PDA

View Full Version : Betrayer betrayed?

Julie York
07-24-2013, 03:12 PM
This isn't gender specific, but my experience involved a woman. I imagine it happens the other way round too. I was with a group of men and a woman. The woman was being 'one of the lads' and revealed something about her ex-boyfriend, presuming we would all be delighted by this bit of gossip about her ex at his expense. Everyone did a few awkward smiles, but the end result was it backfired really badly. No-one felt badly about the guy, or mocked him. But we ALL felt uncomfortable around her after that.

What you reveal...reveals a lot.

natalie_cheryl
07-24-2013, 03:48 PM
do you guys know this man? i dont know why some people do things like that

AllieSF
07-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I have seen and heard that happening before. Unfortunately, it does not happen often enough. People join in the negativity moment to try to be part of the group. That is more common, even when they really are either neutral about the whole situation or actually have totally opposite views than those of the basher. That is life. Our little insecurities can do a lot of damage to others if we ignore the consequences of what we, say or do, or do not say or do when something needs to said and done. It is a very good life lesson if we can recognize it as one.

giuseppina
07-24-2013, 08:48 PM
I have two words of response to this sort of thing: Disgruntled Ex.

Jenniferathome
07-24-2013, 09:51 PM
There wouldn't be the phrase, "putting your foot in your month" if it didn't happen often enough. Shit happens. Is it always malicious? No. Forgive and forget

AmyGaleRT
07-25-2013, 12:01 AM
Pay attention when you meet someone new; if he/she gossips to you, he/she will gossip about you.

- Amy

denese013
07-25-2013, 12:42 AM
If you kick someone in the ass,you risk getting shit on your shoe.

Beverley Sims
07-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Yes I never took a girl like that home to meet mother.
Also birds don't sh*t in their own nest either.