PDA

View Full Version : A few web sites….

Robyn2006
07-31-2013, 08:31 PM
I've perhaps a bit too much time on my hands, on vacation now.
I found a couple of websites which I'm wondering if any of you could comment on, if you know anything about them. I'm alway leery of such sites, but both look pretty interesting, though require $$$.

Frock Magazine (http://frockmagazine.com/)

Stepping Out Secrets (http://steppingoutsecrets.com/)

Robyn

flatlander_48
07-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Frock is an interesting magazine. Lots of articles about what folks are up to, what their challenges were and how they view the community. Interesting stuff. The other one is new to me.

Miranda09
07-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Hi Robyn. I have also visited the Frock Mag site and found it very interesting. Stepping out Secrets, however, was not overly impressed with. I think you can find all that info right here. However, I will say that if you get on their mailing list, they do send free suggestions and advice on items like style, makeup, etc. :)

Tracii G
08-01-2013, 01:19 AM
A few of my TG FB friends have been featured in Frock magazine. Its pretty interesting most of the time.
The other one I have not seen.

Beverley Sims
08-01-2013, 04:29 AM
I must go and broaden my horizons.

Ericaxd
08-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Frock is published online by the folks who operate the British based Gender Society website, a discussion forum not unlike this one. Registration is free, although a paid upgrade is offered.

Deedee Skyblue
08-01-2013, 06:04 PM
I subscribe to the online Frock, and they publish fairly regularly, but sometimes not every month. The format is pretty good; the experience is similar to reading a magazine. I haven't read any of the longer articles that have really interested me, but the last 2 issues they included 'A Beginner's Guide to Breast Forms' which was pretty good stuff, although at a very basic level. One of the members here has actually appeared in Frock. I haven't upgraded to the paid subscription, and won't. But for free, I think the magazine is good value.

Deedee

Krista1985
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm going to echo a lot of the responders before me when I say Frock is a good read, but not familiar with the other one.

I did the free subscription to Frock and it's a very well put together magazine. Pretty polished for a free publication. Highly recommend checking out the free version and then making your own call about the $ one.

Tina B.
08-01-2013, 08:19 PM
I haven't been there in a while, but frock had a free version so you could check them out, I found so cool stuff there. Never heard of Stepping out, but I'll check it out now.
Wow, I went in and checked out the Stepping out program, she sure knows how to sell it, but at that price I would also like to here from someone that has tried it, but I am thinking about that 30 day 100% refund if it's not for you.
It does sound to good to be true, but then who knows, maybe it is true, or maybe you get your money's worth even if it can't deliver everything it promises, umm, I'll have to think about that one.

docrobbysherry
08-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Here's a new one for me. It seems to have a lot of potential.

Transtatic.com

AmyGaleRT
08-02-2013, 01:52 AM
One of the members here has actually appeared in Frock.

Not only that, but our very own Hannah Gotta also draws cartoons for it. :)

- Amy

Cheryl T
08-02-2013, 02:41 AM
Check Frock again. I signed up some time back (free) and receive their Ezine free each month. Nice articles and very up and up.