PDA

View Full Version : GF knows about cd but nervous about it still

shawna0289
07-28-2013, 01:04 AM
So I have been crossdressing for as long as I could remember when I started to date my gf I told her about it and she is ok with it but I still get extremely nervous and embarrassed about it. Any advice that would help in calming my nerves and help me get over my embarrassment?

MysticLady
07-28-2013, 01:14 AM
Hi Shawna, tell your girlfriend that this is something you do when alone and in private. Call it "alone time". Trust me, It'll come in handy when you tell her to leave you alone for a while. Solitude is Golden.

ErinSassyPants
07-28-2013, 01:46 AM
No one will be surprised that I disagree with Victoria :)

My suggestion is to demystify it. Talk to her about it, share it with her as much as she is comfortable and consider inviting her here and the other wives and gfs will become a community she can ask anything too.

My husband told me when we started to date and I was more nervous about it then I thought it would be. But the more it's just normal the less there is to be nervous about.

stephNE
07-28-2013, 05:51 AM
Hi Shawna, treat it like no big deal. Try not to bring up your dressing, but when she does be open, relaxed and answer her questions. Don't push too hard and hopefully she will eventually accept it as being normal.

Kelley
07-28-2013, 06:40 AM
It just takes a little time to get over the the old feeling that your doing something wrong. You had a life time to develop those feeling so just dress and try to relax you will get there.

Kelley

kimdl93
07-28-2013, 06:56 AM
What part are you nervous about? Is it simply difficult to talk about,or do you find it hard to dress in her presence? Now that she know, what's the issue?

Jenniferathome
07-28-2013, 09:44 AM
The solution is painfully simple: talk to her. She has questions too. " Babe, can we talk about my need to cross dress?" Would be a great opening line

Nyla F
07-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi Shawna. My suggestion is to talk to her about your feelings of embarrassment. Hopefully she can give you some reassurance (if she is the touchy feely type) or maybe she can suggest ways to put you more at ease (if she is the problem solving tyoe). Also give her a chance to express her feelings (and you can respond in a way that acknowledges her feelings).

The point I'm trying to make is that a conversation about feelings is something that can really bring you closer, and you won't worry about what she thinks because you will have already talked about it.

Of course I don't know your gf, if she doesn't like talking about feelings, see above posts.

Beverley Sims
07-30-2013, 05:34 AM
Shawna,
the longer you live with it the easier it will get.
Just get on with it.

Tina B.
07-31-2013, 09:50 AM
If she isn't pressing for talk, don't rush into anything. But do start doing things like mentioning a cute outfit, a sad movie, ask about makeup, show an interest in things feminine, when she asked something try to be as honest as you know the answer to be, I think she will ask what she wants to know, and moving slow as a snail gives you time to get comfortable talking to her about this, and it gives her time to accept this as she sees it emerge from the shadows of your personality.
I remember the talk, even as long a go as 40 years, scariest thing I ever had to do, and I've been in a few scary situations in life. But telling the women you love. your not prince Charming, but feel more like Cinderella, you never know where it will wind up. But if you get up the nerve, to talk, and if she is open to listen, if she can't accept this side of you, it makes life for a CD just about as good as you can hope it to be. I hope you can cowgirl up, and talk to her, it could be the best thing you ever do.

MysticLady
07-31-2013, 10:50 AM
No one will be surprised that I disagree with Victoria :)

.................................. :p ................................................

Better yet,

sweetvictoria
07-31-2013, 10:57 AM
I understand that you are nervous as I was in the same place years ago. I agree with Erin in that you need to communicate with her. You may find that it can become part of your relationship.

I remember the first time my wife and I went out as "2 girls." One of the best nights of my life.