PDA

View Full Version : Do I really want too Pass as GG

MysticLady
07-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Hello All, Me again. This time I won't cause any trouble, I promise:heehee:. I was pondering this thought. Some of us try real hard at passing as a GG for whatever reasons we have. As a I've looked at some of my pictures and some pictures of members, I feel that there is a mystic and mysterious( hey, my signature:heehee:) look about a man dressed as a woman does but still having the characteristics of his natural face or build. I believe this is very interesting to many, both GG's and GM's. I feel when I'm read, based on the couple of times I've been out, folks(other than the idiots that are Neanderthal in there thoughts and comments) look at me with much curiosity. Like their brains can't compute what they see. So, we become very interesting too them. I feel like they really want to talk with someone like me but are scared because of what others will think of them(peer pressure). A pretty face w/ a beard shadow offers something different to the eye. A full beard may be too much but, everybody is different. Anyway, what you think? Maybe, this may be a way to alleviate many folks that are just not happy unless they look total fem out and about.

suchacutie
07-27-2013, 07:45 AM
For me, Tina being herself is important to her. It's really not about the perception of others in the first instance. It certainly reinforces the internal perception to be treated as a GG but if there is a reason to pass, that's it. She really isn't driven by the interest of others, at least we don't think so at the moment.

MysticLady
07-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Hi Tina, I'm glad too hear that you are you own person and not based on what others may think of you. I noticed that when dealing w/ men(paying at a ticket window or some other up close face transaction) they clearly know I'm a man but, have noticed that they speak too me in a way that you would speak to a GG. I don't disguise my voice when talking too someone so that's a dead giveaway. Some women though, not all, look at me more surprised and sometimes chuckle. The difference that I receive from both is very interesting.

Raychel
07-27-2013, 08:08 AM
For me a true happy life would be were I could go out in the world dressed how I like.
All the nice women's clothes, but no makeup or wig, For me it is more about comfort and
preference, I have no desire to pass, But I would like to be accepted for who I am

I truly doubt that I will ever actually go out in the real world dressed as I please. :sad:

Nikki A.
07-27-2013, 08:14 AM
I try to pass but I know I don't really. Yes we are looked at differently in that there are so few of us out and about, that is the curiosity factor. I also get the same feeling that mostly men speak to us as if we are women, but there may be two reasons: 1) they may not be positive we aren't and don't want to offend us or 2) they are being polite, present as a woman and be treated as such.
Women I think are a little different. They read us better, they usually know we aren't women. For them they appreciate the effort we put in to look the way we do, they also like to compare themselves with how we look. Also they are more open in asking why we do what we do and other conversations.
Of course there are men and women that think we're freaks and are want nothing to do with us. They saam to be in the minority and I don't even bother with them.

Chari
07-27-2013, 08:50 AM
We are all individuals, all having both female and male traits - but some males having more femininity than others. Who ever we are, what ever we choose to wear or hope to present as, it is IMO that we as the individual must always be comfortable and confident in for that moment. Sadly most of society does not recognize and respect equality of clothing, makeup, hairstyles, actions, & attitude for both genders. Perhaps this is a reason why many of us remain "indoors" to avoid the public insults and humiliation.

I Am Paula
07-27-2013, 08:57 AM
I don't pass any deep scrutiny, and I don't care. I'm very feminine, have the acceptance of those around me, and don't scare the horses, or children. Starting serious transition at 55, I can't realistically hope to be mistaken for a popular movie star. I can however, exude confidence, be friendly and polite, and carry on as if I have always belonged there. In my small town, my being trans is no secret, so I try to portray a positive image for all of us.

Lynn Marie
07-27-2013, 09:33 AM
I actually do care about what my friends and acquaintances think about my appearance. I listen to their advice and make improvements where I can. Last May I got to sit in on a terrific class on passing taught by a master. She really enlightened me on so much of what it really took to "pass". I learned a lot, try to incorporate what I can, and maintain those characteristics that I personally especially like that may not contribute to my "passing". It's the best I can do. At 6'6" in heels, I attract attention! Normally it's good attention and I get to make friends. People I meet are very often fascinated with me, especially women! Being a CD is just so much fun.

