PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Mirror

ErinSassyPants
07-23-2013, 11:05 PM
I ran across a concept today called a mirror fast. The idea is that you take a break for a day or a week or a month or a year or whatever from looking at your reflection. You don't look at yourself in store windows or use your smart phone to see how you look either.

I thought that was a really interesting idea. Then I was reading a post here and someone mentioned feeling good until they look in the mirror and what is there does not match what they feel inside.

So it got me thinking about TG and Mirrors.

I'm wondering

How much do you look in the mirror and is it different if you are in boy or girl mode(if that applies to you)?

Does looking in the mirror(or at pictures of yourself) tend to "validate" (for lack of a better word) you and make you feel good? or does looking in the mirror(or at pictures of yourself) tend to make you feel less happy with yourself?

Would you ever consider a mirror fast? What effect to you think a mirror fast might have on your thoughts and feelings?

Princess Grandpa
07-23-2013, 11:15 PM
In male mode I would look on a mirror when I needed to shave or something. When dressed as Rita, especially since the arrival of my forms and wig I can't pass a mirror. I interrupt my work to walk into the room with a mirror. It doesn't matter that I'm not pretty. I see pretty even if its not really there. Even more so when Julie has done my make up

Vanity vanity thy name is Rita!

Hug
Rita

MysticLady
07-23-2013, 11:40 PM
How much do you look in the mirror and is it different if you are in boy or girl mode(if that applies to you)??

Hi Erin, In girl mode, the mirror is my best friend:heehee:

Does looking in the mirror(or at pictures of yourself) tend to "validate" (for lack of a better word) you and make you feel good? or does looking in the mirror(or at pictures of yourself) tend to make you feel less happy with yourself??

When in girl mode, I really enjoy looking in the mirror. The person there is always smiling, and that makes me feel good.

Would you ever consider a mirror fast? What effect to you think a mirror fast might have on your thoughts and feelings?

In guy mode, it wouldn't be an issue whatsoever. In girl mode, I would not be able too. When I doll up, I love the mirror.:D

PaulaQ
07-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Erin, sometimes I don't look in the mirror at all as a male, because I hate what looks back at me so much. I only look at parts of my face in the mirror - to shave, comb my hair (such as it is). Once in a while, under really extreme stress, I hallucinate some, and what looks back at me in the mirror is just hideous. I hate the mirror.

docrobbysherry
07-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Robert looks in the mirror only when he has to. Ugh!

Sherry looks in the mirror because she loves seeing beautiful women looking back!

BLUE ORCHID
07-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Hi Erin, I have no problem with my mirror as Mr. Drab But when I'm dressed the mirror is Orchid's best friend.

Beverley Sims
07-24-2013, 06:45 AM
I look in a mirror and see either myself or my imagination running wild. :)

Traceyjo
07-24-2013, 06:55 AM
I look in the mirror as a male when I need to and am satisfied with what I see but when I'm dressed I'm constantly going back to mirrors and loving my reflection. Its an essential part of the pleasure I gain from CDing.

Tina B.
07-24-2013, 07:20 AM
I have to admit, as a guy, there isn't much reason to be looking in the mirror, shave and comb what little hair is left and your done with mirrors.
We do happen to have mirrors all over the house, shower doors, closet doors, both full length. and through out the house the wife has them around for décor.
When dressed with full make up and wig, I have been know to stop washing the dishes, to walk into the living room, just to check my hair and make up out. I may not see a pretty women, but I do see a nicely dressed one!

Cheryl T
07-24-2013, 07:28 AM
He looks in the mirror to shave in the morning and dress for work.
I look in the mirror to dress and check my appearance throughout the day. I don't look for validation, but to be sure the image I present to the world is the best I can offer.

A vacation from mirrors for a month...NO Way!! LOL...he could care less, I just couldn't do it.

Kate Simmons
07-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Using the mirror is a feed back/feed forward process and is an invaluable aid as far as appearance. If you want to live long, it's best never to try and separate a woman from her mirror for too long.:battingeyelashes::)

MysticLady
07-24-2013, 09:42 AM
I have been know to stop washing the dishes, to walk into the living room, just to check my hair and make up out. I may not see a pretty women, but I do see a nicely dressed one!

