PDA

View Full Version : Underdressing During A Public Outing Could Be Just About As Satisfying!

Princess Chantal
08-10-2013, 02:37 PM
For nearly a decade, I've been going to my favourite summer festival in full crossdress mode (make up, wig, etc). The festival is called Folklorama which is the world's largest and longest-running multicultural festival. The festival main ppurpose is to have people sample exotic cuisine and celebrate the cultural and ethnic heritage of people from dozens of countries who have made Winnipeg their home. Each country, region or culture has an assigned venue, known as a pavilion. Typically there are 40 to 45 pavilions presented throughout the city in which all presents a show featuring the song and dance of their culture, along with trademark ethnic cuisine and a cultural display.
So far this year, due to symptoms of a cold (runny nose and watery eyes), I haven't been able to put on make up and go in full gurl mode. The past couple of days I attended a couple of pavilions while being underdressed. With it being quite cool during the evenings for the last couple of nights, I was able to wear a bra, panties, pantyhose, a girl t-shirt and knee socks under my typical guy clothing (sweater hoodie, shoes and jeans). Maybe someday, I'd figure out how to hide a pair of high heels in a guy shoe LOL.
This is not my first time underdressing, but is the first time that I underdressed for something that I look forward to attending in full gurl mode every year.
And guess what....
This underdressing has accomplished to be just about as satisfying. Sure the underdressing doesn't produce a desire to have photos taken, however in the past few years I haven't had many taken anyhoo.
I got to say that this type of crossdressing sure beats the heck out of the times when I casualized my crossdressing to a blending-in look where I turned my back on my passion for pantyhose.

Maria 60
08-10-2013, 03:17 PM
When underdressing is all you have, you try to make the best of it. My wife has a lot of fun with it, she's always asking me to take off my socks when we go shopping so a little pantyhose will show when I walk or sit, or wear a bra and see if anyone notices the straps from behind. I am a little uncomfortable with it but it is kind of fun.

JBPerry
08-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Since I can't obviously wear a women's uniform (not that there is a difference besides when it comes to service and dress uniforms) I underdress for work! works for me until I get home!

Jackie7
08-10-2013, 07:03 PM
I like to underdress. I have done it since I was a teenager and I still do, especially at family events where I am expected to be the elder gentleman that I also and actually am. I am out socially but I also respect the discomfort of my grown children and grandchildren, so I do not dress at family events. Weddings, graduation parties, Christmas parties, christenings and bar mitzvahs, if I am there at all I am very likely to be underdressed.
--Jackie

ellieg
08-10-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't have the opportunity to fully dress very often with both a conservative workplace and small children at home, so underdressing is how I express my femininity most of the time. A pair or panties and a bra or cami always makes me happy and content.

Diversity
08-10-2013, 09:51 PM
I agree with you, Princess Chantal. As I would never pass as a woman, I often underdress to varying degrees as often as possible. Usually it is panties, stockings, and girls jeans. Occasionally, I get away with girls sandals, bras, slips, and top (scoop neck, short sleeve t-shirt).
Like you, I am looking forward to the time to wear heels with my jeans as well. It's all fun! Thanks for sharing.
Di

kymmieLorain
08-10-2013, 11:45 PM
I underdress all time. I keep the top underdressing for cooler times when a bra or cami strap is not as noticable.

Kymmie

Beverley Sims
08-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Underdressing can be very satisfying.

kimdl93
08-12-2013, 10:06 AM
ok, now I'm the contrarian. Honestly, I don't ever really enjoy underdressing , regardless of the occasion, because it means I have to wear men's clothes on top. Its a chore I sometimes am forced into.

docrobbysherry
08-12-2013, 11:44 AM
When I was a young teen, I drank near beer.
When I got my learn's permit to drive I drove a scooter.
When I first began dressing, I enjoyed underdressing.

Then, in each case, I grew and matured. And, put away my childish things!

Princess Chantal
08-13-2013, 04:26 AM
Eventhough most of my cold symptoms have disappeared (just a rare cough remaining) and nothing holding me back from fully dressing up (like an early morning shift the next day), I still went underdressed to last night's Folklorama outing. I went through my normal crossdressing shaving and bathing procedure only to not desire to put on anything feminine other than for pantyhose and panties.
Hmmm, I wonder if that crossdressing session has satisfied me enough to spoil the desire to crossdress in anyway for tonight's Masquerade monthly meeting???