Kate Simmons
07-27-2013, 09:40 AM
I think that many folks may appreciate the fact that we have the guts to do what we do. It's rare to find a person who lives outside of the "box" and is just their own person. In any case I do what I do to please myself, not others.:)

kimdl93
07-27-2013, 10:19 AM
Incongruity in gender appearance certainly can elicit curious looks. I do my very best to minimize the incongruity of my appearance but I've grown to,accept that for the reasonable discerning observer, those masculine features will be apparent. I don't see a value in this, but I live with it.

Jenniferathome
07-27-2013, 10:25 AM
... I feel when I'm read, ...look at me with much curiosity. Like their brains can't compute what they see. So, we become very interesting too them. I feel like they really want to talk with someone like me but are scared because of what others will think of them(peer pressure). ....

I don't agree. Strangers don't want to talk to strangers unless there is some terribly obvious reason to do so: sitting at a communal dining table, seeing some sports team jersey on the other that you also follow, that kind of thing. Strangers want to move on with their life.

Now, WHEN I have engaged any "normal" while I was dressed, no one shied away and everyone seemed to get past it quickly.

Rogina B
07-27-2013, 10:38 AM
When"read" as a "T something",more people than not probably find it interesting,as you are a rarity in many places.No one really knows what is in your panties[unless you tell them lol],so most people will treat you as a feminine being. Some woman appreciate the fact that you are "on their side",so they tend to be the ones that want the question and answer session,if there is an opportunity for that. I had an interesting one just last night,in fact. The older lady said that she had never seen a "T person" in real life to talk to"...lol So,we had the talk! Another convert gets added to our list!

Leah Lynn
07-27-2013, 09:09 PM
I know that I don't pass, but I still go out. I usually dress to blend, unless it's a GNO, then I'll dress up. Except last Sat. night; too damned hot for waist cincher, hose, etc. Anyway, I still apply my makeup and try to look like a composite woman. I've seen a few GG's that by comparison, yeah, I'm the cute one (we've all seen the "People of Walmart" videos!). Then again, many make me look like a train wreck! I don't care. I'm out for my enjoyment, not to audition for a shot at being a VS Angel. If anyone has a problem with me in public, it's their problem, they have to deal with it.

Victoria, come on up to Des Moines, you would fit in with our gang!

Leah

Leona
07-27-2013, 09:19 PM
I don't care about passing. I want to be seen as sexually and romantically attractive by the same people who see GGs that way. I would love it if TG admirers were attracted to me, and I *do* love it when heterosexual GGs are attracted to me.

I have no intention of acting on any of this theoretical attraction, I just want it.

Thinking about it, I don't think I'm being an attention junkie. I think that that is a valid measure of my presentation, and I know damned well a lot of GGs have exactly the same goal.

So in that respect, I'm acting just like a GG.

As for being mistaken as a GG, I don't really care. I'd rather not have it be a mistake, more like a stereotype. "Hey, you're really attractive to me" based on "I'm attracted to women, therefore you must be a woman" is preferable to "You tricked me into thinking you're a woman". I'd rather have signs that I'm a GM and still be found attractive by those who are attracted to GGs. Does that make sense?

In the end, I want to be accepted as who I am and given the appropriate level of respect for it. I already claim the dignity, which is mine to claim, insofar as I go out mixdressed already. An important part of that acceptance is being someone that someone else finds attractive. So I love busting GGs checking me out in a skirt, where some are curious, and some are strongly attracted, and I'd like to bust a heterosexual GM for it too and smile at him and we both know what just happened and we're happy about it, and then we go our separate ways.

MysticLady
07-27-2013, 09:34 PM
I don't agree. Strangers don't want to talk to strangers unless there is some terribly obvious reason to do so: sitting at a communal dining table, seeing some sports team jersey on the other that you also follow, that kind of thing. Strangers want to move on with their life.