Hi Tina

Mirrors not only reflect the exterior, they also reflect the soul. When en femme, my soul is very happy and I love it when my soul is happy.:)

Crissy Kay
07-24-2013, 09:59 AM
As Crissy, I do spend quite a bit of time looking in the mirror. As my guy self, not much at all. Mainly when shaving, as another poster stated.

Debra Russell
07-24-2013, 11:38 AM
When I am dressed and ready to go the mirror is the final say so in my affirmatinn - my confidant and friend. In male mode I still need to know how bad I will scare anyone - so the mirror is essential - a mirror fast not happen'en.........................Debra

LilSissyStevie
07-24-2013, 12:05 PM
When I was a little younger and in better shape, I would occasionally look in the mirror and think, "Now, that's a good looking man!" I was gay for myself - autoandrophilia!:eek: Maybe that's why I was never gay for any other man. I mean, once you've had the best....:D On the other hand, I don't really like looking into the mirror en femme or even taking pictures. Mostly I just see a man in a dress though sometimes I get a glimpse of "her." It's not really about the look for me. It's more about the experience.:daydreaming:

Princess Grandpa
07-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi Tina

Mirrors not only reflect the exterior, they also reflect the soul. When en femme, my soul is very happy and I love it when my soul is happy.:)

That is so well stated! I too stop my chores to seek out a mirror sometimes. /blush. The woman looking back may not be pretty, but she's happy!

NicoleScott
07-24-2013, 01:54 PM
When I was a child on travels with my family, it seemed that most of the hotels/motels were independent. Now, franchises. That's good, in a way, hopefully giving customers a sense of knowing what they're getting. But back then, there were no assurrances or perceptions, so when we stopped for the night, my dad would leave the rest of us in the car while he inspected the room we were to get, before committing to the stay. Smart.
I love to dress in hotel rooms, and find myself wanting to inspect the room before committing. What for? Mirrors! And lighting. I like well-lit big vanity mirror, and a full-length mirror. It's important to me, as I spend a lot of time in front of the mirror(s).
Bless her heart. My wife bought me one of those mirrors that hang on a door and has hinged side mirrors for viewing at angles other than head-on. Love it. She also bought me a lighted and reversible-magnified makeup mirror. She knows that part of me too well.

suchacutie
07-24-2013, 02:55 PM
I use a mirror for inspection no matter which of my genders is active at that moment. Shaving is an obvious time, but inspection, adding facial products, adjusting clothes, or viewing the results are all a matter of necessity. I especially love my makeup mirror! I guess I see mirrors as a part of living my life with nothing negative in the slightest!

Tina

Dawn cd
07-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Interesting idea: mirror fast. We can get too much of ourselves, so a mirror fast would help to bring us back to earth. Sometimes, too, when we look into a mirror, we see the figure we WANT to see, not the one that's really there. It reminds me of the scene in How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying when the hero sings to his mirrored image: "I belieeve in you! Yes, I beleeve in you..."

Of course a girl can't put in her makeup without a mirror, or check her hems, or fix her hair. But, except for that, a mirror fast might be healthy.

ArleneRaquel
07-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Mirrors seem to break when I show my face.

Candice Mae
07-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Sometimes when I have nothing planned for a few days I spend it living full time has Candice. During this time I make an effort to not see my male self, so after a few days of seeing Candice in the mirror. It is quite the shock to walk in to the bathroom the next morning to see a guy looking back at me, I felt like a woman that magically turned into a guy as she slept. Looking closely at my face and body as if I don't recognize it for a second. Then look at the counter and shower and see that Candice's stuff is still out, and I have to get my guy stuff back out of the closet. Then go to my bedroom to get dressed to find womans clothes and underwear all over the floor, its like being a stranger in my own place.

Eryn
07-24-2013, 04:51 PM
I mirror-fast regularly. It's called being in drab! Nobody really cares how I look so why should I?

When I'm dressed I like mirrors because there can be things out of place that need to be corrected. Femme clothes, being more creative, are also require more tending to wear properly. Makeup and hair too. You can't feel lipstick on your teeth or a strand of hair out of place so one has to do visual checks.

Ellie52
07-24-2013, 06:36 PM
I thought the original quote from snow white was "Mirror Miror on the wall who is the fairest of the all" and the answer was Arlene of course....And the witch was furious..That darn Arlene is so beautiful..love ya Arlenexxx....Ellie

MysticLady
07-24-2013, 10:48 PM

Your so Modest Sweetie. We all know better.....................you Diva:hugs: