PDA

View Full Version : Wig Question

Lisa Marie
12-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Do any of you ladies in here sleep with your wig on?

Jodi
12-22-2005, 08:45 PM
I do not and have never done so. Would be very uncomfortable, and could press the wig out of its natural style.

Jodi

Deidra Cowen
12-22-2005, 08:57 PM
I have slept in my wig and makeup several times. Its the greatest feeling to wake up in the morning and still be en femme. Sure the makeup has worn off a bit and the wig is messy. But its a great feeling. (Its heck on your pillow case and covers however...LOL...I have ruined several doing it.)

Love getting a cup of coffee and lighting up a cig as a fem in the mornings! :thumbsup:

TGMarla
12-22-2005, 10:09 PM
No.

DanaJ
12-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Me neither - I just don't know how it would stay on all night, the way I toss and turn - it would probably end up across the room :D

Sharon
12-22-2005, 10:29 PM
No.

Karren H
12-23-2005, 02:24 AM

Yes I have on numerous occassions. And I've discovered that if your going to stay enfemme the next day its fine. But if your going to switch back to male mode then you better beware of the deep line accross your forehead that the wig can leave. Sometimes takes half a day to completely dissapear!

So even tough dressed enfemme in my nightie I may or may not wear my wig to bed depending on the next days schedule.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/karrenhutton/detail?.dir=c6b8&.dnm=2c4d.jpg&.src=ph

Love Karren

rachel_rachel
12-23-2005, 02:25 AM
Not as such, i've fallen asleep while wearing it though. Took it off when i went to bed so as not to ruin it.

MsJanessa
12-23-2005, 10:06 AM
It depends on who I'm sleeping with---if I'm alone I usually take it and My makeup off---If I'm with somebody I usually leave it and My makeup on--there is no better feeling than being awoken by a lover who is worshipping Me as a Lady(lol) Ms Janessa:dom:

Christina Nicole
12-23-2005, 03:13 PM
No. Wearing a wig to bed would be bad for the wig. They are too expensive to risk damaging. On the other hand, I've seen clearance priced wigs on-line for less than $50. At that price, wear it to bed, wash the floor with it, whatever! It's cheap enough.

Another thought...

Anyone who has shopped for wigs has seen the wide range of prices. The on-line places charge far less than wig shops. One could assume that wig shops are just gouging, but I know that the on-line prices are much less than the prices wig shops pay for the same items from the same manufacturers. I knew the owner of a local wig shop. She was a great person and is dearly missed by all who knew her. I had printed some pages of some wigs I had seen on-line to see if she could get those styles. She was shocked at the prices displayed. She told me and showed me her costs which were higher than the on-line prices.

I am at a loss to explain the difference. The only explaination we could come up with is that the wigs sold by TG places and on-line are "seconds." Anyone know?

If one is going to dress up and sit home, a second is ok. But if one is going out, a first quality wig is a must. Women can spot bad hair, a bad style, and a bad dye job a mile away. I'm sure they can spot a bad wig at least as easily.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Marlena Dahlstrom
12-24-2005, 02:04 AM
The only explaination we could come up with is that the wigs sold by TG places and on-line are "seconds."

Nope. The magic words are "volume discount." Online retailers typically do much bigger volumes than your local shops so they can get price breaks from the manufacturers. Their costs are often minimal because they're often drop-shipping directly from the manufacturer (i.e. they take the order and relay it to the manufacturer, who ships it directly to the customer). And because they're doing a volume-based business model, the online retailers are willing to accept a lower mark-up than local retailers.

It's a scenario that's played out in a lot of industries and often can be a bit of a headache for manufacters who have to keep all their channel partners happy.

BTW, I don't wear a wig to be. Bad for the wig.

Christina Nicole
12-24-2005, 12:00 PM
I am familiar with volume discounts of 10 or 15%. Sometime there may be discounts for volume of up to 25% or so. But I was talking about price differences where the on-line price is 50% or less than the cost to a local shop. Is there that much margin for the manufacturers? That would mean that they are getting 200% though the normal retail channel or only a couple of percent margin though the on-line channel. How many wigs get sold on-line? It can't be that huge of a multple.

I also know of a local TG transformation place that charges prices that are the same level as the on-line places. She can't be dealing in that big of a volume. She sells European Naturals wigs, a good brand, for $70-90. I know other stores cannot get wigs at that price.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

miss_sarah
12-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I run a home based computer parts & repair business, and often find that Walmart/Circuit City/Best Buy prices are almost always well under even MY COST from distrubution. The only way I could truly compete price-wise is to place outrageously large orders for the bulk price breaks, which obviously isn't going to happen... as if I have room to store it all, let alone the capital up front to place the order. I'm betting that's exactly what some online sellers are doing, even though it may take years to sell that stock and see ROI. *shrug* But what do I know? :) The 2 wigs I do have we bought through ebay sellers, one (in the avatar) I really love, the other... eh, not so hot (blonde bob cut is NOT for me! lol). There's something to be said for being able to see/try on something like that before dropping the cash, but when you live in a small town like we do, it's either a long drive to find a decent shoppe or order online. I try to support locally owned businesses whenever I can though :)

On Topic: Never sleep in my wig! Echo others, too important to risk destroying. And I read earlier in the thread someone sleeping in makeup? Honey! That's terrible for your skin! :hugs:

Shelly2069
12-24-2005, 04:24 PM
The on-line places charge far less than wig shops. One could assume that wig shops are just gouging, but I know that the on-line prices are much less than the prices wig shops pay for the same items from the same manufacturers. I knew the owner of a local wig shop.

I'm not sure what the difference is between what online retailers and an actual wig shop pays for wigs, but many wig shops are smart and have an ebay store.

Anyhow I know for fact some of the online sites are nothing more than a home-based business. Wig shops have rent, insurance and the rest of the bills to foot. My friend Kathy has run her wig shop for 20 something years and her prices are comparable with the online stores. I guess because she has an ebay store to.

There's also the personal factor involved when giving special attention to cancer patients or even helping the seniors. An E-sale doesn't cut the mustard in these situations.

victoria
12-24-2005, 05:25 PM

Not anymore. I tried it a couple of times and spent too much time tossing and turning and ended up with a lousy nite's sleep. Now I just sleep en femme minus the wig :o