-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Hi Emmalee, It sure does sound like she is starting to accept her ((Daughter))
The truth is she always wanted a daughter

Emmalee
07-24-2013, 09:31 AM
The Truth is we want to start a family restaurant/cafe where everyone can be who they are with out hesitation. We want it to be a focal point of creativity,education,and philanthropy. when we have the belly dancing competition she expects me to compete

Amanda22
07-24-2013, 09:59 AM
"you aren't too old for that?"

I really hate being asked that! :)

Jaylyn
07-24-2013, 10:20 AM
I think my mom might have started all my dressing because she actually started dressing me like the girl she wanted. My dad had to stop her by throwing a fit when he saw me. She then would dress me up in dresses when he would go to work. She also let my hair grow longer than usual before dad would tell her it's time for me to get a hair cut. She took some pics of me after she dressed me all up in a bonnet and liked to have gotten a divorce over it. I really think sometimes moms have more influence on kids than we realize.

Emmalee
07-24-2013, 05:42 PM
Well to tell you the truth I started dressing myself in preschool. Then there was the other girls in the apartments where I lived, I was the only one with white skin they used to play with my hair and put their moms make up on my face. So my mom never really had anything to do with it.

Tracii G
07-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Back in high school when I was a junior I went to the senior prom with some GF's down the street and my Mom knew the girls were going to dress me up as a lark type thing just for fun.
She came down to the neighbors house as they were dressing me and she thought I looked cute with my long hair all done up on top of my head.
I think my Mom had a good idea I was enjoying it.

ArleneRaquel
07-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Tracii,
A lovely story darlin, thank you so much for sharing that wonderful experience.