PDA

View Full Version : Pride Brighton - Enthusiastic makeup consultant

irenetancd
08-04-2013, 07:11 AM
For Pride London this year, I did my own makeup. Since I was not good at it, it took me 2 hours to do so. Add another 2-3 hours for commuting to London and another 2 hours before the Parade began, that was a total 6-7 hours preparation. Unfortunately my face got really oily then.

For Pride Brighton, I hope someone from the makeup counter can help me with that. Perhaps a makeup of just 1-2 hour before the parade will minimise the "oily face" problem. I went to one counter and bought a skincare product and then asked for advice about makeup on an oily skin. I also ask for her help to do my makeup (will be contented with a simple one).

Fortunately, she was very enthusiastic and end up doing a full makeup. Very heavy eye makeup too. Her colleague said I look like Jessica Rabbit. I had several girls shouting at me during the parade, "You look gorgeous". Thanks, Nadia!

Raychel
08-04-2013, 07:16 AM
I have to agree "You look gorgeous"

Love the outfit, I will bet you had a great time.

kimdl93
08-04-2013, 07:19 AM
Really gorgeous! Hope you had a great time!

LaSirenaBella
08-04-2013, 08:05 AM
I so agree, Irene!

Kim_Bitzflick
08-04-2013, 08:42 AM
I have to agree "You look gorgeous"

Love the outfit, I will bet you had a great time.

What else is there to say?

Sonia_cd
08-04-2013, 09:05 AM
There is no way you're a cd! You most certainly look gorgeous and that dress is to die for!

Beverley Sims
08-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Irene,
Definitely "Absolutely Fabulous."

jenni_xx
08-04-2013, 12:02 PM
There is no way you're a cd! You most certainly look gorgeous and that dress is to die for!

A backhanded compliment within a CD community if ever there was one.

Sabrina133
08-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Wow, i aree with all - absolute gorgeous. And that dress is to fie for. I'd love to have it.

Julie Denier
08-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Yep, "gorgeous" says it for me, too ;)

Sonia_cd
08-04-2013, 11:57 PM
A backhanded compliment within a CD community if ever there was one.

How exactly did you arrive at that? May I request you to refrain from attributing insult to a statement where none was ever intended?
"There is no way you're a CD = You look naturally feminine and as good as, if not better than, a GG"

And Irene, just so we are clear, I think you look fantastic! :)

Sonia

stephNE
08-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Honey, your make up looks perfect! And the dress (an you) look very cute!

Lacyfem
08-05-2013, 08:21 AM
You are delightfully georgeous from body to makeup.....

robindee36
08-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Nadia, you do look absolutely gorgeous. Lovely outfit and accessories. You certainly were a bright spot in Brighton that day.

Makeup....there is just something in their skill that allows these sales associates/makeup artists to bring out so much of our beauty that we off times miss. Perhaps it is their years of experience, many GG's start doing makeup in their pre-teen years. By the time their our age (speaking for myself only ;) they have decades of experience to draw on. In your case, I think the eye treatment is so special.

Now you need to reproduce the look at home and go on to be one of the beauties of our CD culture.

Hugs, Robin

sandra-leigh
08-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Nadia, perhaps you would mention the store name and location so people have an idea where to head if they are in the area?

Is it a dress you are wearing, or is it a top with pencil skirt combination ?

Looking at the picture, I am put in mind of some of the pieces I have seen at Long Tall Sally ?

Trishpdxcd2
08-06-2013, 11:14 AM
You really are beautiful!

irenetancd
08-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Nadia is the SA / makeup artist.
That is a peplum dress.

Photography angle is crucial. This is the only picture which shows the curves (although my right hand was not ready, but oh well...).
Hip pad, butt pad, waist cincher, peplum design, large hat, black colour help in feminising the body shape.