Now, WHEN I have engaged any "normal" while I was dressed, no one shied away and everyone seemed to get past it quickly.

Jennifer, you really need too get out some. You seem kinda sour at times. Forgive me if I'm wrong. Are there any people in Idaho?(just kidding) I truly appreciate you being here. I think the GG's really like you:heehee:.

When I've out en femme, I just smile at everybody and no body's punched me yet. I enjoy watching people's reactions to me.

Kandy Barr
07-27-2013, 10:06 PM
I try to do the best I can to not embarrass myself or those around me, but at just over 6' in flats I stand out in any crowd especially since I love my heels. Ha ha, silly me! Anyway,my makeup is carefully applied, my clothes are well thought out, and I'm finally comfortable in my own skin. I like my fem self and I like doing regular everyday things dressed as such and I just can't be comfortable doing that if I'm worried about what others think or what they see me as. I believe for the most part others see what you portray, if your worried about being "made" or if your really uncomfortable then that's what o/p see and are more prone to be standoffish or poke fun or god forbid laugh. On the other hand if I'm relaxed, comfortable and having a good time o/p are more likely to accept me and want to be around me. It really has everything to do with my attitude as to how I'm accepted, and that to me is what's important.!!! I pass for what I am, not for what I'm not. xxx kandy

MysticLady
07-27-2013, 10:36 PM
It really has everything to do with my attitude as to how I'm accepted, and that to me is what's important.!!! I pass for what I am, not for what I'm not. xxx kandy

I like your thinking, Girlie. :thumbsup:

ErinSassyPants
07-27-2013, 11:06 PM
This isn't exactly what this post was asking about or discussing but I wanted to mention for those who don't pass or have no interest in passing that some of us prefer that. I'm not attracted to someone who is passing as a female because I'm not attracted to females but I am attracted to men who are obviously male with female clothing or make up. My husband and Eddie Izzard are my two favorite men in the world for sexiness.

So from one GG to those of you who don't pass, or have no interest in passing know that someone out there thinks it can be attractive.

MysticLady
07-27-2013, 11:17 PM
So from one GG to those of you who don't pass, or have no interest in passing know that someone out there thinks it can be attractive.

I knew I liked you for some reason or another, Maybe you need to start a club of GG's on the outside and bring them here.:heehee: . That way, if my wife does decide to split, at least I won't have any trouble finding a GG that won't give me a hard time regarding this. But, I'm sure there will be other issues which "I" can sort out ,later:heehee:

Just an Add. Please feel free too post whatever you like too talk about on any of my threads. I have no issues w/ You doing that.:D

Princess Chantal
07-27-2013, 11:50 PM
I couldn't give 2 poopies about passing as a gg any more. All that I care about is enjoying my crossdressing session to the fullest. When I had my mind set on passing, I just wasn't really enjoying the time. Seemed like my dressing sessions were to please others and not me. Wearing clothes that I didn't have an appreciation for, not wearing items that I had a deep passion for because "gg's don't wear them", public outtings turned to stressing about the "passing test", and the pictures looked so darn boring

Jenniferathome
07-28-2013, 12:03 AM
.... I truly appreciate you being here.

I can't begin to tell you how much that means to me. I wish there was a font for dripping sarcasm.

MysticLady
07-28-2013, 12:05 AM
I wish there was a font for dripping sarcasm.

Where's Karen when we need her. That girl is like the cops, never around when you need them:doh::heehee:

lingerieLiz
07-28-2013, 12:42 AM
I don't pass and seldom go out in total fem. I wear women's clothes no skirts or dresses most of the time. Wear a bra without forms most days. People see what I have on and act oblivious to it, some are. Anyway I enjoy being myself and am the same person even in drab. Friends don't even seem to care.

GBJoker
07-28-2013, 02:10 AM
I absolutely HAVE to pass as much as possible for being a GG. This is part of the reason that I've never dressed when/where any one could possibly see me. Not even my invisible stalkers. Even the idea of my Adam's Apple showing is too much for me to handle.

