PDA

View Full Version : T's in the Jacksonville,Fl LGBTQ community..few and far between!

Rogina B
07-30-2013, 08:59 PM
Sunday pm was a Pride 3hr river cruise and out of probably 200 people,I was the only T girl aboard the boat! That is,other than the 3 performing Dragons[one arrived dressed,others were as boys]..not so sure that they counted as all 3 disembarked in drab...Kind of amazing that there is so little visability from the very small T community here.[There were more girls around the Pride parade and festival last fall,though] Anyway,one T girl[me! lol] isn't going to make much of a "capital T" in the community alphabet around here!:brolleyes: Shame is that there are perhaps people in hiding that fantasize about being at events like these,but stay hidden away for one reason or another. So,please get out there at events like this and proudly be counted by the others from the same playground,but a different corner of it!

Cristy2
07-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Sorry to say that I didn't know anything about it. Wish I had known.

Beverley Sims
07-31-2013, 06:12 AM
I wonder is it because of Jacksonville's size and population demographics.

Cristy2
07-31-2013, 06:28 AM
I would say yes and also up to a few years ago it was a pretty highly religious city with several anti-gay, bi, and transgender preachers openly spewing their venom. Jacksonville also has it pockets of red necks which doesn't help matters any either.

Tina B.
07-31-2013, 08:20 AM
I'll bet you weren't the only T girl there, the rest where most likely in drab, on the sidewalk watching from the sideline, wishing they had the nerve to march.

daine
07-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Sounds like it hasn't changed since I was stationed they back in 1968.

Eryn
07-31-2013, 12:26 PM
There may have been more than you realized if they were blending well. There may have also been a few who marched in drab.

The important thing is that you were there!

Cristy2
07-31-2013, 02:25 PM
Sounds like it hasn't changed since I was stationed they back in 1968.

No Jacksonville hasn't changed much at all other than more houses and etc. at the beaches and on the southside. Same old BS politics as always. The LGBT community is more in the Riverside area of town now and not so much the San Marco like it used to be.