BTW for those that don't know Masquerade is the Winnipeg's crossdressing social group

Sharon B.
08-13-2013, 04:38 AM
Kimdl93; when I under-dress instead of wearing men's clothes on top I like to mix it up a bit I'll wear woman's jeans or slacks with a woman's top that could go either way just depends if anybody notices what side the buttons are on. As for shoes if walking a lot will go for comfortable shoes whether they are men's or woman's. For a wallet the slimiest possible or a cold day will go for a woman's billfold carried in a inside pocket of a jacket or coat.

mariehart
08-13-2013, 04:52 AM
I tend to be more underdressed than overdressed these days. But wearing ambiguous female clothes that could be male. I was dressed entirely in women's clothes like that when my sister in law came over to visit last night. As I mentioned before she has the same hoodie as me and probably has noticed this previously and I suspect she had more than an inkling of what's going on. Ironically my wife was wearing one of my hoodies.

What I find when I underdress is that it somehow let's me relax and be my more feminine self. It's better than drink for that. I've done it many times particularly when I'm in a social situation where I might be uncomfortable. I become less guarded more outgoing. Of course naturally when I'm fully dressed it works that way too. But that's not always practical.

I remember working on a film once and one of the crew was clearly dressed entirely in women's clothes but only if you looked closely. The jeans buttoned on the opposite side. The Polo shirt as well. I thought I could see the bra strap too. Not only that his arms were clearly shaved and his eyebrows shaped. I wasn't in a position to say anything though. But later it was confirmed when I overheard two of the women on the set chatting about it. He had told them all about it. The film business is pretty liberal about stuff like that. I thought it was very well done. Underdressing to perfection.

sfwarbonnet
08-13-2013, 01:23 PM
I have been wearing women’s clothes for several years. First came women’s pull-on pants. Then came panties, pantyhose, short slips, and a bra. These are probably apparent if one looks closely, but I’ve never encountered any looks or comments. I go as far as I am comfortable. The trick is to avoid the obvious flag; if there is one other items (such as bra straps, sheer stockings, pants with no fly, and buttons on the ”wrong” side will be noticed. Women’s clothing that I wear are:

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops and a bare back is usually uncomfortable when seated. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. A slip with adjustable straps, lace trim, and a bodice can even be OK as it is covered and feminine features aren’t apparent. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: This is generally not considered an androgynous item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and non-opaque pantyhose are OK and are more available.

6) Purse: Keeping a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in pants pockets is awkward as it is hard to extract them when seated, and pockets in women’s pull on pants are often not very deep anyway. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse, which can either be worn or secured in a basket when that is available.

All these are mass-market items in the women’s department. Even when suitable clothing is available in menswear, it is a specialty item and expensive!

NV Susan
08-13-2013, 01:38 PM
I under dress all the time....love it!!

Princess Chantal
08-13-2013, 02:05 PM
I may be wrong, but isn't underdressing the act of crossdressing where feminine clothing is worn underneath your masculine clothing?
I can't imagine trying to wear women jeans or pants underneath my men's pants

chrissie
08-19-2013, 08:54 AM
When I was a young teen, I drank near beer.
When I got my learn's permit to drive I drove a scooter.
When I first began dressing, I enjoyed underdressing.

Then, in each case, I grew and matured. And, put away my childish things!

So being judgmental and unsupportive of another persons choices is ok...

NicoleScott
08-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Doc's post was about Doc, not the OP, and was no more judgmental and unsupportive than those who say their dressing has matured or evolved and is no longer sexual. Saying you no longer underdress isn't a put-down of those that do.

I've never underdressed, because my purpose for dressing is visual, so underdressing doesn't do it for me. For those who like underdressing, yay.

linda allen
08-19-2013, 09:35 AM
I began with underdressing (panties) and then added a bra that couldn't be seen under my male shirt. Eventually, I got a lot of skirts and blouses, forms, and wigs.

Since I've been dressing around the house, the underdressing has lost its luster. I still wear panties unless I'm going to the doctor, but I seldom wear a bra in male mode any more. It's just not right without the boobs in it.

