PDA

View Full Version : Sunday afternoon at my office

FrillyShelly
08-05-2013, 08:53 AM
I have a small part time business & I needed to do some work on a Sunday afternoon. ( I rent a small office in a building that's shared with about another 30 businesses) and there was NO WAY I was going to that in drab was I?? So I got into the office, it's quiet as a mouse, unlock the door, disable the alarm and get all prettied up and settle down to work for a bit.

After about 30 minutes or so, I go down the hallway to get a glass of water from the water cooler and sure enough...... I set off the building alarm !!!! GACK !! I jumped so high and I swear I nearly wet my panties. I have to RUN down the other hallway, down the stairs (in heels dammit) to disable the alarm AGAIN !! and then run back upstairs and then UP the hallway to my office and close the door........
All the while I'm having a heart attack because when the alarm goes off, security automatically come along to check the disturbance, if it takes too long to disable the alarm, the police can come as well....... and I'd rather not explain to EITHER why I'm in the building wearing a pretty pink dress without security pass & building keys (no pockets in a satin dress !!).

It would have taken faaaaarr too long to get changed first & then disable the alarm - so I HAD to do it all prettied up and hope like hell I don't run into anybody........ thankfully I didn't !!!! OMG my heart was pounding & my hands were shaking so much I could hardly press the buttons on the alarm panel - did I mention I was wearing satin gloves too ?? that made it so much harder.

Aaayyaaayaaayaayaayyyayy!!!! why do I have to have such a difficult hobby ?? I looked something like this at the time:

wishing2bali
08-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Gasp! I thought I had it bad when I hear the faintest noise outside, and freak out thinking someone is home. That would be scary. Sounds like a "whew" moment to me.

monalisa
08-05-2013, 09:19 AM
You could have said you were a damsel in distress if the police showed up. Can't imagine if they took you down to the station and put you in the police line up. At least you would get some free photos. I think you look very pretty so you shouldn't worry.

bomba
08-05-2013, 09:21 AM
sounds very exciting and i really love your dress...where did u get it

Stephanie47
08-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Does the place have security cameras that record the common areas?

Beverley Sims
08-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Shelly,
You would have looked quite a picture helping the Queensland police with their inquiries. :)

Persephone
08-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Well, one thing for sure, you look awesome! That is such a lovely outfit!

I have to RUN down the other hallway, down the stairs (in heels dammit) to disable the alarm AGAIN !! and then run back upstairs and then UP the hallway to my office and close the door........
All the while I'm having a heart attack because when the alarm goes off, security automatically come along to check the disturbance, if it takes too long to disable the alarm, the police can come as well....... and I'd rather not explain to EITHER why I'm in the building wearing a pretty pink dress without security pass & building keys (no pockets in a satin dress !!).

Now that you are relaxed and recomposed, think about how it could have been worse -- as you ran down the hall you could have heard the slight "snick" of your office door as it closed and locked behind you with your keys inside your office...

Suggestion: Make a spare office key into a cute bangle bracelet so you can wear it next time.

Hugs,
Persephone.

natalie_cheryl
08-05-2013, 12:27 PM
well that is a really cute dress i honesty really love it first of all and secondly that is a great story and something i can see happening to and has in very similar way lol congrats on surviving it though

Ashley Lyn
08-05-2013, 12:40 PM
I LOVE the outfit as well.. Truthfully, I have several that are very similar, tho' my tastes have changed more to 'legs and short skirts', than the 'little girl' look, tho the SO often suggests I 'pretty up' in a frilly dress 'just for fun'.. After our third date (when the cat was out of the bag), we both dressed up in one.. She certainly looked better than I, BUT...

Ericaxd
08-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I have a recurring dream like that--stepping out when I think it's safe then suddenly something happens--locked out of the house, or the magazine sweepstakes guy shows up with a big check and TV crew.

Tami Joy
08-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Shelly loved your story as well as the dress.

nicky_im_cd
08-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Be careful next time:)
By the way I like how you dressed

FrillyShelly
08-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Does the place have security cameras that record the common areas?

OMG !!! now you've given me something new to think about............. I don't know !??!??!?!?!

BLUE ORCHID
08-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Hi Shelly, You like living on the edge don't you.

FrillyShelly
08-07-2013, 07:42 AM
I have a recurring dream like that--stepping out when I think it's safe then suddenly something happens--locked out of the house, or the magazine sweepstakes guy shows up with a big check and TV crew.

Magazine sweepstakes guy - Now THAT'S funny !! How about Oprah or Ellen knocking on your door ?

FrillyShelly
08-11-2013, 05:08 AM
OMG !!! now you've given me something new to think about............. I don't know !??!??!?!?!

Security cameras on on the outside only..... Pheweewwww !!! LOL