PDA

View Full Version : I spotted another one of us

Sometimes Steffi
08-08-2013, 11:16 PM
I was in drab shopping in the Women's department of SteinMart. And there was a couple shopping at a nearby rack. The guy seemed unusually interested in the shopping. He was basically dressed male, blue jeans and a jersey top. He had gray hair down to the shoulders, and was wearing a floppy hat which kind of covered his face. He was carrying what appeared to be a cross body hand bag.

I knew from recent posts not to out him, and I didn't want to stare to really confirm my first impression. Anyhow, I didn't find anything I had to have at a price I was willing to pay. So, just before I left, I went up to the woman as said, "I have some discount coupons that I'm not using if you would like to have them." And I handed her the coupons. As I was leaving I heard them say, well we'll definately have to get something now.

Did I pass the test?

NathalieX66
08-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Well....it wasn't me. You have to come to New Jersey for that.
However, I was born& raised in the DC area.....the Maryland side specifically.

Peace & Love, peace & love ...as Ringo always says.

Beverley Sims
08-09-2013, 01:03 AM
That is a nice way of "springing" someone.:)

Naomi Newman
08-09-2013, 03:15 AM
i think if we can spot others, others can spot us, we cant hide behind what we are just show and push what we are and not be ashamed.

Rabecca
08-09-2013, 07:06 AM
You handled that very well. I would think that should have started a conversation.
To bad it stalled out.

deebra
08-09-2013, 12:32 PM
It would have been nice if you could have done something that would have let him/her know that you were a CD too such as when you handed the coupons showed your painted fingernails and a little wink.

mikiSJ
08-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I think the simple act of giving something away you didn't need says more about you than your ability to spot "one of us". Good for you.

~Joanne~
08-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Did I pass the test?

Wait a minute.....nobody said anything to Me about a test lol I better go study up ;)

Tracii G
08-09-2013, 01:26 PM
You did a nice thing and it seems they appreciated the gesture.

robindee36
08-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Way to go girl. Very nicely handled. Occasionally I encounter another drab looking through the ladies sections when I am. At most we exchange a smile or nod of understanding, nothing more. I expect these encounters will increase as we enter the Cross-Dressers National Holiday, Halloween. That's when a lot of us hit the dress shops. I certainly will be.

Hugs, Robin

Princess Grandpa
08-09-2013, 03:20 PM
I think the simple act of giving something away you didn't need says more about you than your ability to spot "one of us". Good for you.

Truth!

You did a nice thing and it seems they appreciated the gesture.

And she definitely gets a new garment.

Way to go girl. Very nicely handled. Occasionally I encounter another drab looking through the ladies sections when I am. At most we exchange a smile or nod of understanding, nothing more.

Hugs, Robin

I have seen other men shopping in the ladies section. They could easily have been shopping for a spouse. I have always bought outfits for Julie. Gifts and such. In retrospect maybe I was getting a vicarious thrill LOL. When its a couple shopping for the guy it's frequently obvious. He's heavily involved in the shopping process, the hushed whispers, the furtive glances.

Hug
Rita

AllieSF
08-09-2013, 03:22 PM

That is definitely my point of view. You did not take any test, nor need to prove anything. You did what a good person would do when trying to be helpful for whatever reason. I am sure that he/she really appreciated your gift whether a CD?TG whatever. That is a nice way to pay it forward, which I try to practice whenever I think of it when the opportunity arises. Good on you!

MysticLady
08-09-2013, 03:59 PM
I was in drab shopping in the Women's department of SteinMart. And there was a couple shopping at a nearby rack. The guy seemed unusually interested in the shopping. He was basically dressed male, blue jeans and a jersey top. He had gray hair down to the shoulders, and was wearing a floppy hat which kind of covered his face. He was carrying what appeared to be a cross body hand bag.

Did I pass the test?

That was me, silly:heehee:. Jk. I think you did very good Steffi. Good Job.

Sometimes Steffi
08-09-2013, 09:08 PM
When its a couple shopping for the guy it's frequently obvious. He's heavily involved in the shopping process, the hushed whispers, the furtive glances.

I think that was the subliminal message I received.

You handled that very well. I would think that should have started a conversation.
To bad it stalled out.

It would have been nice if you could have done something that would have let him/her know that you were a CD too such as when you handed the coupons showed your painted fingernails and a little wink.

The truth is, I wasn't really sure. Plus, the way the man was dressed (almost drab), I could have been wrong. Indicating that he looked like a crossdresser or that I was would have been a major "Are you pregnant" mistake if I was wrong.

Plus, the couple seemed to be sharing a private moment in public, if you know what I mean.

Robin777
08-09-2013, 09:35 PM
That sounded like me and my wife last weekend at Kohl's. I don't have the shoulder length hair and my hair is only half gray. I don't wear a hat, but a woman did hand us a 20% discount coupon.(No Lie!). We had picked up some things already (clearance rack shopping). We had the same coupon at home but the wife forgot it. I thanked her for the coupon.

Amanda M
08-10-2013, 12:45 AM
Round of applause for you, Steffi.

Genny B
08-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Did I mention it was my wife's birthday? No, wait, I don't wear floppy hats. Probably should though....

Sometimes Steffi
08-10-2013, 08:52 PM
As I said, I'm kind of slow thinking on my feet. But I thought of something I should have said.

I always enjoy shopping here. I hope you find something you like.

Non commital, non threatening, and not outing either one of us.

JenniferR771
08-10-2013, 09:59 PM
How about outing yourself first.
"Could you use these coupons? By the way my name is Steffie... I was going to buy one of these tops that are on sale, but I don't have a skirt to go with them."

Wait for him/her to introduce himself. If not, don't push it.

julia marie
08-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Well done. No need for the couple to think that you "made" him or for the conversation to continue. You did something nice, and they appreciated it.

Tina B.
08-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Steffi, you missed a chance to make a new acquaintance, GOOD FOR YOU! That you offered the coupons, and you where shopping in the same department said enough. And your gift of those coupons might have made the difference between one of them getting an outfit, and going home empty handed.
No one got embarrassed (wife might have been trying to keep it under wraps) (might have been shopping for her)(or he might be trying to stay deep in the closet, and being outed, could stop him from feeling comfortable shopping, even in drab) we just never know where another is at on their path, so I think it's best to let them find their own way. If they want to meet other CD's they would join a group.