PDA

View Full Version : Where to go in Boston?

JuliaC
07-31-2013, 06:34 PM
I think I am ready to start going out in public crossdressed? Where in boston could I go? remember im only 19 so anyone know any places that are 18+ and still would be good.

Jorja
07-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Anyplace your pretty little heart desires.

anneob2002
07-31-2013, 06:49 PM
Hmm, no particular place comes to mind.

I have seen quite a few CDers in the daytime walking around the hospital district by the Dana Farber, Beth Israel, B&W and Children's Hospital area. I think all the activity and people makes it easier to mix in. Also, it is a lot of medical people that may be more accepting of such things. I would find it one of the safer ways to start.

Feel free to PM me to discuss.

AllieSF
07-31-2013, 06:53 PM
Like Jorja said, wherever you want. I would do all the historical tourist places, including guided tours, museums, The old sailing ship, the Constitution and make sure to get a guided tour, the original Cheers bar for a beer, the aquarium on the bay, coffee shops, restaurants, bars, shopping, sports events college and professional, theaters, movies, live band performances, little live music bars, dancing and clubbing, used books stores, out to Logan to watch the planes coming and going while having a beer or something legal to drink, get the picture? Yes, you may be a newbie to going out, so find a friend or a group to network with to find a going out buddy, male or female TS,TG, CD, gay or straight. There is so much to do there once you get some experience and confidence and courage. Please go for it and enjoy all that Boston has to offer.

Paula_56
07-31-2013, 08:03 PM
http://www.femulate.org/2013/07/what-i-did-on-my-summer-girlcation-part.html

heatherdress
07-31-2013, 08:59 PM
Many, many places you will feel comfortable in Boston. I would consider heading for the Cape. Provincetown is the place to go.

Jinny M
08-01-2013, 12:12 AM
I recommend a visit to Fenway Health on Boylston st,and intersection of Yawkey Way , Next to the Burger king . When you walk in the lobby theres a wall in the back near the lab on the left that has a lot of flyers ,lists and booklets and such for US with places to go , happenings, groups and such. Fenway Health has a Transgender Program . I see a DR. There for my HRT Meds and monitoring my labs and health. They also have Theraphist for US too. The whole back bay area is Very Trans Friendly , Newbury st. is very excepting, visit the MAC Store there on Newbury st. super friendly , helpful and they will make you look great also any of the nail salons there too. There are a lot of clubs in Boston , be yourself , dress to blend in and have fun. Day or night , don't matter in Boston, any where there is very excepting . even on the subway, I've never been hasseled. Heatherdress is right PTown ( Provicetown ) is the bomb . Same thing there day or night 24/7 Be the Diva you want to be and strut your stuff girl. even at the beaches there , bikini , one piece or the nude beach Not One worry in Ptown at all. pick up a Boston Pheniox too .

Have fun and Be You !

Jinny

Jocee
08-01-2013, 01:01 PM
If you have the financial resources, go spend a weekend in P-Town. Take the fast ferry over in the morning and stay for the day or over night.

Joanna

Robynts
08-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I have been in Boston for the last three months on assignment. I have been all over the city enfemme the subway is clean and has been safe for my travels.

The Commons has been a great place to go. I like to sit on the park benches there and watched the world go and have had no issue.

The shopping over near Downtown Crossing has been fun too. There is a Macy's and a DSW where I have had no problem.

Good luck to you. I will be here for several more months. If you want to get together PM me, I am always looking for company!

Robyn

NathalieX66
08-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I fondly remember walking down oh-so-fashionable Newbury St. dressed as female when I was 23. ....which when I look back on it, was probably the first time I ever went into a public setting.
Hey, last month I was on the Amtrak Acela, and got off in Providence before the train made it to Boston, and that being said, I wandered around downtown Providence, including the shopping mall which was next to the train station.

Boston is way cool for going en femme.

nicky_im_cd
08-05-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm in Boston now and I'm 20 years old. Where can I go?)

Rogina B
08-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Anywhere the college kids go! And everywhere else! Walk the harbor,or the market,or the Crossing,or hop on a water taxi...