PDA

View Full Version : exercise?

randie
09-26-2004, 12:14 PM
any girls use any good techniques to keep a slim waist and belly without getting a "six pack" look? I have a little chubbiness around my belly and would really like to tone it up but dont want it looking too guyish. I would prefer to keep a little fat there rather than have chisled abs. any tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks girls :)

Bernadina
09-26-2004, 06:00 PM
I thought it might be Ok to have little softness around the middle. And now I can't fit half my clothes and want rid of the excess.

The only excercise I plan on doing is exercising some self control in not eating as much ice cream and chocolate etc.

And as we all know, chocolate, for most of us girls, is a girls 2nd best friend. (Next to diamonds that is.)

http://www.qss.ca/entomology/chocolate2.jpg

Alayna
09-27-2004, 12:48 AM
Me too!! I can't make my self exercise for the sake of exercising. No gyms, barbells, treadmills or stack machines for me! I only exercise when it's a requirement of whatever I'm doing.

From what I've gathered, the only way to get that soft look while still being lean is feminizing hormones. Women have a layer (or larger layer, not sure which) of fat that men just don't have - hence the larger thighs and butt, and smoother looking bodies. The fat hides all the veins and bumps and stuff. I've seen a lot of guys with these traits too though, don't know if it's natural or from hormones, but a lot of girls on this board have great butts and legs!!

On a side note, where does your waist sit (lots of replies please:) )? Supposedly, the natural male waist sits about an inch below the belly button and the natural female waist is about an inch above. I've recently noticed that mine sits an inch or more above my belly button, and that a few girls on here have similar waists. Before the question comes up, yes it is natural and not from modification (like from corsets). A corset has to be tightlaced and worn pretty much every day for hours at a time to change your shape even by a little bit, and I don't wear mine even close to that.

I only recently noticed this because I was taking some detailed measurements. Normally I wouldn't notice it, because while dressed I still have that male-ish box shape with a low waistline - but this comes from our square rib-cages and makes our waists seem even lower than that typical 1 inch below the navel, so it never really crossed my mind as to where mine actually sat.

randie
09-27-2004, 12:08 PM
thanks for the replys girls. Julie, youre point about not being able to specifically target one area is actually kind of good news for me. Other than my bit of a belly bulge I'm quite skinny. I get comments when I wear shorts from people like, "are those your legs? or are you riding a chicken?" or, "what are those peices of string hangin out of your shorts?" :rolleyes: I've always been naturally skinny and dont have very wide shoulders. I developed the belly last winter when I was really depressed and had way too much time off of work for my own good. I drowned my sorrows in beer and fast food. :( bad idea. On a positive note, if i ever get the nerve to go and get a proper corset or good shaper, I think I could squeeze the chubbiness to a more desirable area to add to my figure ;) , lets hope. *fingers crossed*. One of these days ill get up the nerve to take a pic and I can show you all how I look rather than trying to describe myself. :)