PDA

View Full Version : Getting Dressed Ritual

crystalbath
08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Hey Girls

Is it just me that when you have a free night or your SO leaves the house you have this ritual that you do?

Mines is that i literally make for the bathroom for a cleaning session then after thats done i get my clothes out and carefully make up a very cute outfit and the rest follows. Was think about this earlier and wondered if its just me or if any of you do it too :)

Thanks for reading
Kristy x

Tina B.
08-04-2013, 04:15 PM
No ritual for me, I just deiced wither I want to look like a guy or a girl, and dress accordingly.

JBPerry
08-04-2013, 04:51 PM
for me, currently it all depends on where we are going.....if on base, then no overtly female tops, no overtly female pants and no to my slippers that are like ballet flats.....if off base, then no dresses or skirts (I don't have a wig and I have nothing close to long hair so if someone sees me from work they would know its me)

jim1991
08-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Well I just take a quick shower and shave 3x, apply most of the makeup, then decide on what I want to wear, wear it, finish makeup, and then add accessories (wig LOL). Pretty standard it takes about an hr or so but love every second of it.

SO may or may not help.

RenneB
08-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Used to be when I worked from home, getting the SO and offspring off to school and I was 'free' until the school bus came to drop them off. Now, working 12 hour from home, aside from having to dress as a boy for work, I'm 'free' to do what I want... love it.

Renne.....

BLUE ORCHID
08-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi Crystal, I usually plan what I'm going to wear during the day after my shower open the closet door and it just happens.

MysticLady
08-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Hi Kristy. I remember I used too get all giddy also. Now, I'm just a lazy slob and spend my time on this forum in my guy comfys.:D

Beverley Sims
08-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Back in the dim dark ages when I had little dressing time and relations were less stable, I did that too.
Wait till things stabilize. That is a rite of passage.

AmyGaleRT
08-05-2013, 12:33 AM
My full transformation ritual begins with picking out the clothes I'll be wearing. Then, where necessary, I'll paint my nails and let them dry before entering the bathroom and setting my phone to play my "girly" Pandora station.

I shave my face closely (having likely already done my legs, etc. the night before), fix my eyebrows with my little trimmer, and apply moisturizer. Then I apply other things like lotion to my legs and arms, Secret, and some baby powder, before getting into my undergarments, including my bra and forms.

Then it's on to my makeup, usually the concealer layer first, then my eyes (liner, shadow, mascara), then my foundation or compact makeup, then powder and blush, and lastly my lips (liner, lipstick).

Then I pull the ponytail holder from my hair and brush it out into Amy's style. (This is the part where Amy really begins to appear.) Then my outer garments go on, then my jewelry (including hair ornaments), and my shoes. By now I might be practically dancing while I'm getting everything on, if the music is good.

After that, I'll prepare my purse if I haven't already, maybe add a touch of perfume, and then walk out to the living room to ask Sabrina, "How do I look?" in my Amy-voice. :)

- Amy

Lynn Marie
08-05-2013, 01:58 AM
Yes there is definitely a ritual in getting en femme and dressed accordingly. Even getting dressed in guy mode involves a ritual and an order of things needing to be done before we pull on our cowboy boots and saddle up for the day!

stephNE
08-05-2013, 06:48 AM
With two sons living at home, my wife and I go out of town so I can dress for a day or two. It take quite a bit of planning to prepare a couple outfits, and the right jewelry and makeup. And then when you get there, you find you have forgotten something - like when its time to go home and you have no nail polish remover.

Cheryl T
08-05-2013, 07:43 AM
I used to do that all the time before I couldn't take it anymore and just spilled the beans.
I was lucky and she is totally accepting so now I dress whenever I please and no longer have to "steal" a few moments or hours to be me.

Mollyanne
08-05-2013, 08:09 AM
No ritual for me, I just get dressed as any gurl would!!!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THEN BEING ENFEMME!!!!!!!

Molly

Julie Denier
08-05-2013, 12:17 PM
My opportunities to dress are few and far between, so the ritual of getting dressed up is very exciting and fills me with anticipation. I only dress when traveling for work or know I'll be alone at home for at least 24 hours, so I don't have to worry about being interrupted. I start with a shower and shave, then apply some face primer while I don my foundation garments. Next comes makeup - foundation, bronzer, eyes, cheeks, lips. Then I slip into my dress and slide on my heels. Then earrings, necklace and bracelet. Finally, my wig - and then I am Julie. God, I can't wait for my next chance to dress ... ;)