Ellie52
07-28-2013, 03:06 AM
Mystic lady
I am hoping to have my first outing next Monday and I am very concerned as I would be upset to find people laughing at me. I tried an experiment today in the shops, looking to see how much people actually look at others around them. 90% of people are so absorbed in their own 'here and now' that it would take something fairly dramatic for them to notice. In coffee shops and lunch bars is slightly different as people tend to look around them more to see who is in the vicinity (predator response?). In the actual shops (except the lines for the tills) almost everyone was self absorbed. There was one young lady who looked right at me a smiled, and I dont know why (im certainly not attractive to 20yr old girls) did she see something in me? - I was dressed in male mode so i cant see what caused her to smile at me. If this had happened whilst dresses en femme I would have had a heart attack as the last thing I want is anybody looking me straight in the eye.
So to answer the question - To pass (as we all want to do) as a GG we need to take account of our environment, dress accordingly and hold your head up high. I only saw a handful of GG's actually wearing skirts, so to pass today I would have needed to be wearing jeans, a t shirt and flats. (Funny that's what I was wearing). Be confident with the outfit and accessories including wig as if you are uncomfortable with anything people will automatically know something is wrong.
I hope I can take all this with me next week on my trip out as I am scared stiff.......Ellie, shaking in her panties thinking about it.

Claire Cook
07-28-2013, 06:35 AM

I find the same thing.

There is a wonderful quote from Lacey Leigh's book Out and About: "When others recognize you as a man in a dress and they still treat you with respect and courtesy, it means one thing: they pass!" :battingeyelashes:

noeleena
07-28-2013, 06:54 AM
Hi,

Trying to be like or being are two entierly different details so its about passing okay for some its importaint , why they being male dont wont to be seen as male because that will blow thier cover, & will be found out, trying to trick or fool others seems to me to be the game being played or played out . yet some blow thier cover as soon as they talk.

Okay thats for the trying to be like = a woman. just to add to that i do think those who do who are very convincing do a lovely work of art well very good in fact.

Those of us who dont pass or even look like a woman not convincing or pass dont look lovely is very divided between those who dress & maybe dont interact because they dont pass & those of us who are female dont pass have a life get on with it live it accept it & interact with others every day of thier/ our life dont have any other oppition we just have to any way ,

yes looked at wondered about not understood & maybe thought of as retarded, or other. or weird proberly correct for myself,
we cant change who we are or our looks,
To Erin

Now some one said ...attractive ...even if one can not pass. oh you are refering to men being dressed , well i think thats what you mean, heres the dilemer, im not attractive not a male yet have a masculine look about my facial features, dont look female, yet i am, born wrong, i dought one in a 100 millon would say im attractive, in any way shape or form. no beauty here .

Okay im putting the boot in here, oh dear, i dont see any beauty in my self okay, nore could i accept it, iv had 55 out of allmost 66 years to know that, hated how i looked then & nothing changed since then.dont like how i look now, yet i can see beauty in others ,or a beauty about that person wether in looks or comeing from the person or something about that person .

No wonder i struggle with clothes what i wear , as iv said a woman can wear the clothes & bring them to life, some just wear the clothes, i wear the clothes & thats all. oh well .....

...noeleena...

happyallie
07-28-2013, 07:44 AM
It is only recently that I have taken this seriously. I have put a lot effort into my looks. The presentation is important. Yet it doesn't matter to me how much I spend or how much I try to look good. If I don't "feel" I am passable, I never will be. Most of it is between the ears.

Stevie
07-28-2013, 07:59 AM
If I knew that I can completely pass would be awesome but I have certain male characteristics that stand out. I get confused just but I know that this makes me comfortable and willing to take the risk dressing even knowing how much it can turn my life upside down if it got out. I realized the hardest part is not being able to share my feelings like you other girls can.

TeresaCD
07-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Hello Victoria. I always like your questions.
I want to look as good as I can.
To get the girl in the mirror looking as good as she is in my head, or close anyhow.
Pass, not pass - no matter.
So long as I don't bring offense to womanhood
So many things trigger people's perception that something is up - how we walk/stand/talk
How wide our hips are in proportion to our shoulders.
Confidence is still, I think the best part of it.
And, being comfortable in our presentation, at ease with ourselves, who cares?

