PDA

View Full Version : Hot flashes.

I Am Paula
07-30-2013, 08:06 AM
In the last week or so I've experienced hot flashes in the morning. Just for a few minutes, then I'm good for the day. It's not that bothersome, but I want to know whether to concern my Endo. I'm on Cyproterone (androcur), and estrogen patches.

My sister, who is going thru' menopause, laughed her ass off when I mentioned this. There is justice. LOL

Jorja
07-30-2013, 10:17 AM
It is pretty normal especially in older people. I would mention it to my doctor on my next trip and they might do a little adjustment to your dosage. Unless other symptoms start to follow it's nothing to worry about.

I Am Paula
07-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks Jorja. Having some understandings of my chemical workings I figure it's just my body acclimating to the female invader. I keep a journal of things to ask my to ask my endo.

Angela Campbell
07-30-2013, 01:13 PM
I haven't had any hot flashes but I sure get the night sweats. Also foot cramps at night, breast tenderness, a small amount of growth in the left one, and somehow the feeling inside that everything is different, and so much less hostility and frustration.

I don't see it but several people have commented that they think I have lost some weight lately. I have not in a few months staying the same, but they are indicating my face, I don't see it but several others have.

I Am Paula
07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Ellen, I believe hot flashes and night sweats are the same thing, just occurring at different times. Strangely, they appear at the same time everyday. Jorja had a good suggestion for me so we'll see.
The feeling that everything is different. Yup. Can't put a finger on it, but you're right.
I don't see it either, but people ask if I'd lost weight, or they say I look younger. I'll take it!
Boobs:sad: But I've got patience. I think they're taking their time cause they have great things planned.

Angela Campbell
07-30-2013, 04:22 PM
I have found that drinking something like gator aide before I go to bed helps with the sweats and the foot cramps, well....when I remember to drink it. BUT I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee then...lol Then again since starting on the spiro I go to the bathroom about once an hour or so all day anyway now.

My doc told me to expect these things.

TeresaL
07-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Look up andropause. Your sister may have been spot on. I had them too, and resolved them by backing off my AA dosage. My T readings were in female range after cutting back to half or one quarter dosages. E can lower T also, but I had the flushes before going on E. It still puzzles me.

StephanieC
07-30-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm always sweating at night, regardless of the season.

-stephani