PDA

View Full Version : Going to go shopping at Walmart?

JuliaC
07-26-2013, 07:17 PM
So ive realize I need to accept my crossdressing. Tomorrow I am going to try to go to walmart and buy some female stuff that I swear to myself I won't purge. I want to get a bra pack, a pantie pack, a maxi dress, girls pants, girls top, and some makeup. What this question is really for is any suggestion for makeup I can buy to start using makeup? Brands and Products? XOXO Julia

Princess Grandpa
07-26-2013, 07:30 PM
Have fun!

Hug
Rita

Kandy Barr
07-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Welcome back Julia, glad you came to terms with yourself. Its a wonderful journey when you accept this part of yourself!!! Now, as far as makeup goes that's a hard question to answer w/o knowing your skin tone and how far you want to take it. Good make is expensive no two ways about it. There's cheep makeup but the results will be just that, cheep looking. So with that in mind and short of going to a cosmetics section at a department store in a mall and letting a pro match your skin and make suggestions ( I highly recommend this ), then start with a foundation as close ss you can get to your skin tone. Then find a finishing powder that matches the foundation. Get s eye shadow palette with several shades, an eyeliner and mascara, some lipstick and you'll have the basics to get you started. You'll grow w/ experience and probably spend a fortune in the process. ha ha.... I have a drawer full of makeup, but then I'm an old bird and need all the help I can get! lol You being young will most likely not need much. Just remember it takes time and practice to get good at anything and transforming from male to female is especially so. Don't get discouraged, there's many here who will help you along. When your comfortable I'd like to see some pics to see how your doing. Your welcome to glance at mine on flickr to see what makeup can do for a 61 yr. old. Link is at the bottom. lol. xxx Kandy

Eryn
07-26-2013, 08:18 PM
I note that Cover Girl has a new line of stick foundations that you might want to try. Looks like it might have the coverage we need and stick foundations are hard to find.

stephNE
07-26-2013, 08:37 PM
I highly recommend going to a MAC cosmetics at the mall. They are usually very helpful. They have a great foundation that covers very well. Good luck and tell us how you are doing.

Tracii G
07-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Please post an update when you get back from the shopping trip.
Yeah hard to say on which make up to get.

5150 Girl
07-26-2013, 08:51 PM
I used Cover Girl before I started selling Avon...
In my opinion, Maybline has a funny smell to it, nor is it as :durable as CG...

Vickie_CDTV
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
As for makeup, it really depends on the individual (like asking what kind of car to buy, it depends on the needs and budget of the buyer.) If you have a beard shadow you have to hide, doing your makeup will be more complicated (and costly) than someone with no visible shadow. If you can afford it, going to a place like MAC is the best option for a beginner, where they can help you choose what you need and what works with your skin tone (it will help lower costly trial and error in the long run.) If you plan to go out dressed, or be on a stage, the more expensive makeup (MAC, etc.) generally (generally) has better staying power than less expensive drugstore brands.

giuseppina
07-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Hello Julia

The advice posted above is good.

I don't shop at walmart because I don't agree with their business practices.

Andrea Renea
07-27-2013, 05:49 AM
I use Revlon Colorstay creme foundation. It works the best for me. Available in many shades. Both Walmart or Target carry it, maybe even K-mart. The cost is around $12.

My wife uses Bare Minerials, but it doesn't work for me.

linda allen
07-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Walmart would be fine for your bra and panties and makeup although the suggestion to go to MAC or another makeup counter in a department store is a good one.

For you dresses and other clothing, I suggest Pennys, Kohls, Burlington Coat Factory, or similar stores. Check the sales and clearance racks for bargains.

JuliaC
07-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Hey Girls...the reason why I went to Walmart for all of it was for it to be cheap...there is still a chance i may purge it. But I went today and got: an 8pack fruit-a-loom panties, 2 bra pack, a black skirt, capri length yoga pants, 3 pack of camisoles, foundation, concealer, powder, and mascara. I am a very happy girl!

BLUE ORCHID
07-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Hi Julie, The great thing is that WAL*MART has a great return policy.

Beverley Sims
07-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Tey all knock Walmart, but when it comes to returns......

AmyGaleRT
07-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh, I buy plenty of stuff from Walmart, Julia. In fact, I even bought a couple more of my body shaper garments online from them because they don't seem to have my size anymore in stores.

For makeup, I mostly use L'Oreal ('cause I'm worth it :) ) with some Maybelline products (they're actually made by the same company).

- Amy

ShelbyDawn
07-30-2013, 03:08 AM
I bought my first makeup from a Mary Kay consultant. She was very nice and had no issue with my being CD at all. In fact, I found it much more comfortable to be dressed while she did my makeover.

I highly recommend the experience.

:hugs:

Shelby

jackielou
07-30-2013, 12:17 PM
i have bra shopped at wallmart many times and have always found the woman or young lady in the bra dept very helpful and many times they have selected bras for me to try on and helped me withthe fit ,seeing me and giving me their personal opinion on how it looks on me

Jenny CD
07-30-2013, 12:44 PM
I bought my first makeup from a Mary Kay consultant. She was very nice and had no issue with my being CD at all. In fact, I found it much more comfortable to be dressed while she did my makeover.

Shelby

Always wanted to try a make over.
As for shopping at Wallyworld... I've purchased several skirts, bras, panties, shape wear, shoes, what-ever. As far as make-up, I get make-up for legs, nail-polish, lipstick, mascara, etc... But, for foundation and powder I go to MAC to get as close to my skin color as possible. They are very helpful.

Tina B.
07-30-2013, 01:42 PM
OK, Wally world is usable, the question as I understood it, was about make up, not stores!
My recommendation, if you beard shadow is to dark, is a foundation called LUMII, by L'OREAL, I get good coverage, and it doesn't look heavy, and caked on.
You can get it at just about any drug store, cost is reasonable, and with a sponge it's easy to apply.

Jenny CD
07-30-2013, 02:06 PM
My recommendation, if you beard shadow is to dark, is a foundation called LUMII, by L'OREAL, I get good coverage, and it doesn't look heavy, and caked on.

Question Tina... My beard growth isn't too heavy, but after a couple of hours you can definitely see some growth. Does LUMII help in that regard?