PDA

View Full Version : Using makeup in guy mode

JuliaC
07-24-2013, 10:30 PM
Any of you girls also use makeup in guy mode?

Sabrina133
07-24-2013, 10:32 PM
The clostest i've come is keeping my toe nails polished - other than that, no. I tend to keep as separate as possible --

Nikki A.
07-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Sometimes a little mineral powder for a little color. Not a lot though.

Jenniferathome
07-24-2013, 10:40 PM
No, why would I? The great thing about being a guy is that you don't have to do that!

Jaylyn
07-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Nothing but toes deep red polish, I do moisturize my face n sometimes just a dab here and there to hide my sun spots. Been doing that though for years. Probably doesn't count as makeup.

Majella St Gerard
07-24-2013, 10:58 PM
I often go out with some lite eye shadow and mascara while dressed in guy mode, but I usually dress in a mix of masc. and fem.

CD_blue
07-24-2013, 10:59 PM
When I first started using make up I put on the foundation/powder and thought "My god guys should be using this all the time". Just thought it made me look better overall haha.

Not really, but if I didn't live where I lived I could see myself using it more often. I keep toe nails polished.

Really though do think if anything changed within our society it should be whole powder/foundation. It just helps lol

lingerieLiz
07-24-2013, 11:42 PM
I've done it, but lightly. It has been noticed once in a while. Never had a problem with anyone over it.

Tracii G
07-25-2013, 12:30 AM
Just mascara and eye liner every now and then.

ArleneRaquel
07-25-2013, 12:37 AM
I never have as far as I can recall.

Lorileah
07-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Tinted moisturizer light tan eye shadow and eye liner. nude or close lipstick

Rachel Morley
07-25-2013, 12:51 AM
I do, but only if I am going out, like to dinner, the movies or a club or whatever ... then I'll wear light tinted moisturizer and a lick of mascara. Why might I want to do this in guy mode? ... because IMHO make up (if it's done appropriately) makes everyone look better! :)

Rogina B
07-25-2013, 05:31 AM
The fun part of this is when you realize that all the "conservative male commentators" on TV have makeup on! Why? So they will look a whole lot better for it! lol

Beverley Sims
07-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Stage makeup quite often.
You need contrast on TV and makeup provides a little enhancement.

Angela Campbell
07-25-2013, 06:58 AM
Not makeup, but I often wear jewelry when dressed as a man. Not male jewelry.

Tina B.
07-25-2013, 07:13 AM
I have but never on purpose.

CarlaWestin
07-25-2013, 07:21 AM
In my occupation, I frequently see young men with beautifully attended to facial features to include subtle touches of makeup. I think it's a fabulous fashion trend and I wish I was 30 years younger. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to put makeup on ET (http://www.free-wallpaper-download.com/movie/ET/et2.jpg).

Krististeph
07-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Only hidden (toes, etc), except for light buff or clear polish at times. I used to put on a very minimal amount sometimes when working late- not enough to really notice (or so i hoped).

occasionally- zinc oxide skin block in fun colors when exercising or active outdoors.

I still don't think makeup looks good on me as a guy, or most men in general- unless it is relatively subdued. But for concerts and parties- it works great! I guess that's where i've gone the wildest while still presenting as male (I love that word- 'presenting' sounds like i'm a freaking baboon or something... ) :-)

sheilagirl
07-25-2013, 07:39 AM
I put on "light" make-up everyday. As I get older, it's very nice to be able to smooth out some of the wrinkles
and a little blush helps put a little color to my fair skin. I do get compliments on my appearance even though
I am in "guy mode", I do have long hair so I think I might be gender bending, just a bit.

linda allen
07-25-2013, 07:43 AM
As a band member many long years ago when it was in style to dress up and look good on stage, the entire band used Cover Girl to hide our beard shadows and any blemishes.

Now, no. I see no need to and have no desire to..

joan47
07-25-2013, 08:14 AM
I use pencil on my thin arched eyebrows, foundation, blouse and powder, mascara, lip gloss, sometimes shadow, but very lightly.

Amanda22
07-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Yes, often in fact. I love breaking gender boundaries.

Princess Grandpa
07-25-2013, 09:04 AM
My toes are always painted now. Most days I do my nails after my last resident leaves and I do all my errands with them like that, removing it just before people return. Dressing at home I don't use face make up as I would have to ask for Julie's help and for a couple hours a day it just doesn't seem worth it. I'm learning to do it myself so perhaps once I'm capable I will use it more often.

It's kind of funny! I expected a rush from wearing the make up like I get from the nail polish or the wig. The first few times she used it on me, it didn't really do much for me. Now that we have used it a few times I want it more as it makes such a difference in my femininity. (Never thought that would be a consideration to do something).