BLUE ORCHID
07-29-2013, 06:46 AM
Hi Victoria, When I dress I want to look as much as a GG as I can it's all or nothing.

MysticLady
07-29-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi All.

I appreciate all your responses. What I feel as of lately, is that even though I thoroughly enjoy donning the attire as a woman does, I still want "my" real person to exist. I don't want too hide it, I just want to (amplify it?) or whatever you may call it. I am "me" whether wearing a beautiful dress and heels or wearing drab. Clothing is just a cover. "Me" isn't. I'm real and the clothing is not. I think that looking beyond the clothing into the heart of someone is a "gift" that many don't have. Those poor folks feel that the exterior makes a person. Because of that reason, many will sacrifice people in their lives that would have been a Godsend too them in helping them "be all they can be". But, alas, Many choose to play the "I'll go w/ the pack" mentality because of fear or embarrassment.

Beverley Sims
07-29-2013, 10:20 AM
I have two advantages, light skin and fair beard cover, no adams apple and good cleavage.
The voice can let me down.
I passed as a GG years ago. Not now though.

robindee36
07-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Hey Ms Mystic. Sure I will never 'pass' as a GG, not even a homely one. But if this hung me up, it would be back to the purges again and that just ain't happening.

So, having given up on passing as a GG, my objective has become passing as a CD (perhaps even a bit cute ;) Short of HRT, SRS, FFS and a whole lot of $$$, passing is not in the realm of the doable and I recognize that. But give up working on being the best Robin I can, just not going to happen.

As to the reactions of others, I don't pay them much attention as a guy, certainly not going to change that enfemme. The Neanderthal that wants to get 'in your face' physical about it needs to remember heels just add another tool to the self defense arsenal.

Be all you can be, as a CD.

Hugs, Robin

Zylia
07-29-2013, 05:40 PM
I have given this whole passing/dressing thing some thought before, and to me it seems that 'passing' isn't necessarily everyone's endgame at all. There's a whole range of personal goals you can pick as a cross-dresser, from simply wearing some clothes right up until fully transitioning. It probably is something you grow into until you've reached a point you're comfortable with. I mean, how many people we consider 'cross-dressers' actually only 'underdress' or do this 50/50 thing and are perfectly happy with it? Everybody here can set their own goal, and I do think that yours sounds really compelling and something worth considering.

Jorja
07-29-2013, 06:52 PM
I try to not look like anyone else except me. Some days that is hard to do. Worry less about passing and more about just being yourself.

Rogina B
07-29-2013, 07:33 PM
My sentiments,exactly! And,I enjoy my celebrity status! Everyone always remembers me! And it is all good as any onlookers soon realize that I am accepted as a friend by the same person that they want to be accepted by,so the effect multiplies.All good!
I find the same thing.

There is a wonderful quote from Lacey Leigh's book Out and About: "When others recognize you as a man in a dress and they still treat you with respect and courtesy, it means one thing: they pass!" :battingeyelashes:

Rogina B
07-29-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi Victoria, When I dress I want to look as much as a GG as I can it's all or nothing.

Well,that isn't the same as passing close quarters muster as a GG !I am out all the time and can name any number of observant people that I have a "upfront,in your face ,personal encounter with all the time"..Many people could never be fooled,however they have the decency and manners to enjoy the effort I make to look good. So.."they pass"!!

