PDA

View Full Version : Coming out.

Emma Beth
08-02-2013, 04:35 AM
Yesterday I had one of the best experiences ever.

I've been needing to begin building my support network and also needing someone in my family that I can talk to about some of these issues.

I've been thinking and fretting for quite some time as to who the first person I should open up to would be and decided on my Niece because she recently came out about being Bi.

Her openness about being who she is gave me the strength to speak up and I came out to her yesterday.

The response was the one I was hoping for and we bonded in a way that I hadn't expected.

Of course she had some questions and I answered them.

I was so relieved that I now have someone in my Family that I can talk to about this stuff, that I was moved to tears while we were still talking. I'm still a little teary.

She wished that she could have been right there with me to give me a hug, but I appreciated the sentiment.

I have been planning a visit to my Family at the end of September and she and I are both looking so forward to my visit and we already have plans to spend some quality girl time together. She even expressed a desire to paint my nails for me while I'm there.

So, my beginning has gone well and better than expected. My hopes are that things continue with this trend.

Love and Lots of Hugs,
Liz

Jorja
08-02-2013, 05:19 AM
That's one down and only a million to go. :)

Good for you! It helps when we have friends and family that know.

kimdl93
08-02-2013, 06:19 AM
A good start. Hope each step is as successful. At least now you have an ally!

Angiemead12
08-02-2013, 07:19 AM
It is a great start to coming out! But its the parents you got to worry about most of the time.

Emma Beth
08-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Angie, I don't even want to go there just yet. I'm feeling far to good with this one step to let the worries set in again.

I love my niece to death. The best thing is that not only will she be there for me when I need someone to talk to, but she will always have my shoulder to lean on when ever she needs it to.

I Am Paula
08-02-2013, 04:06 PM
So far, everybody I've told about being in transition (about 8 people) have been overwhelmingly supportive. Most have said ' that explains so much' or 'You should have done so years ago'. So far, knock on wood, those I've told have become closer, and more loving towards me.
It's a good feeling.

Ashley D.
08-04-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm so happy to hear you have someone to talk to now.
I came out just over a year ago so I know how your feeling.
I dose get easer to open up as you go along.

DaniG
08-06-2013, 04:56 PM
So very happy for you! :)

MysticLady
08-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm happy for you Liz. Good Luck on your adventure.

groove67
08-06-2013, 10:43 PM
great for you my sister we all need that love and understanding, and you will enjoy more of the same as time moves on. best wishes to you honey