PDA

View Full Version : Today is the 1st day of my new life

Courtney . J
08-03-2013, 10:31 AM
well as some of you may remember , a while back i was asking for advice on how to come out to my family and explain to them who i am . the person i wanted to tell the most is my mother , but it seemed that i never got the chance to do it or could never build up enough courage to verbally tell her ,. well last night that all changed .

my mother and l had been having a good day and was talking last night about some things going on in my life , i dont really remember what sparked the conversation but trying to tell her was right on the tip of my tounge all night and she could sense that ,. she finally asked me what was bothering me all night and i just couldnt make myself tell her , i kept telling her i will tell you soon when the time is right ,. i guess she couldnt take it anymore so SHE is the one who brought everything out of me and started the conversation about myself .

she asked me what ,are you gay ? bi-sexual ? a crossdresser ? :eek:

so right then i had to come clean and explain everything to her,. i told her that i have what is known as gender identity disorder , and that as long as i can remember , ive felt that i was born in the wrong body and that i wish i had been born a female ,. she said "well ive kinda had a feeling that something was going on but i just couldnt put my finger on it and was waiting for you to bring it up to me "

i said yes mom im sure you've noticed some of the changes going on in my life recently , she stoped me right there and told me no , she has been noticing things for the past few YEARS , but just didnt know what to think of it all and was hoping that i would come out to her about it .. i asked her what is the things she noticed and she said well , "ive noticed womens panties laying around in your room , some of my nail polish remover missing , and just the way you act or respond to certain things in general life ,. and ive seen you sleeping in silky blouses and womens clothes,. you remember the other night when i gave you a hug and you were wearing that Bra ? i was hoping you would have told me then but you didnt so i let it go "

she explained to me that she is 100% ok with it and was glad that everything is finally out in the open and that i dont have to hide myself anymore and felt bad that ive had to carry that huge weight on my shoulders for all this time,. she told me to just be myself and she will love me no matter what, just like she did 20 minutes ago before this conversation started , and that she will fully support me every step of the way through this new chapter of my life ,. then she said "ive always wanted a daughter ,. who knew that i had one this whole time ! " and she said it with a huge loving smile on her face :)

i also came out to her and told he that i am bi-sexual and even though there is this new side of me ,. i still love doing the things ive always done , wrenching on stuff , getting my hands dirty , racing ,.and i do want a wife and kids some day, but at the end of the day i still like to be feminine and feel beautiful

she asked me if anybody else knew and i told her no , she is the only person in this world that i have told ,. she told me that she will keep it our secret for as long as i want and that she will let me take the steps if i want to tell my close friends , other family and everybody else around me ,. but she also explained to me that this will take her some time to get use to and we'll both be walking through this together

after that , the rest of the night we kept talking and ive never felt more free and i could sense that she was also very relieved and very happy to know the true me .

so today is the first day that i am going to try and be my true self without hiding it ,. im not really sure how im going to do it yet but i will probably start slow ,. right now im wearing my fav pair of skinny girl jeans and a tight black tank top and im thinking i may paint my toe nails , maybe even my finger nails either a bright green or hot pink (any suggestions ? :battingeyelashes:)..but i want to take it slow and not push her through to much too fast and not make it seem that im trying too hard and overly expressing myself

anywhoo i just wanted to share this with you girls here and thank each and every one of you for being on this web site . yall have given me so much courage and understanding that this is a GOOD thing to be going through

Luv ya Girls !!!:hugs:

CJ :daydreaming:

Kandy Barr
08-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Wonderful story, so happy for you. I wish you a happy journey en femme!xxx Kandy

Tami Joy
08-03-2013, 12:21 PM
Courtney go with what makes you happy and feels good to you.Glad that your mother is understanding of who you our.So you go girl.

Beverley Sims
08-03-2013, 12:49 PM
I hope this is the start of something wonderful for you.
You have a great mother.

Princess Grandpa
08-03-2013, 12:58 PM
I am so happy for you! *wipes a tear* such a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing it.

Hug
Rita

Jorja
08-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Mom's, arent they the greatest? Enjoy your new found freedom and make mom proud of her daughter.

Suzanne F
08-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Such a sweet story! Good luck and enjoy yourself!
Suzanne

Franki Kate
08-03-2013, 04:31 PM
How delightfully special. Thank you for sharing such a special moment in your life.

steftoday
08-03-2013, 04:52 PM
your mom is awesome. treasure that relationship, and good luck!

MissTee
08-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Lucky you! What a wonderful and understanding Mom. Do take it slow and give her time to get her bearings on this.

NathalieX66
08-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Great story, congratulations!
I have been fortunate to have many friends who have some degree of GID, though I really don't think it's a disorder. At some point, one has to come to terms with one's self, and move on. Life is worth living......live it!
Love conquers all.

