PDA

View Full Version : How does one get their CrossDressing Diploma?

Wildaboutheels
08-09-2013, 12:10 PM
By correctly answering the following question?

How does one KNOW when they "passed"?

[For those of you who don't get a chance to READ much, these Forums are chuck full of folks who proclaim that they "pass" some, most or all of the time. And many others seem surprised when they are "read".]

Some possible answers...

1] Someone waived & winked at you

2] Someone winked and nodded

3] You heard a wolf whistle and surely it was directed at you

4] The clerk at the 7-11 was only 3 feet away when you handed them the money and he or she never looked up from their cellphone?

5] Someone walks up and tells you "at first I thought you were a guy in a dress but as you got closer, I can see that I was wrong".

6] You passed at least 100 people today and no one ever batted an eye

7] Someone gave you two sneezes followed by the "secret CrossDressers smile"

8] There IS no way to know if one "passed"

"I passed" as in they [the public] obviously assumed i was just another female? Is that what folks mean when they claim they "pass"?

IF this ^^^ is the case, you ARE trying to "fool" the public into treating you like a woman instead of a man? Nothing at all wrong with that. Makes perfect sense when one wants to be treated like a lady.

I think for most here, [and I can only guess, which is why I ask] "passing" means not one person they encountered, passed, interacted with etc. gave any indication whatsoever, by word or deed that they were displeased with how you chose to present yourself?

If you think the correct answer is #8, will it be enough to set you "free"? Free from the "worry" of what other people are THINKING?

The good news, especially for you Newbies, is that it doesn't matter what others are THINKING does it? Surely that should make going out "dressed" however you like more enjoyable?

You don't need to "pass" to be treated decently as long as you treat others decently

How many people KNOW what your coworkers say or THINK about you?

Sallee
08-09-2013, 12:15 PM
another great question. I tend to think 8 is the correct answer. Although one time at a group meeting one of the speakers thought I was a spouse until I talked, that was fun. I do know that I have been"read" but never had that I can remember negative comments. Usually folks act like they just don't notice and don't care, which is fine by me

Kate Simmons
08-09-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't think for myself it's so much wanting to be treated like a lady as much as it is having that option. I have had guys tell me I'm beautiful and am a "princess" but somehow I have to reason that they may have another motive in mind. So, when you have someone trying out a pick up line, I'm thinking you've pretty much "passed" more or less.;):)

Leslie Langford
08-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Walking past a bar one evening in "Leslie" mode while 3 guys lounging around outside were eyeing me as I was approaching.

As I get closer, one of them calls out "Will you marry me?"

I smiled sweetly, demurred, and walked by, all the while not feeling at risk (naive, maybe, but then again - no "incident" occurred either).

Made my day, but then again, as for "passing" - alcohol was likely involved on their part as well. But hey! - you take what you can get, right? ;) :heehee:

~Joanne~
08-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Last year I went out to Janet's a day before halloween, fully femme. The girl that helped me knew I was a CD. The guy behind the counter knew I was a CD, the guy buying something, well, I don't know what he knew or was thinking as he stared a hole through me lol

Did I pass? probably till I spoke then that went out the window lol

How does one get their CrossDressing Diploma?

Oh I mailed away for mine, should be here next Tuesday ;)

mikiSJ
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM
I know I "passed" if when I get home from a night or day our as Miki that I can get to sleep without beating myself up first.

kimdl93
08-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Its my conviction that, unless someone acknowledges me, I cannot really know what they might be thinking. but, I'm 6'2 in bare feet and still have a few too many masculine tells. So, in my mind, I'm sure I'm being read routinely. Still, what does it matter. I find that almost without exception, I'm treated just like any other woman, whether I'm at the grocery, starbucks, the mall, a museum or the gas station and car wash.

It seems to me that the important thing is whether or not one can experience life enjoyable. What other people think is none of my business or concern!

stephNE
08-09-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure that you get a diploma, as that would be like an end point, and for me (and I guess all of you too) this is a lifelong journey.

Jodi
08-09-2013, 01:05 PM
To get your diploma and know that you've passed--go to the mall on a Friday evening or a Saturday afternoon and mingle with a group of teenagers. If no laughs, giggles, pointing or smart comments, you have made the grade.

Kate Simmons
08-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm not sure that you get a diploma, as that would be like an end point, and for me (and I guess all of you too) this is a lifelong journey.Well, the "diploma" is mostly a symbolic one Steph and pretty much boils down to personal satisfaction.:)

GaleWarning
08-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Perhaps the criteria you list are necessary to get the diploma "with distinction".
To get a simple "pass" (which is not the same as "passing"), all that is necessary is a pair of panties, or pantyhose.

robindee36
08-09-2013, 02:14 PM
No diploma for this girl. It has never been a goal in my dressing to "Pass". I do have the goal of being the cutest cross-dresser I can be and leave it at that.

Maybe there is a remedial GED for girls like me ;)

Hugs, Robin

sandra-leigh
08-09-2013, 02:38 PM
You cannot know that you passed. You can only know that you did not pass.

Did the gorilla walking through the basketball game go unnoticed, or was it just that no-one said anything ?

Princess Grandpa
08-09-2013, 02:40 PM
Well number 8 is surely true. There is a lot of validity in 4,5,&6 as well.

I doubt that I would ever pass. Truth be told the only reason I desire to be out in public is to please my wife. I don't imagine that I would have ever played with make up, although I suspect hair and forms would have shown up eventually. I suspect I would have been quite content just hanging in the house or going out in androgynous pants or shorts.