I'm going to start playing with it more in order to learn to apply it without needing Julie's help. If I get some skills with it I will probably use it more often, but not likely in guy mode.

Hug
Rita

Richelle
07-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Yes, I have worn both lipstick and eye make up in male mode. I went for years wearing massacre ever day to the office. Now days it is nail polish on both my fingernail and toenails.

Richelle

linda allen
07-25-2013, 09:12 AM
I wouldn't have thought nail polish counted as "makeup", but if it does, I wear clear polish on my toenails and fingernails. I get pedicures and sometimes manicures at a nail salon with my wife. They always kid me about what color I want, but I always end up with clear.

NicoleScott
07-25-2013, 09:18 AM
The only time I ever did that was way back in my early days of crossdressing, before I learned effective tips about completely removing all traces of lipstick. I used the worst method - harsh soaps and scrubbing. This was not only ineffective in avoiding staining, but left the lips reddened from the effort. It was then when I applied a little foundation or concealer to my lips in an attempt to hide the redness.

nicolecdgal
07-25-2013, 09:45 AM
I just got my eyelashes tinted a very dark brown...gonna work up to black so it isn't so noticeable to the wife. Wish I had done this sooner! I love dark lashes but the mascara would clump sometimes and be noticeable. Only $10...should last for about 3 weeks according to my "brow and lash" girl. Also have my eyebrows shaped with an obvious arch. I'll go out with French polished toes and flip flops every now and then. Legs are always shaved as well. I have also worn some very light makeup, eye shadow and blush. Anyway...that's it I guess.

renee elizabeth
07-25-2013, 11:51 AM
no i don't think i ever would wear makeup in guy mode, if i started i would soon make me want to be totally dressed

carhill2mn
07-25-2013, 12:11 PM
I always use an eyebrow pencil on my eyebrows. I often use a bit of blush on my cheeks and high forehead. I always have
a light-colored polish on my nails.

suchacutie
07-25-2013, 12:45 PM
I have a lot of oil on my eyelids, so by the end of a work day my eyes would burn from the oil that invariably gets into my eyes. A little powder on my eyelids in the morning stops that process.

A while back I needed to take a bit of time away from Tina so I thought I'd work on my mascara technique. I started with clear mascara, then added a bit of brown mascara. I slowly learned that as long as I used brown-washable mascara it didn't clump (and if it did an old completely cleaned mascara wand took out the clumps!) and I had evenly brown eyelashes, even the bottoms! So now I can regularly give my eyelashes a boost with just that touch of brown mascara!

stephNE
07-25-2013, 01:08 PM
It depends on what you mean by "make up".
I never would do the full make up and dress as a guy for the day. However, I use concealer on "spots", a little mascara, clear finger nail polish, and frequently have toenails painted (I know no one see them in my shoes).

Alexis.j
07-25-2013, 02:03 PM
lol, yeah, daily makeup! Bare minimum is eyeliner and mascara... I just feel incomplete without it...

imsandy
07-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Not usually on purpose. Sometimes a touch of mascara... no comments so far. I actually have fairly nice natural eyelashes; yay!

Laura28
07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Only if toe nails being polished counts, i always keep them deep red 24/7

mikiSJ
07-25-2013, 03:13 PM
I wear clear polish on my nails and occasionally a little bit of concealer on an area prone to ingrown facial hairs.

Joanne f
07-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Hello JuliaC,
how are you today, Yes but at my age I think I have to be a bit more careful on how much and what colour it is ,grey eye liner instead of black and no bright coloured eye shadow but I am sure at your age you can get away with a lot more ( lucky you):heehee:
Have a nice day,
JF

Anna Abwaerts
07-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Yep, and when I do I look quite good. It kind of makes me look like I am from some band, like The Cure, Placebo, The Smiths?, The Real Tuesday Weld, Depeche Mode, ...

But I notice I must be having that confident feeling that its OK. Cause when I do makeup, and then expect people to accept me, it doesnt work. First I must be in the mood, then it will roll ;p

I think one SA noticed, sometimes gives curious looks as if wanting to see if I am again with makeup, but I am not.
Also I noticed if I do apply powder, it makes me want to finish it more, add eyeliner, and mascara ;p

linda allen
07-25-2013, 05:38 PM
I just got my eyelashes tinted a very dark brown...gonna work up to black so it isn't so noticeable to the wife. Wish I had done this sooner! I love dark lashes but the mascara would clump sometimes and be noticeable. Only $10...should last for about 3 weeks according to my "brow and lash" girl. Also have my eyebrows shaped with an obvious arch. I'll go out with French polished toes and flip flops every now and then. Legs are always shaved as well. I have also worn some very light makeup, eye shadow and blush. Anyway...that's it I guess.
You're sneaking out to a "brow and lash" girl ? Why would your wife care about you tinting your eyebrows if you're doing all the other things you mentioned?

kimdl93
07-25-2013, 06:24 PM
I tried that approach, but I felt a bit incongruous....I feel like I either need to go full femme or not.