Linda Leigh
08-03-2013, 08:02 PM
You have huge weight off of your shoulders now and your mom is great :) PINK is the color LOL :) I hope everything goes well for you in the future !!!!!!!!!

BLUE ORCHID
08-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Hi Courtney, You have a very special Mom there.

AmyGaleRT
08-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Courtney, how wonderful! Your mother is a very special lady. My mother knows, too, and I think she's still a bit confused by it but is OK with it...and was pleased that I made use of the names she would have given a girl. I don't know if she'll ever think of me as "her daughter Amy," though.

I'll be interested to hear how your mother-daughter bonding goes. :)

- Amy

Emogene
08-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Having read your post I'm just sitting here bathed in a warm, happy glow! God Bless and have joy!

Robin777
08-03-2013, 10:57 PM
You do have a awesome mom. Remember this is the first day of the rest of your life . Enjoy the journey. You have the best support system in the world,your mom.

kimdl93
08-04-2013, 09:25 AM
I love hearing about young people who are finding their way towards acceptance of themselves and acceptance from others, especially family. Congratulation to you and your mom!

Raychel
08-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Awesome Story, I will bet that was a huge weight off your shoulders.
Mothers are truly special people.

Courtney . J
08-04-2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the replies girls , i must say the past 2 days have been great , my mother and i have got along so well and not said a harsh word to each other since ! ,. before this it seems that almost every day we would find something to disagree on , i guess we both had a huge weight on our shoulders and since i have come out of the closet its almost as if all the tension in the air is just gone , poof, GONE ! we have not said a single harsh word to each other since then and have been very loving to each other ,. also watched some girly movies all day yesterday which was fabulous ! ,. but i still got my hands dirty and changed the brakes on her car for her ,.(broke a nail doing it though lol :heehee:) ,.we even went grocery shopping together and went out to eat , and i actually went inside with her and we sat down and enjoyed ourselves and each others company ,. before this i would NEVER do them things , its been truely amazing and i feel so blessed to have such a wonderful mother , its funny , she told me that before i was born she was hoping for a girl , and that they were going to name me ''Athena'' if i had been born a girl ,. i told her na i like Courtney better :heehee: ,. but i may think about it and change my name for her to what it should have been :o

im still trying to build up the courage though to be myself all the time now ,. i have painted my toe nails (bright green btw lol ) but i still find my self wearing socks or full coverage sandals over them , but i am starting to find the courage to start opening up with things , like wearing slightly fem cloths and wearing my fav girl sunglasses around her in the car, also the other night we had a good time together hanging out and listening to mine , plus her favorite music ,always been kind of a rock& roll family but the other night we jammed to some Joan Jett , Madonna , Jackson , Stevie Nicks ,eurythmics sweet dreams , Culture Club - Karma Chameleon , etc .. it was AWESOME !!! :daydreaming:.. plus not having to hide my cloths anymore and being able to sleep in whatever i want without having to change before she woke up , thats been such a relief

its kinda weird but good , and we are both slowly coming into our comfort zones which i know will take some time ,. but ill be sure to keep everybody here up to date along my journey and still come to the girls here for any questions or advice i may have .. id like to thank everybody for being so supportive and i wish yall were closer so i could give each and every one of you a big hug :hugs: Luv ya !

CJ-Athena :)

Princess Grandpa
08-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the update. I do love a happy ending! err beginning.

Hug
Rita

suzanne
08-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Your story brought a tear to my eye. Your moms love and acceptance are a treasure. You are one lucky girl.
And, FWIW, stay away from the pink nail polish ; ) . Once you go there, you'll be hooked for life!

DanielleT
08-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I can understand and relate to everything that has been written in this thread. I remember the day, almost right down to the hour, when I accepted womanhood. I had been dressing for a couple of years, then finally had to admit to myself that whatever my birth sex was, it did not reflect the person I am today.

There are bumps and grinds and for sure I wish some things could be different, I am soo happy with my life today, I love being woman and everything that goes with it.

Courtney . J
08-04-2013, 05:02 PM
haha too late the pink has already covered my heart & soul and its here to stay :o

suzanne im sorry to make you cry lol , i hope it didnt mess up your makeup :hugs: , it brings a tear to my eyes also to know there is such loving people in this world that i dont even know out in the real world , Thank you :hugs:

Diversity
08-04-2013, 06:45 PM
What a loving and understanding mother you are blessed with! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I am very happy for you and it sounds like you are going about things the right way, by taking things slowly to allow your mother (and in the future other family members and friends) time to adjust and accept. Best wishes to you, Courtney.
Di

AmyGaleRT
08-05-2013, 12:51 AM
That's beautiful, Courtney! I don't think I could have imagined a better outcome for you.

