PDA

View Full Version : An interesting encounter today

Jodi
07-27-2013, 07:17 PM
I was in a city about an hour away from where I live and decided to brose through the local mall. I stopped into a winery shop to look around and sample the wines. The young lady working there came up to me and said "you look familiar, Is your name (my male name)?" I smiled and replied yes. She stated that she was Eryn and used to work at BCBG, my favorite store, in my favorite outlet mall. I immediately recognized her. We began to catch up on what we have been doing. I mentioned something about Cara, who had been the store manager at BCBG about 4-5 years ago. Cara and I had formed a special bond. Eryn laughed and said that Cara now worked at Zales Jewelry just up the hall in the same mall. She walked me to the front of the store and pointed to Cara.

I proceeded through the mall to Zales, walked in and smiled at Cara. It took her a second then she went bonkers, and gave me a big hug. We spent the next hour getting caught up.

What a great afternoon to reacquaint with a couple of my favorite SA's from my favorite women's clothing store.

Now I know where to go to take some great ladies out to lunch.

Jodi

Leah Lynn
07-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Jodi, that's a very neat story. Always good to reconnect with special people!

Leah

Debra Russell
07-27-2013, 10:10 PM
too cool--great expierence , looks like you made some good friends........................Debra

ArleneRaquel
07-27-2013, 10:12 PM
A fabulous experience, thank you for sharing.

kimdl93
07-28-2013, 07:53 AM
That's really a nice experience. And what a coincidence that these two SAs both ended in the same mall!

Raychel
07-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Now that is an awesome trip to the mall, Thanks for sharing it with us.

SherriePall
07-28-2013, 08:10 AM
That's really great to meet someone again. I have only had that happen once as a cosmetics store SA left it and moved on. I missed seeing her until one day several years later I was walking through the counters at Macy's across the road from where she worked. I was drab, but we hugged and talked for a while as we used to. Unfortunately, she has moved on again and so has the SA she introduced me to (and we became good friends). I keep browsing the different beauty product counters, hoping to see one or the other or both. It is really great to have a relationship like that. I am so happy for you.

linda allen
07-28-2013, 11:55 AM
That's a great story but you left out a couple details. Were you shopping as a female when you met the SA or a male? Did they know you as a female or male (or both) at their former stores?

Tracii G
07-28-2013, 12:06 PM
How nice.
Its great to run into SA's that know you and accept you.

Jodi
07-28-2013, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=linda allen;3249931]That's a great story but you left out a couple details. Were you shopping as a female when you met the SA or a male? Did they know you as a female or male (or both) at their former stores?[/QUOTE

Hi Linda, I was shopping as a male. They had seen me in both modes.

Jodi

Beverley Sims
07-30-2013, 05:15 AM
Sometimes letting your past catch up with you is good.
I have a couple of long standing associates in a similar vein.