PDA

View Full Version : shopping nightmare

Stevie
07-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Here I am in one of my favorite cities to shop, Chicago, and end up with only a couple of tee shirts. I'm with my family and the best I can do is window shop. I saw tons of outfits and got several ideas on what to wear. I would of max out my credit card if I had the chance. I feel so guilty right now.

Beverley Sims
07-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Stevie,
What's the problem?
Don't your folks know?
You will have to tell them. :)

Tina B.
07-31-2013, 06:04 PM
Why the guilt, you could have maxed the credit card, but you didn't. Wanting to do something can't be bad, only an action can be bad.
The rest is just wishing on a star!

kimdl93
07-31-2013, 07:12 PM
I'd just echo the sentiment that there is no reason to feel guilty about things you haven't done. And there's no reason to feel bad about seeing things you liked, and wanting them.

Tracii G
07-31-2013, 07:21 PM
No shame in not maxing out a CC rather a smart move.

lingerieLiz
07-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Was shopping with my mom and she offered to buy me a top and I passed. Always regret that.

Stevie
08-01-2013, 06:24 AM
Bev My wife knows but I do not want my family to know especially since she is not understanding about it. The problem is I love to shop and was itching to buy something but couldn't .
Tina I feel guilty because I chose to keep this private.
There were some awesome outfits to go with my shoe collection and for the first time I saw an opportunity to get that make over that I have been wanting and had to pass on that too.

Tina B.
08-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Bev My wife knows but I do not want my family to know especially since she is not understanding about it. The problem is I love to shop and was itching to buy something but couldn't .
Tina I feel guilty because I chose to keep this private.
There were some awesome outfits to go with my shoe collection and for the first time I saw an opportunity to get that make over that I have been wanting and had to pass on that too.

Stevie, there are some things that you should keep private, you said wife doesn't really approve, so why ruin everyone's day to point out something like that when out with the family.
It's still just a longing, we all have them. I'm sure your wife has fantasies of her own, that she doesn't share either. What is in your head is yours and yours alone, until you deiced to share it, and as long as you keep in your head, there should be no guilt. You don't need to explain, "I want too, you only need to explain when it becomes "I'm going too". The world has given us more reasons to feel guilty, than we deserve, we don't need to add to it ourselves.

Stevie
08-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Keeping things private is what my wife said too Tina. I have keep it private and only let my feelings known on this thread. I was ok just soaking the images in my head and getting ideas on how to improve my look. Yes it did bother me a little because I have been coming to grips with this for some time now. I have no solution that doesn't require me turning my life upside down. Just because I didn't buy anything doesn't mean we didn't have fun. My wife even joked about it because I do shop like a woman and she was surprise that I did focus more on the family than myself.

Princess Grandpa
08-01-2013, 11:29 AM
I think you should take a weekend. Go away to a place you've nothing to worry about. Get your make over and go shopping. If you can at afford it I suspect you will come back and report the most amazing things. Heh invite the wife to come play with you. Maybe a beasties weekend puts things in perspective for all? If she won't go but doesn't mind you taking the time and money...

Hug
Rita

Stephanie47
08-01-2013, 12:02 PM
I would have made a mental note of the store's name, and, checked to see if it has a website. I see many more dresses at target's website than in the stores.

aliciasoprano
08-01-2013, 12:50 PM
OG you gals from over the pond What is a beastie weekend

Princess Grandpa
08-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Alicasoprano time spent as girlfriends. All doing the things a couple of best girlfriends might do together. Shopping, mani/pedi, make over etc.

Hug
Rita

Cheryl Ann Owens
08-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I would have made a mental note of the store's name, and, checked to see if it has a website. I see many more dresses at target's website than in the stores.

I have to agree here. As long as you know your sizes, you can easily max out your credit card online to your heart's content. My wife usually shops for me locally for staples like panties and bras, and one of these days I'm going to hit some thrift shops! Our money is green too! You might find a SA who'd be thrilled to help you. I went to school with a gal who is now a manager of a national women's clothing chain. I'm not sure if I want to open up to her.....yet. LOL!

Cheryl Ann

Karren H
08-01-2013, 03:07 PM
LOL... I once bought a long red gown in the mall while the family was there.... when I volunteered to take the packages back to the car... took longer than I expected and everyone wondered what took me so long.... "I got lost"... yeah... in Macy's womens department! I hid the dress under the front seat and snuck it out when we got home.... damn those were fun and exciting times! So instead of whinning about being depressed how about getting creative and doing something about it?

Stevie
08-01-2013, 03:29 PM
That's creative Karen. I should have thought of that.