PDA

View Full Version : Half Openness on Dating Sites

LelaK
08-09-2013, 07:11 AM
I've tried free dating sites for a few years. Some of them went from free to pay, so I gave those up. I figure I shouldn't pay till I get results. If I do get results, I hope I'll remember to pay then. But after all this time, still no results. But I just found out about another site, and it seems more promising than the others that I've tried. I wish I had found it sooner (It starts with OK).

This time for my photo I used a CD shot, but without it showing my face clearly, since I don't want to be recognized, and I don't use my real name. It seems like a good idea to be upfront about my CDing, but then there seems to be a problem of giving the impression of wanting to CD all the time, or of being gay. So I tried to explain that in the profile, but I don't know if women read that far, or if they believe what I say.

Nonetheless, I'm more hopeful than with previous sites or profiles. I seem to be getting a bit more responses than before and more promising ones. I don't know if there are any better free dating sites than this one, but if anyone knows of any better ones, I'd like to hear about it. Also it might be nice to hear about anyone's CD experience with dating sites.

robindee36
08-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Sorry Lela, no advice on straight (read hetero) dating sites. Now, there are a number of CD, TG, TS friendly hook up sites but that does not sound like what your are after. Or am I wrong, again?

Actually I'm not sure what you are after, a GG, CD, TS. If you are trying to attract GG's as a man, this may not be the right forum for advice. If you presenting as a CD, then its a question of exactly what you are after.

There are a number of meat markets out there for CD hook ups. I am certain other girls here will know about them. Can't personally vouch for any of them. Mostly men looking for a quick tryst with a CD. Not my cup of tea.

Good luck in your search.

Hugs, Robin

Beverley Sims
08-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Why not try the meeting place here?
It may not be a suitable place for hookups but you can make friends and network.

Tracii G
08-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Why does CDing make you gay?

AllieSF
08-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Traci, as we know, crossdressing does not make anyone gay. However, it may reveal one's bi-ness or being gay. Just like being TS, sometimes it takes a long time and certain actions or circumstances to reveal to oneself their interest in the same gender.

Now back to the topic at hand. OK Cupid and Plentyoffish are sites that have been used by us to find accepting partners of the opposite or same gender. I think Plentyoffish has put some new rules in place that discourage us on the "T" side from posting that side of us there in search of a match. One thing about personal profiles is that their creation should be for the purpose intended (attracting the target audience) and not necessarily be a total reveal of who one is. The reveal can come later when appropriate. Specifically, I think it is good that someone carefully mentions their interest in the "T" side of life. But I believe that since that profile is a sales pitch for others to contact and/or respond to us, too much detail could, and probably will, ruin that sales pitch. So, I would recommend that you word your profile such that the "T" side is part of you, but not all of you, unless that is the actual case. Good luck.