PDA

View Full Version : Female Business Card

Michelle (Oz)
08-05-2013, 01:02 AM
I have sometimes seen references in this forum to female 'business' cards for handing out. Until now I have not thought it necessary to have a Michelle card but I had an occasion last week that a card would have been useful.

What information do those who have a card include. I am worried that my mobile/cell phone number might be connected to my male self. Has anyone had a problem including their phone number?

Thanks
Michelle

AmyGaleRT
08-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Michelle, this is the one I use:
I don't have a phone number on it, just my E-mail address, Facebook URI, and my ID on here. (I probably should have spelled out "Crossdressers.com" though. And included my Pinterest. Next printing, definitely.)

I did these with an old copy of Microsoft Publisher and some Avery perforated business card stock. The script font is "ILS Script," which is close to the lettering used by my favorite band on their albums. :)

- Amy

Beverley Sims
08-05-2013, 01:35 AM
Get yourself another sim card no and stick it in your phone when necessary.
Otherwise get a phone that will accept two sim cards.
Get an unlocked phone and Virgin has a $5.00 a month deal that would let you make calls.
The other one could be Telstra or any other Australian provider.
Ruth has the card although I would ask what lady in training is all about if I was a complete stranger. :)
If you are not worried about receiving calls just buy a two dollar sim card and don't register it.
When the other party rings up..... A message, "This card is not activated yet", pops up.

Lynn Marie
08-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Cute card Amy. My card simply has my picture, my girl mode email address and my Flickr site. If folks want to call me, we can make contact by email first.

Persephone
08-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Use mine all the time out in the world as a woman. Meet people and need a way for them to get in contact.

My cards, printed by vistaprint.com, have my femme name, my pre-retirement title of "Training Consultant," my cell phone number and my email address.

Cell phone has caller ID and I pretty much always answer in my femme voice anyway so it doesn't matter.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Rogina B
08-05-2013, 05:12 AM
If you aren't going to thumb tack them to bathroom walls and public cork boards then you can give contact info to suit whom you choose to hand the card to. E mail screening doesn't always work well if contact has to be in real time where your cell # is needed.

linda allen
08-05-2013, 09:22 AM
If you're not "out" to the world, any information you give out could end up in the wrong hands and causing you grief.

If you have seoerate e-mail accounts for your male and female self, that would be OK. A link to this forum and your identity on this forum would be OK.

I would'nt recommend putting a phone number or e-mail that's shared with your male self unless you're out to the world, including your job and family.

Lorileah
08-05-2013, 09:43 AM
I have two different cards. One for the people I want to have my cell number. One for those I don't (but has a blank spot to write it later).

Styles have included my full photo, just my legs, or portrait. I have my e-mail on all of them.

Michelle (Oz)
08-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks to all for your helpful input. Nice femme card Amy!!

kimdl93
08-05-2013, 06:27 PM
This is a great idea. I'm part ways out with business associates...but my real name is Kim, so maybe I don't need a new card after all.

divamissz
08-05-2013, 10:38 PM
I use Vistaprint, which seems to have the best deals. My cards have:

My name
My hometown
My email address
My blog address
My Twitter and Facebook handles

If I want someone to have my phone number I'll write it on the back. Otherwise I tell people it's faster to send me a DM on Twitter to get in touch with me.

Sarah V
08-17-2013, 10:07 AM
I have a Sarah card. It has been a good thing to have.