PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm a shopaholic

Tiffanyselkoe
07-30-2013, 06:58 AM
My wife, 11 year old daughter, and I went out yesterday with the original intent of looking at second hand stores for a dress or two. By the time we finished it was 6 hours later and we all had sooo many cute outfits. My wife has a very good sense of fashion and jokes with me a lot about all the times I have bought something on impulse without consulting a woman with a lot more experience and been disappointed with my purchase. I will have to post some pics when I get a chance. It was also fun to watch as my daughter has begun to explore with her own fashion tastes. My wife usually focuses on what the kids need so I gently prodded ( shoved) her to buy some outfits she liked for herself. All in all, a totally awesome day and we all had a lot of fun. It looks like Tiffany is out and taking off with a vengeance. Look out world here she comes! :bh::bh::bh::bh:

Beverley Sims
07-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Tiffany,
Nice to see you have some collective acceptance in your shopping sprees.

Princess Grandpa
07-30-2013, 08:06 AM
Sounds like a great time!

Hug
Rita

vikki2020
07-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Yes, it does look that way! Outstanding! Sounds like a fantastic way to spend the day, and thrift stores are a lot of fun.

I Am Paula
07-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Don't worry about being a shopaholic. I have a purse collection. High end only. I have more in 'Coach' than my car is worth. The whole collection is easily a house down payment. A Hermes 'Kelly' bag at $5000, gotta have it. Now let's talk shoes. I'm a very sick girl.

reb.femme
07-30-2013, 10:44 AM
........My wife has a very good sense of fashion and jokes with me a lot about all the times I have bought something on impulse without consulting a woman with a lot more experience and been disappointed with my purchase.......

Been there, been there.....too many times for my liking. :heehee:

..............A Hermes 'Kelly' bag at $5000, gotta have it. Now let's talk shoes.........

Who let one of the Rockefeller family on here? Celeste, if I at any time have a bag of that price in my possession, I have either won the lottery or I will have stolen it. At that price, I'm not far off having my whole house electrically rewired. :devil:

Rebecca

Jaymees22
07-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Something in the stars yesterday, my wife and I both went a little nuts shopping yesterday too. Not only clothes though things for the house too. Oh well it was fun. Hugs Jaymee

suzanne
07-30-2013, 02:21 PM
Shopping IS addictive, isn't it? For me, a big part is the huge variety of clothes available for women compared to men's clothes (boo). There is sometimes a bewildering array of things out there and not everything works on me, so finding that perfect dress feels like a victory. Then there's the part where I ask the SA how it looks on me, you know, whether it fits right or not. I feel on top of the world when she tells me how good it looks on me. One young SA told me "You rock that dress, you really do" and my mind was blown. I can never wait to go back for more!

OzSam
07-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Totally addictive. I can't get enough of checking the sale rack for that perfect item at a bargain price. On special occasions I even spoil myself to try it on in the fitting room.

Tiffanyselkoe
07-30-2013, 07:34 PM
I had to buy another dresser today. My wife tells me she is going to help me with mix and match different items. Everything is now all neat and organized and this girl is tired after a busy day!

BLUE ORCHID
07-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi Tiff, $hopaholic, That $ can get $ Real ea$y Real $ Quick$$.

lingerieLiz
07-30-2013, 10:15 PM
My wife and I have enough clothes to open a store. SAD, but we both like to shop. Friends play golf or go sailing and spend more.

Tina B.
07-31-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm with Liz, I don't have a boat, golf clubs, or Harley, I don't hang out in bars, and I don't gamble, but I can shop with the best of them.
I went out recently to get a bathing suit, and came home with three, love end of season clearances!
And no there will be no pictures of this old hag in a bathing suit!