PDA

View Full Version : What do you wear under your wig

Lacamas
12-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Just wondering what kind of wig cap does everyone use.

I have tried a few wig caps but they keep on falling apart on me.

Right now i am using a thigh high nylons with the gripping elastic at the top.

It seems to be holding up so far, at least for the last month.

Does anyone have any suggestions online to buy any decent wig caps that will last.

JulieFL
12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
I might be mistaken, but I believe they are made to be semi disposable.

Wear them 2 or 3 times then throw them out.

JulieFL

Michelle Hart
12-22-2005, 11:21 AM
I use the "dew wrap" that a lot of black people wear. It's kinda like a nylon skull cap.

works really well.

MsEva
12-22-2005, 12:27 PM
I just use my little head..au natural. My hair is cut fairly short and is fairly coarse so the wig seems to be ok without any help.:D

Imogen_Mann
12-22-2005, 01:09 PM
My hair's clipped down to a wahl No.2, going even shorter this weekend, back to my prefered No.1 'Skinhead'. My wig stays put when my hair is this short, it's natures own Velcro !

I assume that, when the time comes and the top of my natural wears a bit thin, then the effect will be lessened somewhat... Not sure what I'll do then.

I too had heard (from a late friend who had cancer treatment) that the skullcaps were disposable, she wore them weekly, and disposed, going for a new one every saturday evening, as Saturday was her night out and so it was the day she wanted to look AGAP.
XX

Jayme

Shelly Preston
12-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi
I have sewn in the silicone band from a thigh high stocking and it has lasted for ages

I am begining to think the wig will fall apart first

It works very well even when I brush my hair

Sam-antha
12-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Just my hair, which is not too long.
Otherwise, I wear nothing below my wig.

Bonnie D
12-22-2005, 03:28 PM
I had ordered a wig cap and when it arrived I put it on and then my wig and it didn't seem to do anything. There was no difference with or without the wig cap. So I'm not sure of its purpose. My natural hair is relatively short but not cropped.

Bonnie

Imogen_Mann
12-22-2005, 05:18 PM
I think some wig caps are supposed to lend adhesion, while others are intended to hide what hair lies underneath, avoiding 'two-tone' around the edges.

XX

Jayme

Julie York
12-22-2005, 05:46 PM
I wear a bald head under mine.

I have a link somewhere were you can get one. Though I think you can get one on Ebay at very reasonable prices.

:D