MysticLady
07-29-2013, 09:42 PM
Hi All

Now, these observations of mine have been in the evening going to and from some clubs. I would like to experience this during the day at maybe the mall. I would just like too sit at one those chairs they have throughout the place and just watch people go by. I believe Linda had a thread about this. Then I'll window shop, have lunch and then a movie. It's sounds like it would a wonderful experience. During the week I believe would be Best. There's a wonderful Mall in downtown SA and they even have the IMAX there. I can do the Riverwalk( I won't be wearing spikes though, that's for sure:heehee:) and see The Alamo................YAY. :D

Amanda22
07-29-2013, 09:52 PM
I couldn't give 2 poopies about passing as a gg any more. All that I care about is enjoying my crossdressing session to the fullest. When I had my mind set on passing, I just wasn't really enjoying the time. Seemed like my dressing sessions were to please others and not me. Wearing clothes that I didn't have an appreciation for, not wearing items that I had a deep passion for because "gg's don't wear them", public outtings turned to stressing about the "passing test", and the pictures looked so darn boring

I love this perspective! When I'm not obsessed about passing and even tell myself it's OK if I don't fool anyone, I have the best time. I think there's something to that approach.

Hi All.

I appreciate all your responses. What I feel as of lately, is that even though I thoroughly enjoy donning the attire as a woman does, I still want "my" real person to exist. I don't want too hide it, I just want to (amplify it?) or whatever you may call it. I am "me" whether wearing a beautiful dress and heels or wearing drab. Clothing is just a cover. "Me" isn't. I'm real and the clothing is not. I think that looking beyond the clothing into the heart of someone is a "gift" that many don't have. Those poor folks feel that the exterior makes a person. Because of that reason, many will sacrifice people in their lives that would have been a Godsend too them in helping them "be all they can be". But, alas, Many choose to play the "I'll go w/ the pack" mentality because of fear or embarrassment.

I like your viewpoint you describe here, Mystic. Like you, I want my personality to shine through regardless of my clothing. Thanks for a very thought-provoking thread.

MysticLady
07-29-2013, 10:03 PM
You're very welcomed Amanda. But these are just my feelings that's all, nothing special.

Ellie52
07-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Hi All

Now, these observations of mine have been in the evening going to and from some clubs. I would like to experience this during the day at maybe the mall. I would just like too sit at one those chairs they have throughout the place and just watch people go by. I believe Linda had a thread about this. Then I'll window shop, have lunch and then a movie. It's sounds like it would a wonderful experience. During the week I believe would be Best. There's a wonderful Mall in downtown SA and they even have the IMAX there. I can do the Riverwalk( I won't be wearing spikes though, that's for sure:heehee:) and see The Alamo................YAY. :D
Mystic lady - I did this yesterday. Exactly (apart from the movie). I sat in a coffee shop and watched people go by. I was petrified until I found no one was paying attention to me. I walked around the mall and went in to a few shops. I got some glances but I was wearing a bright pink suit so it could have been that. It was great fun, apart from the guy who mentally undressed me (I see why women hate that look). (this was upsetting to me as it wasn't, "look a guy in drag"- there were 3 guys and this one guy looked from my face to my legs and lingered on my boobs. There wernt any sniggers or nasty comments just the look - it was horrible)..Altogether though very enjoyable, but wont do it again..Ellie

Tracii G
07-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Joker I saw 3 women today that had adams apples so get out there you big chicken!!!

MysticLady
07-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Mystic lady - I did this yesterday. Exactly (apart from the movie). I sat in a coffee shop and watched people go by.

Hi Ellie, I'm glad(aside from the 3 guys) that you had a good time. Who knows, maybe the 3 guys were admiring you for whatever reason. Could have been that you were attractive too look at or, just having the balls to do what you did. Anyway, kiddo, you know what enough and that's great. I'm glad you did it. Once I do mine venture, I'll share my experience. Thank You for sharing yours.:hugs:

weyburn
07-30-2013, 02:12 AM
I truly and really would like to pass but body shape etc.indicates it will not happen.i do believe if I was 25-30 years younger I would transform.I have been wearing breast forms for some time now and I am going to be in contact with a Doctor in Colorado to have implants and that is all.

Courtneigh
07-30-2013, 03:40 AM
Society is a "b!tc&" !!!

The "pack" and the "nehanderthals" have allways and will allways be around I guess.
Why people can't just let "people be" ? Maybe sometime things will change, perceptions and mindset as the world becomes more advanced
and less "conservative" ?

