PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Annual Pass

Rachel Schaedel
07-30-2013, 04:48 PM
I have noticed that there have been a few inquiries about going to the happiest place on earth while presenting as your chosen gender.

I have been an annual pass member for a number of years and just recently started to enjoy the park as Rachel. I was treated with respect and dignity each and every time by the cast-members. I would get the rare look or comment and it was primarily from younger people.

I used to limit myself going back and forth between the parks to lessen the chance of having an issue at the gates with my picture being of my drab self. Mind you I never really had an issue. But with my growing confidence and changes in my appearance it was getting a little more noticeable that my picture was not matching so much.

So I contacted Disneyland Resort Guest Experience Services. I explained the situation in that I presented sometimes as my male self for various reasons and also presented as a female.

Their reply was very encouraging. They advised that when getting your pass have it noted in your account that you are a (insert your chosen description here) and that you will be presenting as A or B at times. Make sure that you have a picture ID of your government recognized gender.

If you are stopped at the gate inform the cast-member to check the notes on your account and present your ID as well.

I was also told that if there was any negative issue, or positive one for that matter, to report it to Guest Services.

So with that being said, who wants to go? :battingeyelashes:

docrobbysherry brought up a good point about the restrooms. To avoid any problems there are family restrooms available in both parks. They are available to use by both genders so you should be fine.

AllieSF
07-30-2013, 07:33 PM
Count me in!! I have only been to Disney World in Orlando, Florida so many years ago.

docrobbysherry
07-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Just be careful which rest room u use there. If u can't prove your trans, u could be thrown out if you're caught using the "wrong one"!

Jodi
07-30-2013, 08:30 PM
My experience with Disney is--they want our money, nothing else. With Disney, it is all about the money. They won't care how you present yourself as long as your money is green.

Jodi

4mymichelle
07-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Hi Rachel,

Thank you for sharing this information with everyone. I have been an annual passholder for several years also, but never have gone there enfemme. It is good to know their policy for CDs. So guess I need to go to passholder services and have them add a note to my file. I never knew that at the entrance gate the castmember could view additional information other than just the drab picture of you and your name. All I knew is that they no longer print your picture on your pass. I'm in :battingeyelashes:

Michelle

Briana90802
07-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Wow, thanks for the great information. I'm going next month to get my annual pass. I'll be sure to ask for the option a-b thing.

;)

Beverley Sims
07-31-2013, 06:08 AM
Rachel,
That is good news, at least they accept that there are differences, when going to a theme park designed or children I have been apprehensive going as Beverley.

Jana
07-31-2013, 07:47 AM
Disney tends to be very professional, and with prices close to $500 a pop (for annual passes), they should. Good for you, have fun! :)

4mymichelle
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Disney tends to be very professional, and with prices close to $500 a pop (for annual passes), they should. Good for you, have fun! :)

It's now $669 for the Premium and $499 for the Deluxe Annual Passes. So yes I would hope they are professional and accommodating to everyone. Going to have to go more often now :)

Jenn A116
08-01-2013, 08:39 AM
My experience with Disney is--they want our money, nothing else. With Disney, it is all about the money. They won't care how you present yourself as long as your money is green.

Well, I suppose that since they are a for-profit corporation that this is true on some level but I think Disney is actually a very accepting company. They have a great record in supporting equal rights for all groups. A large portion of their cast members (employees) are LGBT. Disney seems to recognize that everybody is entitled to some happy time.

Rachel,
That is good news, at least they accept that there are differences, when going to a theme park designed or children I have been apprehensive going as Beverley.

Disney isn't just a theme parked designed for children, its designed for everybody. Disney realizes that its the parents that pay for the park visits, not the children, so they need to have things for the adults as well.

----
Just to help everybody understand my (perhaps too abrupt) responses above, I've been a WDW annual passholder for ~25 years and made more visits there than I can count. Yes, I'm a big Disney fan. I'm also an adult (actually, now I'd be classified as a "senior") so we're not there because of children's attractions. Walk around for a while and you'll see that there are a lot of older couples enjoying some park time.