Now that I have been out I couldn't stop. Even if I never make it farther than Tgirl nights at HBM, getting out and being with others like myself has been so integral to my discovery period. The fact that the girls we are meeting are so welcoming and fun is just icing on the cake. *big hugs to the SoCal girls*

Hug
Rita

mikiSJ
08-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Did the gorilla walking through the basketball game go unnoticed, or was it just that no-one said anything ?

Most notice the gorilla but do not realize the observation. I think most of us hope for that.

Lorileah
08-09-2013, 03:28 PM
I get hip checked and shouldered far more often at the sale rack by GGs now..is that passing or just competition for the same top?

Deedee Skyblue
08-09-2013, 04:29 PM
First you have to memorize the Crossdresser's Rule Book!

Deedee

Jaymees22
08-09-2013, 04:36 PM
My main goal is to pass as a decent human being, beyond that who cares. Jaymee

Beverley Sims
08-09-2013, 11:32 PM
I found mine in the bottom of a box of cheerios. :)
With my drivers licence.

Candice Mae
08-10-2013, 12:43 AM
When I started getting attention from guys, I realized I had reached pass-ability. That said I don't pass 100% of the time, I do occasionally get read. Mostly the 10% of people that take the time to over analyses a strangers appearance, I haven't really had any bad experiences when some one read me.

Leona
08-10-2013, 12:46 AM
Obviously you either have to go to Crossdresser High School and graduate, or get sucked up by a tornado and sent to a weird place where everything's better than where you came from, but you still want to go home.

That's how you get ANY diploma.

Joanne108
08-10-2013, 12:58 AM
I guess the best complement I got was in college. I was dressed at a Halloween party and some girls in costume asked me why I didn't bother to dress up for the party. I told them that I was a guy they laughed! They did not believe me! I was much younger then!

Eryn
08-10-2013, 01:07 AM
I get my "diploma" every time I go out and have a good time with friends.

Pass? You don't have to pass everything to graduate!

paulaprimo
08-10-2013, 02:31 AM
no diploma for this girl... i'm still in summer school :(

BLUE ORCHID
08-10-2013, 06:21 AM
Hi W A H , I found a web site that sells phony Diplomas & drivers licenses for $25.00.

Kate's at home
08-10-2013, 06:42 AM
I'm laughing so hard at the question I'm having a hard time composing myself enough to type...

Sabrina133
08-10-2013, 07:13 AM
ROFLMAO at some of the answers. Truth be known ---- practice, practice, practice.....

jillleanne
08-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Simple. Send a cheque for $ 10,000.00 along with a crappy sleasy picture of yourself from a cheap camera or cellphone with a return self addressed stamped envelope to:

ComeOnIWannaLayYa
po box 1
Ontario, Canada, Eh

..........amd we will examine the photo briefly. Upon approval and once your cheque has cleared, we will forward a numbered Certified Printer Quality Certificate of Authenticity of your ability to pass. Please note, if you wish to be certified to pass in public places, please add an additional $ 5,000.00( no tax). Please allow 8-10 months for your certificate to arrive. ( shipping and handling fees of $ 3,500.00 will be added to each order. )

Remember, if you act now, we will throw in a free, No-No System, just like the crap they sell on television AND a George Forman Grill. Just think of all the things you can stack on top of that baby! Act Now!!!

NicoleScott
08-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Wild, are you suggesting that the pinnacle of CDing is passing, and that's how you get the diploma?
You should know that passing isn't the goal of CDing for some. No diploma for them?

SherriePall
08-10-2013, 01:19 PM
I would love to have passed 100 per cent of the time I have been out en femme, but I don't think I have (never had any adverse reactions that I know of). My goal is to present the best that I can and keep them guessing -- Is that a woman or a guy? If they can't really tell what I really am, then I must be doing okay.

divamissz
08-10-2013, 01:46 PM
9. Nobody passes.

I hate the whole "passing" mentality. Take the One Hour Test* and then tell me how well the women you saw passed. Look at a photo of a model or an actress whose not wearing makeup or been dressed by a designer. Be willing to accept the fact that you're not perfect, but you're the best you can be. Love who you are, show it to the world, be content.

Passing is for the highway.

*One Hour Test: Go to a mall, sit down in a food court or other busy place and watch every woman who walks by or sits down. Compare what they do to the "rules" of femininity. Very few will pass the test. Which teaches you how much BS there is out there and how worrying about every move you make takes away from your true self.

Rachel Morley
08-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Pass? You don't have to pass everything to graduate!
Nice one! .. I love it! :)

Personally, I have no clue if I pass or not (maybe from a distance if you're not paying attention?). If people either ignore me, know but say nothing, or know but don't stare too much, that's all I need to make me happy. Basically ... I just don't want to be reminded that I'm not what I like to think I am (wish I was), by them letting me know that they know. I'd rather have them "play along".

Sometimes Steffi
08-10-2013, 09:02 PM
If a tree falls in the woodswith no one around, does it make a noise?

If you're out in public and no one "Sir's" you or calls you out, I'd say you passed. It doesn't mean that nobody read you. It just means that they respected your effort.

While I'd like to pass in the traditional definition, I'm really just hoping for plausible deniability.

Ms. Laura
08-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Oh heels, you're killing me. I just haven't been able to make that conscious choice not to WORRY!!!! I still WORRY! and melt, and wither, because I don't PASS!

(I did fool a teen until he was 2 feet from me and he physically convulsed at the shock, sort of like passing)

I am waiting for my tucking certificate...