PDA

View Full Version : how long to grow back

Kaitlyn Michele
12-21-2005, 10:00 PM
well, for those who have posted with support for me i want to thank you for the shoulder to cry on...

i've got the apartment and waiting till post-xmas to move in....i already started putting stuff there including some clothes (ahem).. nothing is final (outside of separation)..we are calling it a test/trial...my wife is hinting this could be for a while though..

i'm considering doing some major shaving, legs chest for sure arms?? back??
i dont know if i will do it, but knowing myself i bet i do it.

question is this...i have some events in april and may and would prefer to not be noticably shaved... then again in late july...

how long to get enough hair back on legs especially to not be obvious..

i guess if i do it, i should shave everywhere so hair grows back evenly..
i know i could use the swimmer or biker execuse but i'm not sure i want to deal with it at this point..

any ideas? experiences?
thnx

Linda Mattson
12-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Michele:

My experience is that I would plan on 6 weeks to be grown back to the point where it is not noticable to all those who know you real well!

Linda

S. Lisa Smith
12-21-2005, 10:15 PM
I usually figure a month for me for my chest, back and legs. I keep my arms clipped short and my hands shaved all year round.

TGMarla
12-22-2005, 12:08 AM
i'm considering doing some major shaving, legs chest for sure arms?? back??
i dont know if i will do it, but knowing myself i bet i do it.
Yeah, Michelle. That and the rest of it, too. If I were to find myself suddenly single, especially over this, I'd be planning a shave-fest myself. I'd be thinking the same thing....knowing myself I bet I would, too.

I'm glad I'm pretty hairless on my chest and back, though. I sympathize. All I have to worry about is my legs, and you can cover that up pretty well.

And when summer comes, I'd either chicken out, or just find some way to explain it, which would amount to, "I just thought I'd try it, and I like it that way." And I guarantee I would like it that way. I just would.

Oh, and my experience has been that it takes a month to six weeks for it to grow back.

windycissy
12-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Michelle,

5 to 6 weeks should do it, so you have nothing to worry about...you will be able to take it off and keep it off for two whole months if you don't need to show any skin till April or May. I suggest you take it all off - use some Nair on your back if you can't reach to shave there - and enjoy the experience of soft, smooth skin against your lingerie and stockings - heaven!

Windy

Shannon
12-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Michelle -- a lot depends on what others may have seen in the past -- what's there point of reference? If they have seen, and remember, an unshaved body, then probably 6 weeks. On the other hand, if they have no point of reference, it could be much sooner.

Jon
12-22-2005, 01:22 AM
When I broke up with my girlfriend - the first thing I did was go on a shave fest. Was great! Except for all the in-growns a few weeks later. :(

Deidra Cowen
12-22-2005, 06:58 AM
Takes me about two days to grow it back :mad: OK, just kidding but it drives me nuts how quickly I get a shadow or stubble on my chest, tummy and legs. Just about have to shave everyday. But 6 weeks is plenty of time to get it back.

I have found however once you shave you keep it up. At first you are scared people will notice. After a few months you stop caring and just say that hey I am shaved cause I swim and ride bikes. (I actually do the swimming thing...the bike riding is just made up)

Hope you enjoy your freedom!

Hugs

Deidra

caroline_cd_99
12-22-2005, 10:22 AM
My hair grows back enough in a month or so, I usually stop shaving around tax day, so I can get back into shorts for the summer. I am considering staying shaved this summer though.

As far as chest hair goes, more and more non cd men are shaving their chest hair or at least "manscaping" their body hair.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/lifestyle/183343_hairy.html

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/2005-08-23-waxing_x.htm

Rene
12-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I have found that after 3 to 4 weeks hair has grown back enough to get away with it, but it does take at least 6 to grow back completely.