South African men and a great percentage of woman too...have been brought up very conservatively and "christian-minded" - You be from thr "devil", you are a
"freak" or some kind of mental condition if you are made...you might even get into a fist fight, chances are good....

In my own personal case - I believe that I was born in the wrong body or a part of it anyway. So I want to Pass !

I want to be out as a Girl, nothing more nothing less.
Unfortunately I am not like most "real girls", in that I am attrated to men as they are. I am Lesbian or otherwise attracted to TG-Girls.

I don't want or need any confrontation and welcome all Woman to have a chat with and I would speak with guys too as long as they could/would respect me for me,
just as I respect others for who/what they are.

So Yes, I want to Pass ! Most I believe dress to be Femme...others dress because the like the feel of woman's clothing etc. Each to his/her own.

Luckily I am only 5'7" barefoot and smallish biult 61.5kg (135 pounds) not to masculine but still.

At the end of the day each must do it for their own reasons and be comfotable with it and have fun...

Life is for Living !!!

MysticLady
08-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Life is for Living !!!

I totally Agree. You go and Be Yourself. Keep your Guard up for the freaks. If you have too bust them up, then do it, if need be. In my experience, if they see your confident, they'll leave you alone.

GeorgeA
09-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Thank you Erin,
As a man who has absolutely no desire of passing or even vaguely resembling a woman it's nice to know that there are some women who could accept "a guy in skirt".

BeckyAnderson
09-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Not really. All I want to do is to be myself. Yes, I love going out when dressed and I have always interacted with anyone who wants to strike up a conversation. I make absolutely no attempt to disguise my voice and it is obvious that I am a guy dressed as a woman. The interesting thing that I have found in all the times I have been out is that, for the most part, people want to talk with me. I guess it's a bit of curiosity or perhaps they know others who enjoy our passion or maybe they are just trying to find some answers. In any case, those who don't stop and talk have about the same reaction as they would when looking at some to who has an overly obvious tattoo, etc. Hugs, Becky

MysticLady
09-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Well, when I see a man "as a woman dresses", his masculine features are an added beauty enhancement. Just like a mole on Marilyn Monroe's face. A slight beard shadow through makeup could be seen as that, a beauty mark. A confident man walking is, a confident man walking, no matter how he's dressed. That confidence, believe it or not, is a beauty mark that many seek in someone, man or woman.

Candice Mae
09-24-2013, 02:51 PM
If you don't pass prepare for some negative interactions with the public, if you do pass prepare for uncomfortable advances from men.

MysticLady
10-04-2013, 01:23 PM

What ever happened to Erin?

I couldn't give 2 poopies about passing as a gg any more.

:heehee:...........How bout, one poopie?

If you don't pass prepare for some negative interactions with the public, if you do pass prepare for uncomfortable advances from men.

Negative remarks from negative people. These are the folks that ruin our world.
As far as men goes, I speak as one, I'm always "hungry". Just a fact of Life.

Hi All

Regarding passing as a GG. What exactly are, a GG's looks. In my lifetime, I've known a gabillon GG's, from Mom to sister to neighbors to girlfriends to tv stars to car mechanics. They are all GG's yet, they present differently. I have never decided that they weren't a GG because of their presentation. If your goal is too pass as a GG, then I believe that is not an issue for anyone. The issue of not passing would lie in your own mind regarding passing. How confident are you? Anyway, I just wanted too touch base on this, again since there are many that are not happy unless they look like the skinny, sickly models that sell us stuff. I guarantee that they're not even happy with their looks and are always looking for way to become even more beautiful. I believe that, if not content with what you have now, then, you will never be content with what you think you want.

Just another thought I wanted too share. :straightface:

suchacutie
10-04-2013, 01:58 PM
I replied to this thread very early, so after all this prose I thought I'd mention a few other things. Once we get past the point where we make our presentation at least ambiguous by smothering as many male "cues" as possible and bringing out as many female "cues" as possible, the rest (and, in my thinking the most important part) is how we act (including voice).

