PDA

View Full Version : First time out in 17 years...

Dianne S
07-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Last night, by a miracle of star-alignment, all of our kids were away for the evening. My wife said to me "You'd better dress. You need it."

Anyway, I planned just to hang around the house, but my wife suggested we go for a drive. It was the first time in 17 years (since my oldest kid was a baby) I'd been outside in a skirt. Admittedly it was dark, but it was a super-liberating experience (as well as nerve-wracking...)

I had a little trouble driving in wedge shoes, but soon got used to it. I think I am gradually getting the courage up again to go out and socialize at the local TG club as I used to before kids...

Tina B.
07-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Oh boy, one night out for a drive in a skirt, and you are ready to run, did the wife know she might be unleashing the coming of the Dawn!
I spent yesterday just trying walk in my wedges, don't think I could drive In mine, at least not while wearing stockings, every time I step
sideways I feel like I'm going to fall off. Sandals, I would toss them but there just to cute.

jennyscott
07-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Here comes the pink fog bank. Start up the light houses and fog horns. Seriously, congratulations and have some fun.

Dianne S
07-28-2013, 11:34 AM
I spent yesterday just trying walk in my wedges, don't think I could drive In mine

It was tricky... newish car, standard transmission. My heel kept getting stuck when I pressed on the clutch. :)

@jennyscott, yes pink fog big time.

linda allen
07-28-2013, 11:38 AM
That's great you got out and had fun, but seventeen years? I would have thought you could make some arrangements during that time.

If I can get to the point where my wife and I go out dressed, she will be the one driving. Think about it - two women in a car, one has to drive. If there's a situation like a traffic stop or even an accident, it will be much easier all around if she's the one driving.

Princess Grandpa
07-28-2013, 11:39 AM
What a great story thanks for sharing!

May the stars line up more and more.

Hug
Rita

Angie G
07-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Good for you Dawn. Get outthere and have some FUN girl.:hugs:
Angie

Michelle Deere
07-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Dawn,
I know how you felt...it was also 17 years for me too, (other than dressing at house and wandering around the deck). Although without my wife, this last January I made it out for a drive one day and then a couple of days later to a nearby mall. What a fantastic feeling. Got to relive the exhilaration, sort of, whilst I wrote about it in my blog. I hope to get out again this fall or winter. 17 years is way to long not to get out...right? ;)
Michelle

Dianne S
07-29-2013, 12:40 PM
That's great you got out and had fun, but seventeen years? I would have thought you could make some arrangements during that time.

Probably could have, but I am determined to keep this from my children for now. Also, I had a beard for most of those 17 years and that would cramp my style. :)

Only recently did the urge to CD come back strongly enough for me to shave and start using makeup again.

linda allen
07-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Probably could have, but I am determined to keep this from my children for now. Also, I had a beard for most of those 17 years and that would cramp my style. :)

Only recently did the urge to CD come back strongly enough for me to shave and start using makeup again.

I understand about the children, but the beard was your choice. As for the children, certainly you could have found a way to be apart from them for a day or two.

Dianne S
07-29-2013, 12:49 PM
I understand about the children, but the beard was your choice.

Yes. I look better as a guy with a beard. :( I also never had the urge until recently to fully crossdress or go out the way I used to when I was younger.

As for the children, certainly you could have found a way to be apart from them for a day or two.

I have three kids and when they were little, I was just too darned tired to put the energy into the required logistics. Now that they're older and the physical demands are much less, it's much easier.

Persephone
07-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Congrats to you and your wife, Dawn! Great that she understands!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Beverley Sims
07-30-2013, 04:49 AM
Dawn,
I think it is a liberating experience for you and hopefully you can cultivate it as the kids leave home.
Even another star alignment would do. :)

Jolene Robertson
07-30-2013, 05:13 AM
Hi Dawn,

Thanks or sharing your experience with us.

Be careful you don't get stardust in your eyes :battingeyelashes:

Hugs
Jolene

Paulacder
07-30-2013, 07:52 AM
I guess it's just like riding a bike, once you learn how you never forget........

BLUE ORCHID
07-31-2013, 07:31 AM
Hi Dawn, Don't wait 17Yrs. before you go out again.