PDA

View Full Version : Saved your life?

Stephenie
12-22-2005, 10:28 AM
I've been thinking alot lately about what would have happened if I had not got married 24 yrs ago. What would I have done after living alone with what back then was something that could not be revield. Before the internet and a more liberal society there was not much choice for a Hetrosexual male Cd. I am begining to see that I might not have made it to here alone. Drinking or drugs would have ended thing long ago.

What about some of you other older Girls. Do you feel that getting married even if it ment hiding from your wife might have saved your life?

FionaAlexis
12-22-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi Stephenie,

No, I don't think it saved my life - it took me in a new direction and, for a time, being married and, more particularly, being a parent pushed my TG life and struggles into the background.

While I struggled with being TG for much of my life, it has been much more about the wastefulness of it and the need for a personal solution, rather than guilt and anguish.

This is, particularly, the time of year when family comes to the fore and we count our blessings - and reflect that the compromise of marriage is better than the loneliness of freedom. Maybe that is only true of me because I am a migrant and the rest of my family are half a world away. But I think all those emotions are exaggerated at Christmas.

Fiona xx

size7satin
12-22-2005, 06:47 PM
I have said this before in the forum. My grandmother saved my life not because of crossdressing but because of my sexuality and me not understanding bi-sexuality or gay was something a family could overcome. When I did marry my wife it "saved" me from being the last unmarried child of the family and not a whole lot more.

erica12b
12-22-2005, 06:48 PM
it scares me to think of what might have been, i meet my ex just after i had dressed allout and gone for drives ,i was struggiling with my dressing and had no internet to help.
at 40 im more sucure than i was, but still dont know how to handle some of my feelings and thoughts.
i know i want a gg,to love and im not into guys ,but when dressed there are thoughts , ill half to see where they lead me ,and live with it after, deep thughts for the holiday seasion sorry ,just having a hard time today

erica

Stephanie Brooks
12-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Marriage saved my life?

Nope.

Stephenie
12-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Thank you all for your responces. Hope you all have a great Christmas.

Stephanie Brooks
12-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Merry Christmas to you too Stephenie!

Btw, I'd actually started to craft a much longer response, but it became far too personal. Please pardon if the final one was a bit terse.

racquel
12-24-2005, 09:59 PM
I am not totally sure where I would be today if I had not been with my wife the last twenty-one years.
She has no doubts about it,she say's i'd be dead.:eek: