PDA

View Full Version : told my therapist!

Camille15
07-28-2013, 04:39 PM
So I see a therapist for reasons not related to my CD'ing. My wife occasionally sees the same person, actually. After I first came out to my wife over a year ago, I gave my wife permission to tell our therapist about my CD'ing so she'd have a place to go with it if she needed. She mentioned it to her, but they didn't discuss it much afterwards.

Anyway, today in session I mentioned it in passing, saying something like "I think you already heard from my wife that I like to CD". She said "yes", she did. So I told her, "Well, as long as that cat's out of the bag, you have a cute jacket on". She smiled and said, "Thanks!".

So it wasn't a big coming out, since she already knew. And we didn't discuss it much. But this was the first time I've ever spoken to anyone other than my wife about my CD'ing, as well as the first time I've been able to openly talk about fashion with a GG other than my wife. It felt very freeing and exhilarating. Her jacket wasn't even THAT cute, but I just wanted the opportunity to say something one girl might say to another, and it was really nice that I got an enthusiastic reply.

Camille

Beverley Sims
07-30-2013, 05:00 AM
Your therapist was not likely to make an issue out of it especially if it is not the subject of your therapy sessions.

Barbra P
07-30-2013, 03:22 PM
I live in Southern California where I’ve been seeing a Therapist in the Psychiatry Department for a little over two years. I mentioned to her that I thought my Wife could use some therapy and my Therapist said she would be happy to meet my Wife and recommend the names of some other Therapists but as a Licensed Therapist it would constitute a conflict of interest for her to also accept my Wife as a patient.

I don’t know why you are seeing a Therapist but it is a little hard to believe that your crossdressing doesn’t somehow impact whatever reasons your seeing a Therapist. I know, or know of, members here who are seeing Therapists, usually for some form of depression, and while crossdressing may not be the major cause of their depression it is certainly a contributing factor.

Sister Rachel
07-30-2013, 05:09 PM
In my (limited) experience, intelligent/ professional women won't be phased by your 'fessing up .. however, don't expect them to be as deeply interested in the subject as you are!

When I went to pick up a couple of net underskirts recently from a shop where I was already "out" to the proprietress, I found myself saying " oh, I like your skirt, Helen" just in passing and without thinking about it :)

Camille15
07-31-2013, 10:59 AM
My post was more about my excitement at sharing with another person. I know my therapist is trained (and paid) to not react, and may not actually be interested. Still, it's nice to let one other person in on this, besides my wife.

My crossdressing is something I fully accept and am not ashamed of. I do indeed seek counsel of a therapist for other, unrelated matters.

Honestly, I didn't expect such a sour response on this post. Kind of disappointing. :(

Camille

Sister Rachel
07-31-2013, 06:55 PM
Yeah, absolutely .. I didn't mean to be "sour" at all, believe me .. it is a very good feeling to share with another person, but having done so, again in my (limited) experience, there can be a kind of short-term disappointment that it's not such a big deal to the recipient of your confidence? I'm going through this myself at the moment, I've recently 'fessed up to several friends, no negative reactions whatsoever, but maybe I wanted more attention than I actually got :(
Wish you well, Camille.

mikiSJ
07-31-2013, 08:03 PM
Camille

I know what a relief it can be to actually tell someone. While my therapist was almost the first person (other than my wife) to come out to, it was a great relief to finally be able to talk about this girl, Miki, that had been bottled up for 50 years.

Before you go too far with this therapist and Camille, find out if she has any experience, with transgendered people; or any bias against TGers. You may be wasting your time and possibly be getting bad advice if this therapist has no experience.