PDA

View Full Version : The first time I got caught

DonnaA
08-08-2013, 05:50 PM
When I was about 15 years old or so, my mother was going through one of my drawers. She found a few of my sister's "things" (panties, pantyhose, etc.) in there. She didn't think anything of it. She thought that she had accidentally put them there.

When I was 17-18 years old, my mother was going through one of my drawers again, even though I told her not to. She found numerous "things" (panties, pantyhose, stockings, tights, etc.) that I had purchased. But she didn't say anything, at least not directly. She just acted kind of "funny" for a couple of days.

I finally asked her what was bugging her. She screamed at me something about "wasting money on stupid s--t" and "nonsense". After a few minutes, I checked my "crossdressing drawer". Sure enough, someone (I assume my mother) had gone through it. My secret was out.

To this day (almost 30 years later), my mother has still never directly discussed it with me. I don't think my father ever knew. I suspect that my sister may have known something, but she never said anything either.

Do you want to know the strange thing here? My mother seemed to be somewhat bothered by the fact that I was a transvestite. But she seemed to be MORE bothered by the financial aspect of it (the fact that I was "wasting money on nonsense"). The fact that I was spending money on women's clothing was more annoying to her than the fact that I was a transvestite. She was more concerned about the financial aspect of it. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

I think that, over the years, my mother reluctantly accepted the fact that I am a transvestite. But she has never directly mentioned it to me. Generally speaking, she is an open-minded person. My father was too.

The first time I ever got caught in "full drag" was when I was in college. I went away to college, and I had a roommate. One day, when my roommate wasn't supposed to be there, I got "dressed up". I was wearing satin and lace panties, silky sheer pantyhose, lingerie, etc. The next thing I know, my roommate walks in. He sees me "dressed up". He was caught off guard for a few minutes. But, after a little while, he relaxed. And he even started asking me about my "things". He seemed to be somewhat interested. He promised me that he wouldn't tell anyone. I assume that he kept his word because no one ever said anything to me. He never mentioned it to me again. He just seemed so "cool" about it. It barely phased him. He didn't act differently towards me or anything like that. He just continued acting as if nothing had ever happened.

Princess Grandpa
08-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Maybe Mom went off on the financial aspect of it more because that is easier than being angry at her son for being a cross dresser? If I focus on the waste of money, I don't really have to think about what your doing with the clothes your buying.

Your roommate is a wonderful human being. There should be more such people in the world.

Only a week or two after joining this site I finally had an outfit. Not panties, not nighties, but a skirt and top. I had a bra with home made breast forms and I am sitting in my office working when I hear from the back door my son's voice "Hello" What a day that was. Just thinking about it brings some of the emotions back. Dad was right I really am a P***y. Well at least now I understand why.

Hug
Rita

Jodie_Lynn
08-08-2013, 06:26 PM
It sounds like your Mom used transference: She was totally uncomfortable about the thought of you being "gay" (yes, I know, two different things, but to the uninitiated.... ), so she transferred her anxiety and fear to the financial aspect of the issue, rather than face an unbearable ( to her) truth.

Beverley Sims
08-09-2013, 11:07 AM
It is difficult to think what your mother thought, and your friend was cool obviously as long as you never patted him on the bum you could remain friends and room mates.