I can't tell you how many times my wife has said, "women don't act that way!", and then proceeds to tell me why what I'd just done is clearly something a guy would do, even if dressed to the nines as Tina. The details are amazing and go on seemingly forever. From the classic, "I don't want to solve that problem, I just want to talk about it", to "you have to learn how to chit-chat", to "you don't giggle well enough", it all comes down to actions, how we use language, and how the world expects the average women to respond to any situation.

If we'd spend 20 years growing up as girls it would be no problem, but those of us who do this part-time won't have that kind of experience for a number of years without getting out there and doing it, regardless of the lumps we might take in the process.

Candice Mae
10-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Negative remarks from negative people. These are the folks that ruin our world.
As far as men goes, I speak as one, I'm always "hungry". Just a fact of Life.

Until you experience it your self unwanted attention is really uncomfortable... I get hit on or have some creep that won't stop staring at me the majority of times I go out

Caitlin_85
10-04-2013, 04:45 PM
I want nothing else than to be/pass as a GG. But I know that's just not going to happen. So while it's extremely important to me...I don't kid myself into thinking that I'm something that I unfortunately am not. It's so frustrating...but I will continue to enjoy doing what I can to make myself as feminine as possible.

ryenmatt
10-04-2013, 05:22 PM
I have said this before and I will say it again. Clothes are just Clothes nothing more. Just pieces of fabric to hide our nudity and to keep us warm. The reason I see it this way is cause I look at it from a survivalist perspective. For example: You are outside freezing to death and you suddenly come across some articles of "women's" clothing such as a skirt, leggings, spaghetti strap top. Now are you going to worry about OMG those are women's clothes I can't wear those I am a guy. Or are you going to say Freak It I don't care I am cold and put them on to stay warm and survive? As for society goes your damned if you do damned if you don't. There will always be someone who doesn't like something about you. So you just as well be yourself and do your thing and freak everyone else. As some of you already know I have absolutely no problem going out in public in women's clothing but still look like a guy. I prefer not to wear a wig and makeup cause it feels like I am hiding behind something and not being me. How else are we suppose to be accepted if we only go outside full fem and look like gg's. It has been my experience and alot of others experience that in reality people really don't give a shit. The problem is within. You just have to put on your big girl panties and live life and quit making excuses as to why you can't do this or that. There are no laws in the United States that says guys can't wear women's clothes in public. You will not get arrested for wearing a skirt in public I know I do it all the time. As far as dirty looks and giggling and comments hell I get those when I am wearing my "guy"clothes as well. I will be out cycling in my spandex and stop at wal-mart for something and people will giggle and look cause spandex doesn't leave anything to the imagination. So in closing :) :) cause this is turning into an essay lol lol LIVE LIFE AND PROSPER!!!!!

Allison Quinn
10-04-2013, 05:39 PM
I'd rather enjoy that :)
It's my goal u.u
Well not entirely. I just worry about looking freakish when I go out u.u I don't want to be obvious and of course I'd like to pass 100%. But if I can even get an androgynous look down to where i'm not greeted with sir everywhere I go I think I'd be happy :P
I just want to look and feel normal moreso o3o if passing as a GG is what it takes then yes it's what i'd like someday :o

like Candice said, the negative interactions from the public scare me. I don't want to deal with that so much o.e If I get approached by creepers though, I guess that's a somewhat normal occurrence? I think I could deal with that better.

Cassandra Lynn
10-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Let me be frank (ba doom cha........err sorry), if i became filthy rich tomorrow, i'd be in Bangkok by the next day (and trust me folks, don't believe all that third world b.s., they do have some of the best plastic surgeons on this orb).

I'm only talking about the neck up too, so yeah, i want to be better looking. But pass?
I've been around numerous forums and the whole 'passing' threads thingy has left me blinky eyed.

Caitlin_85
10-04-2013, 09:21 PM
But if I can even get an androgynous look down to where i'm not greeted with sir everywhere I go I think I'd be happy

You know that's something that I noticed seem to bother me the other day...I mean I was dressed in my normal guy clothes...but just someone addressing me automatically as "sir" rubbed me the wrong way. Just felt like they were calling me the wrong name or something.