PDA

View Full Version : came into understanding yesterday

tiffanynjcd24
07-28-2013, 06:00 AM
Since my last post yesterday about deciding to give up crossdressing, I gave it some thought yesterday and I came to realized that crossdressing is a part of me and I cant give up crossdressing. The reason that I cant give up crossdressing because it helps me to express feminine side and it helps me feel confidant about myself. See I learned that if I give up crossdressing I wouldnt feel happy at all really. I feel that with more practice I can be more passiable woman. I want to look like michelle williams from destiny child. But anyway I would love to meet other crossdressers and maybe go to las vegas, lgbt cruises, nightclubs that cater to crossdressers, etc as a passiable woman. Also I love being a crossdresser as it helps me to keep balance in work and personal life better than me want to be a transwoman. By the way transition into a woman is not in my future. I wouldnt mind feeling comfortable dating a woman or a transwoman that accept me

kimdl93
07-28-2013, 07:50 AM
I think that reaching a point of self acceptance is critical for any young person. We all carry insecurities that can hold us back, until we mature enough to say, this is who I am, and I'm happy with myself. That newfound self assurance can have positive impacts on your larger life, personally and professionally.

I would at the same time encourage you to not let CDing define your life, but rather enhance it.

tiffanynjcd24
07-28-2013, 07:54 AM
I know hun I really accept as being a cd

NicoleScott
07-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Since my last post yesterday about deciding to give up crossdressing, I gave it some thought yesterday and I came to realized that crossdressing is a part of me and I cant give up crossdressing.

Let's hope you didn't purge between the decision and the realization. Many of us have, to our regret.

Claire Cook
07-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Hi cd,

I can only repeat what Kim has said: self-acceptance is a big step. Once we accept the fact that "Yes, I am a crossdresser" and "No, there is nothing wrong with it", we have less guilt, and more confidence in who we are. I'd guess that most, if not all, of us have gone through this to some degree. And probably no two of us have found exactly the same balance, at least those of us who have not transitioned. As far as giving it up goes, it is part of me, and always will be.

Enjoy your journey, wherever it leads. BTW, I love your avatar photo -- you have a lovely face indeed.

... and oh, that last photo!

tiffanynjcd24
07-28-2013, 08:07 AM
You are right I do have a lovely face hun thank you its just I wish I could get a chance to do it at my own place

Hey everyone I am sorry if I posted pictures on this forum. How is everyone doing today

Tracii G
07-28-2013, 01:01 PM
Glad you came to the point of understanding its just part of you.
Most people never come to a point of accepting and live in shame over it.
Good for you sister!!!

JamieTG
07-28-2013, 01:06 PM
I spent many years fighting it, feeling guilty, and purging. It wasn't until I was about 45 that I said "enough is enough". I accepted the fact that this was me, it was never going to change, and it didn't make me a bad person. I started letting it all out and embracing it instead of fighting it. Being happy is all about accepting and loving yourself. My only regret is that I spent many years beating myself up before seeing the light. I'm glad you changed your mind and I hope you get a chance to do some of the things you mentioned.

tiffanynjcd24
07-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you traci g like its better for me than to transition into a woman I just dont know how that would afford it gurl

I spent many years fighting it, feeling guilty, and purging. It wasn't until I was about 45 that I said "enough is enough". I accepted the fact that this was me, it was never going to change, and it didn't make me a bad person. I started letting it all out and embracing it instead of fighting it. Being happy is all about accepting and loving yourself. My only regret is that I spent many years beating myself up before seeing the light. I'm glad you changed your mind and I hope you get a chance to do some of the things you mentioned.

My first step is to get my own place and to dress up more. Second I want to meet other cds and go to clubs like triangles

Tracii G
07-28-2013, 01:18 PM
YW cd23.
I understand the need for some to transition but its not for everybody.
Just be yourself and enjoy the blessing that God gave you. You have the ability to tap that other side of your personality.Use it as a positive thing in your life.
It has made me a much better person and made me more accepting of all people no matter their differences.

tiffanynjcd24
07-28-2013, 01:24 PM
Thats kool I am skinny and I have a gorgeous butt I can easy be passiable in terms of body

Tracii G
07-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Lucky you GF I have no ass LOL :sad::D

tiffanynjcd24
07-28-2013, 01:34 PM
What I need to do as far as if I want to look for a relationship with a crossdresser, transwoman, or a woman

Beverley Sims
07-30-2013, 05:18 AM
I am glad you have come to the realization as to what you want to do.

tiffanynjcd24
07-30-2013, 05:41 AM
thank you hun yep this is what i want although i know this is going to be hard in terms of finding a woman down the road. i am not worry about that

Tina B.
07-31-2013, 09:28 AM
You'll back slide, you don't turn how you feel overnight, but you are off to a good start. Now that you realize it is a part of you, and remember the only known cure is a lobotomy, you can give up trying to figure out how to give it up. Then comes the next big step, actually learning to live with it. How many times did I panic and back up, and have to start over, it takes time to build the confidence in yourself, when there are so many people out there that don't understand and will tell you to just quit, I've even heard it in here.
By your avatar, and your log in name, I take it your real young, most of us take a while between realizing this us, and is for life, but when you know, it's just you, you can get comfortable and enjoy it!

tiffanynjcd24
08-01-2013, 02:33 PM
I cant give up crossdressing I can control it but not giving it up

Ericaxd
08-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Oh giving up dressing is easy. Take from me--I've done it dozens of times.

What I did stop doing is purging.

tiffanynjcd24
08-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Its easier said then done but on the different sense I havent done it in a long time

Stevie
08-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I tried to give it up and failed time and time again. I put a serious strain on my marriage because I can't give it up. You have to do what is right for you.

tiffanynjcd24
08-01-2013, 04:34 PM
I cant I am embracing who I am

Tina B.
08-02-2013, 09:38 AM
I hope you rove me wrong, I just know for me it was start and stop, feel good about myself, and then back to the guilt, until I really came to terms with it completely.
But of course you younger ones have an advantage, you know your not the only one, my generation, some of us didn't know there was others out there, sure glad the internet came along to enlighten all of us, and let us find like minded people we can share ideas with.

tiffanynjcd24
08-02-2013, 11:02 AM
What do you mean by that

Princess Grandpa
08-02-2013, 01:31 PM
I cant give up crossdressing I can control it but not giving it up

I have a question. If its out of line I'm sorry. Where do you see yourself on the gender spectrum? Are you a man who likes to feel pretty? Are you a man who likes to feel feminine? Do you feel maybe your a little of both genders or do you feel you are female regardless of what your body says? I ask not because I necessarily want to know but you need to. You need to find peace with yourself and exploring that question might go a long way towards finding that peace.

Oh giving up dressing is easy. Take from me--I've done it dozens of times.

What I did stop doing is purging.

If you choose to be done just pack your stuff away in some box somewhere. If you still don't want it in a few years, well your sizes would have changed anyway so toss it out.

Just my 2 cents Hun. Wishing you all happiness.

Hug
Rita

tiffanynjcd24
08-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Well I am a genderfluid I am a guys guy but I love to feel feminine at times. Basically I am in the middle

BLUE ORCHID
08-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Hi CD23, It's like the Mafia you just can't quit.

tiffanynjcd24
08-03-2013, 04:35 AM
i understand now thank you lol

Micky
08-03-2013, 08:41 AM
I had considered doing the same years ago. But I too, after giving it some heavy consideration, determined that this is me - it's what makes me feel good inside and most importantly I have a supportive wife who understands. Glad I stuck with it :)

tiffanynjcd24
08-03-2013, 09:34 AM
i am feeling happy for you