PDA

View Full Version : Trans friendly doctors in London ontario

Megan G
08-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Hi all,

I was just wondering if any of the girls on here can recommend a trans friendly doctor in the london ontario area?

I have been seeing a psychologist for a while now and it's time to get the ball rolling and get on hormones. I just do not trust my current doctor for many reasons.

Thanks

Trisha

whowhatwhen
08-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi.
Check this out: http://rrconsulting.ca/docs/RRConsulting_PhysiciansForTransPeople_2013.pdf

If you're looking to see an endo I'm pretty sure you need to get a referral first which means you have to tell your doctor.
I don't really like my current doctor either but he said he'd write one for me once I found an endo willing to handle me.

Marleena
08-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Trisha you can also try here: http://transgenderlondon.com/index.html Contact the site owner, Kimberly and she can help you with everything.

I Am Paula
08-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Hi Trisha. I have a great endo, with years of transexual experience here in Guelph. An hour from London. His name is Cameron Purdon. You could ask your GP for a reference. I hope you find someone closer, but a drive to Guelph isn't so bad when you consider Dr. P's extensive experience. He actually calls me to ask how I'm doing.
Good luck. I'm in London weekly, PM me if you'd like to meet.

A psychologist, or gender therapist may be able to get you the referral.
A walk in clinic GP may also do the same. I started at the walk in, who referred me to the endo, who called the therapist, who sent my letter to the endo.

Megan G
08-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks all,

I contacted Kimberly from the site mentioned above and she told me about a fertility clinic in the area that handles HRT. Suprisingly that same night I had an appointment with my psychologist and she also recommended the same place...

I see my doctor next week and will be asking for a referral to them.

Thanks

Trisha

Marleena
08-10-2013, 04:49 PM
That's good to hear Trish! You'll be seeing Dr. Martin. He's a nice guy. Just so you know there will most likely be more cis couples there than TS girls. I have only seen one possible TS patient there in 3 visits.

Megan G
08-10-2013, 06:03 PM
That's good to hear Trish! You'll be seeing Dr. Martin. He's a nice guy. Just so you know there will most likely be more cis couples there than TS girls. I have only seen one possible TS patient there in 3 visits.

I'm good with that, I know they specialize with fertility so I would expect that. The only thing that concerns me is he has the experience..

Marleena
08-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Yep...he's been treating TS patients for a very long time. He has a good track record. If you need to know anything more just PM me.

I Am Paula
08-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Trisha, sounds like you've found a good one. So glad for you. HRT saved my life.