PDA

View Full Version : Knoxville, TN

DeeArel
08-08-2013, 12:53 AM
I just completed a wonderful evening in Knoxville. It has been 17 years since I was last out in this city. Things have changed but the friendly attitude of the residents has remained the same.

The evening started out with a shopping excursion. Dressbarn, Doncaster, and Chico's at Turkey Creek are all very friendly. I found a great pair of earrings at Chico's. All had sales but unfortunately I have already bought everything that I liked on other adventures.

The two malls are also welcome our business.

After shopping, it was off to the clubs. XYZ, Club Exile, The Edge,and The Carousel II are all gurl friendly. However, the first three did not have many patrons which is not how I remember a Wednesday in Knoxville. The music was low and the clientele was friendly. I engaged in several lengthy conversations with both GG's and GM's. This is definitely an advantage on going someplace on a slow night.

The last stop was the Carousel. Talent night. Again a sparse crowd.

All four of these night spots host shows on Friday and Saturday

The Carousel is currently open only Wed, Fri, & Sat. They open on some Sundays for special events. Wed is talent night

Club Exile is closed on Sun & Mon. Ownership will be changing on Labor Day. They plan to close for a few days and reopen that Friday. After which, it will be open 7 days. After the sale, the planned new name is Krysttophers or Krysttoffers.

XYZ and the Edge are open 7 days. XYZ has the feel of a local bar as does Exile

I enjoyed the stay and am now planning my return visit

Jolene Robertson
08-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Hi Dee,

Glad you had a good experience while here. Sorry I couldn't catch up with you, maybe next time.

Hugs
Jolene

Paula Klein
08-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Dee -

Sounds like a busy night! I was born and raised in Knoxville, but life moved me away about 25 years ago ... long before 'Paula' came to be. Glad to see that Knoxville isn't the sleepy, "red-necky" town I remember. I do get back every now and then (mainly to go to the mountains), so I'll have to try out the clubs and shopping the next time. I imagine I'll be posting for shopping partners then!

Paula

ArleneRaquel
08-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Lovely pics darlin. It is so wonderful that you had such a fabulous experience. Best Wishes !

Tracii G
08-08-2013, 04:56 PM
K town is a nice place just watch your purse if you are on Broadway.