AshleyW
07-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Sometimes I'll do mascara and eyeshadow. (And concealer for blemishes but that doesn't really count). I love presenting half and half; at times I think I might even like it better than going full fem :eek: !

The great thing about being a guy is that you don't have to do that!
And niether, of course, does any woman.

Leona
07-25-2013, 08:02 PM
I haven't intentionally done it yet, but I will, promise. I have had eyeliner and bits of eyeshadow that survived a night's sleep and had numerous people checking me out. My wife in particular couldn't keep her hands off me when she looked at my eyes.

So, yeah, definitely on the todo list, if I ever have the money to go out just for fun again. :)

Becky Adams
07-25-2013, 08:53 PM
Have used Lauren Hutton in the past while in male mode--she aims her makeup kits and approaches to us "older" types (am almost 75) and there are about seven types of makeup--blush, foundation, eye brow, eye liner (just a taad there--easily gives you away), lip gloss, etc--the spot concealer is really my mainstay....

Michelle Charles
07-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Absolutely, I wear a well blended and light eye shadow. A fine coat of mascara and a blush . I don't get to be dressed alot, so I really enjoy wearing my daily makeup to work etc.

donnatracey
07-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Sure! I use an eyebrow pencil to cover up those pesky gray eyebrow hairs. Usually add some mascara and eye shadow (though hard to see wearing glasses) as well as some nude lipstick (in lieu of my normal chapstick). Eyeliner only if I haven't removed properly, which has been known to happen...:heehee: Toe nails often painted too...though not a dark red!

Diane Smith
07-26-2013, 02:38 AM
My toes are always a bright color and my fingernails are long. I had permanent eyeshadow, liner and lip color tattooed on a few years ago, so I am never without those. The lips are pretty subtle, but my eyes clearly look "made up" all the time. I also wear false lashes fairly regularly.

- Diane

Eryn
07-26-2013, 03:15 AM
My nails are always clear-polished, but I don't wear any makeup other than colorless lip gloss, and that only when my lips feel like they need a little moisturizing.

I do try to take care of my skin and use moisturizer on my face which might give it a bit of a sheen.

Geneva Lake
07-26-2013, 06:03 AM
All the time! I love it.

Emma England
07-26-2013, 07:33 AM
I have done so. Have worn foundation with finishing powder, a small amount of blush, eye shadow, mascara.

I personally believe that the purpose of makeup is to enhance your face, regardless of gender.

I guess this is my way of breaking gender boundaries in society. I have never had any complaints so far - even though I can tell guys are looking at my mascara. I doubt if men will say anything because if they do, they might be seen as gay. Not as if they are going to go up to another man in makeup and say "Hey, you look pretty tonight"!

giuseppina
07-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Occasionally painted toenails, even less frequently clear matte finish on my fingernails. Makeup? Never.

Cindy M
07-26-2013, 06:58 PM
I go out in 50/50 mode every weekend that I can't dress fully. I like to wear make-up :)
I went for a pedi today. I wore a pony tail w/ a pink scrunchi, blue eyeliner w/ pink eyeshadow and mascara. I also wore women's sandals and my toes were bright red. I'm different, anyway

Cindy

5150 Girl
07-26-2013, 09:48 PM
my nails are almost always done, and I often have waht has been described to me as my "rock star guy-liner"

Cassandra Lynn
07-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Yup, i'm a total bender.

I tone it way down for being around the family but other than when i'm doing something sweaty like bike riding or heavy lawn work i don't like going without.

I am a bit compulsive about my brows and they get the most stares but luckily my new work is at a place thats fairly liberal. My hoop earrings and well manicured hands (tho easily noticed), get little comment.

I suppose i understand why so many keep themselves separated, but for me 'we' are in this together.

Debglam
07-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Concealer and nude lipstick almost everyday. Because. . .

make up (if it's done appropriately) makes everyone look better! :)

True that!

Amy R Lynn
07-27-2013, 12:48 AM
I keep my toes painted in the colder months, and I have been known to put on a light mascara application. It really helps make my blue eyes POP. I get lots of compliments on how blue my eyes are.