"Athena" is a nice name if you want to go with that. It is, of course, a reference to the Greek goddess of wisdom. Very auspicious!

- Amy

Amanda M
08-05-2013, 02:40 AM
Your story made my day. Take care of your Mum, she is priceless. Oh, and by the way, I like Athena......

Courtney . J
08-05-2013, 09:46 AM
That's beautiful, Courtney! I don't think I could have imagined a better outcome for you.

"Athena" is a nice name if you want to go with that. It is, of course, a reference to the Greek goddess of wisdom. Very auspicious!

- Amy

so thats why i have always been a wise arse hehe :heehee:

Courtney . J
08-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Your story made my day. Take care of your Mum, she is priceless. Oh, and by the way, I like Athena......

i will for sure and love doing it more now than ever .

Day-3 , Here we go :daydreaming:

Audrey34
08-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Congratulations Courtney! Such a beautiful story. I almost cried when I read it. Your Mom is wonderful!
-Audrey

DebbieL
08-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Courtney,

Your story moved, touched, and inspired many of us. My mother was very understanding when I was growing up, but back in the 1950s and 1960s, the "treatment" for gender disphoria was more like torture than cure. Mom didn't want me becoming a zombie (lobotomy), so she tried to covertly support me. She taught me to do laundry, to sew, to cook, and to clean - so she could get a job at an office (and afford nicer clothes). She would take me shopping with her and let me pick out her clothes, even if they were too young for her. We had secret signals to indicate when I could take them. A loose knot in pantyhose meant I could wear them. Items left in the "charity" pile could be washed and kept. She even got some go-go boots she could barely even get pulled on, and bought a wig to cover a bad dye job (wore it for about 3 weeks). During the summer, my brother and sister would play with friends down the street, mom would go to work, and I'd be fully dressed as a girl, doing the housework. I enjoyed doing it, and if all they had to do was let me wear some pretty clothes to have a free maid, so much the better.

Unfortunately, puberty hit, hormones changed my body, I outgrew mom's clothes, and a really wonderful time ended.

It sounds to me like you might be more of a transsexual than just a cross-dresser. You might want to talk to a therapist who specializes in gender counseling, and explore the possibility of transition. Depending on your age, you may be able to start hormones, or at least stop the testosterone from screwing things up even more. You will need to decide for yourself, with the help of your therapist, how far you'd really like to go, but the therapist can help you with assignments like going for a drive, going shopping at a strip mall, going shopping at a big mall, going to a restaurant, going to a club, going to a gay bar, going to a lesbian bar, and gradually reaching the point where you find out what works for you, and how to be accepted as the woman you want to be, with or without real breasts!

You need to take it a step at a time. Getting Real Life Experience (aka RLE), can help you decide what you really want. Some decide that it's not worth the hassle to be pretty all the time, and go back to public or private cross-dressing. Nothing wrong with that either.

What's important is that the door is open and you finally have the chance to find out who you REALLY ARE!

You will soon find that, when you relate to people as you really are, and they accept you, that you are closer and more intimate and more loving than you could ever have imagined, like with your mom.

Even if they don't accept you right away, don't feel bad. Some people have to mourn the loss of the caterpillar they once knew before they can love the butterfly you have become. Be compassionate and let them know you love them no matter what.

Tracii G
08-05-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm really happy for you!!
Your Mom is an angel and very special.Give her a hug from me.

Courtney . J
08-16-2013, 06:28 PM
just thought id give the girls a update ,. been going great so far and just now i gave my mom a finger nail make over and painted her nails hot pink ,. OMG !! :)

let hope the night keeps going good and us girls can have a great time ,. ill update in a bit and let yall know how it goes :hugs:

CJ-Athena

Courtney . J
08-18-2013, 05:26 PM
well i wish i had good news but i do not ,. the other night was great ,. but here recently it seems i am being used and taken advantage of by almost everybody in my life right now , mostly by my mom , and i just dont understand it.. its driving me back deep into the bottle of whiskey :drink: and i cant stand it ,. im trying to get past that chapter of my life and people just keep making it grow darker and darker and making me care less about life,.. sometimes i just want to move far away from everybody that i have ever known and start a new life away from everybody from my past

who do good people always finish last and get sh*t on the most ?? :sad:

im very thankful to have people like yall in my life ,. it sure makes my days a little brighter to come hang out here with loving and caring people :hugs:

DanielleT
08-24-2013, 05:23 PM
That is sooo sweet! I remember my first day, when I doffed all my dull shorts and started wearing a bra and panties. I can't think of ever going back.

Maria in heels
08-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Courtney...wonderful news!