PDA

View Full Version : Was going to meet an admirer today...but.

Alice Torn
08-08-2013, 11:22 PM
We emailed a lot the past several days, and i sensed he was getting more and more aggressive, and selfish, pushing my limits more and more. We had set a day and time and place to meet, even. Last night, I changed my mind, and cancelled, apologizing for the quick change of mind. Too many other issues have had me off center, and I rethought it. I

Kimberly Kael
08-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Better safe than sorry. Someone who provides support and encouragement is one thing. Not respecting your boundaries is quite another!

Candice Mae
08-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Like Kimberly said, it is probably for the best that you changed your mind.

This is why I don't respond to personal messages or reveal too much personal info, I don't want someone becoming attached to Candice. I'm heterosexual and with the vast majority of members being GM on here I have no interest in anything outside of discussing CDing.

Beverley Sims
08-09-2013, 12:41 AM
A very wise choice Alice,
Kimberly has said it all and there are plenty of other fish in the sea.
I would try a monthly CD meeting and start any networking from there.
As you stand out from the crowd a bit, you are easily recognizable and you are assured of a much safer meeting of acquaintances after a tri-ess meeting or other like gathering.
Yes, stay safe there is plenty of time to spread your wings.

Leona
08-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Am I the only one who sees this as a Craigslist t4m meeting?

I've posted Craigslist t4m posts (my wife asked me to) and ended up being the bitch for them, because these guys got no game, and when they have game, they end up being creepers. I ended up emasculating every one of them. And this sounds like a meeting I might have arranged with one or more of them, had they been in the same city as me.

(By way of explanation, my wife didn't want me to meet anybody, and neither did I, so I posted in city 2500 miles away, but that I'd lived in previously, so it was all on the up-and-up, as far as my wife and I were concerned)

Tracii G
08-09-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm not sure I would have gone either if he is pushing you.

heatherdress
08-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Good for you, Alice. Smart decision.

Jenny CD
08-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Alice, I'm new to the whole "meeting someone thing" too. But, I finally met a gentleman who has been nothing but sweet to me. Please be wary of certain internet sites. Harm could come to you and I'd hate for one of my lady friends to be hurt in any way, emotional or physical.

The emails you've gotten that are more aggressive are typical, you own your space... Never forget that. (I learned that here)

Vickie_CDTV
08-09-2013, 03:18 AM
You were at least going to meet them in a public place first... right?

Jana
08-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Follow your instincts. If you felt time wasn't right, then time wasn't right. Good for you. Safety first.

Princess Grandpa
08-09-2013, 08:38 AM
I'm glad you chose you be wary. Like a GG you have to remember you're always vulnerable. Always be aware of your surroundings. Mom always said don't talk to strangers. Obviously if we never talk to strangers we never make new friends. So lets amend that to be VERY careful when and how you talk to strangers.

When we go out on the ocean I always file a sail plan. Somebody knows where I'm going and how many people are with me. There are other details but they aren't relevant here. The point is if I don't check in when I'm supposed to somebody is going to call the coast guard to initiate a search. Meeting somebody off the Internet can be very risky. Is it wise for someone to know where your going and expect you to check in every couple of hours?

Hug
Rita

robindee36
08-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Alice, this is a dangerous game for both GG's and us. There are so many bad people out there that would do harm to the fairer sex. I could never imagine arranging a date that did not take place is a very public venue, preferably in the company of other girls.

Be careful with this, I do not want to read a bad story in the papers about you.

Hugs, Robin

kimdl93
08-09-2013, 10:50 AM
that was a good decision, Alice. Never allow yourself to be pushed into any meeting.