Sarah Beth
08-19-2013, 10:37 AM
I have underdressed a lot, its something I enjoy doing because it allows me to an opportunity to express at least some of my femininty. I wear polo shirts a lot and heavy cotton t shirts so there are times when I go out of town I take the chance to wear a bra, and yes I am sure at times that has been noticed.

Stephanie47
08-19-2013, 10:49 AM
I tried under dressing for a while because it seems to be somewhat the rage to do by virtue of reading about it on the forum. I wore pantyhose, a panty, bra, a camisole. I also tried thigh highs, but, I found they needed adjusting too many times on my long outings of four or five hours. Hence the pantyhose. It became absolutely a waste of time and effort. Why? Because I was so comfortable attired in a womanly manner, that I forgot I had them on. Unless of course I had to pee.

If I could not feel the femininity, what was the point? So, I ditched under dressing.

Princess Chantal
08-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Doc's post was about Doc, not the OP, and was no more judgmental and unsupportive than those who say their dressing has matured or evolved and is no longer sexual. Saying you no longer underdress isn't a put-down of those that do..

I so agree and initaially took the post as that.

As some know, I do love to vary my crossdressing. Whether it be experiencing something new or to revisit something that I haven't done for awhile. Some people just tend to not have the desire to brush off the dust and open the old chest in the attic.

Oh my GAWD! Could I really be the Queen Bee of crossdress hoarding!!!!!!

Ellie52
08-19-2013, 07:13 PM
I underdress on a regular basis and I am amazed at what you can get away with.
1) Thigh high stockings (with or without garter(suspender belt) - feel sexy and no one knows. Much easier to go to the toilet than pantyhose.
2) Camisole as a vest. Choose a camisole with broad lace shoulder straps and it will be almost invisible under a t shirt.
3) Panties - No one should ever be looking that close
4) Cuban heel (2 inch) ladies boots. I wear these everyday and not one person has commented on them.
5) You can wear a mini skirt under track pants and you get the tight feel across your thighs as you walk. (this is unusual but it works.
6) Ladies sports crop top. Like a cross between a vest and a sports bra. Give the feeling of wearing a bra but no adjustable straps to worry about.
7) Clear nail varnish
8) many ladies T shirts are androgynus so I wear them also.

Ellie

Ina Girdle
08-20-2013, 08:51 AM
I love to underdress! For me, I do not ever see myself being totally En-Femme in public, it just is not going to happen. However underdressing gives me the chance to celebrate my femininity. Maybe by the time I hit 70, I will be out marching with the protesting grannies in full regalia , but in the meantime I am VERY happy to wear my bra & panties in stealth mode. "Only HE knows for sure!", for all those of you who spent some of your childhood in front of a TV.

Thanks, Ina

JessieJones
08-20-2013, 10:40 PM
I wear pantyhose or tights under jeans about everyday when the weather turns cooler and a lot of the time a shaper or girdle of some sort.

Here is a tip for wearing heels stealthy. Buy a slightly oversize high top shoe like a converse all star and remove the liner and insert shoe (wedges work the best) and lace up. Need to buy a pair of longer jeans to make it look right but it works..

Tina B.
08-21-2013, 10:13 AM
When you under dress every day, after a while it's just underwear. If want to feel good, it takes outer wear.

jackielou
08-21-2013, 10:18 AM
full time underdresser and dont leave home without it

Princess Chantal
08-21-2013, 08:57 PM
When you under dress every day, after a while it's just underwear. If want to feel good, it takes outer wear.

When you wear the same old - same old outerwear styles everyday, after awhile it just becomes nothing special any more. If I want to maintain the feel good satisfaction, it takes varying my crossdressing methods and withhold from crossdressing everyday.

jessidresser
08-28-2013, 04:26 PM
I was at a local college using the library as a non student. I was wearing girls top, bra, pantyhose, panties, dark blue women's fleece pants and women's tennis shoe. I used the men's bathroom. It's a thrill to be fully dressed female, but still look like my usual self!

Princess Chantal
08-28-2013, 04:54 PM
I was at a local college using the library as a non student. I was wearing girls top, bra, pantyhose, panties, dark blue women's fleece pants and women's tennis shoe. I used the men's bathroom. It's a thrill to be fully dressed female, but still look like my usual self!

So what were you wearing for male clothing over top all this feminine clothing?

KatieV
08-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Underdressing has the effect of making me feel and act like a girl in public. Especially enjoy wearing a padded panty and pantyhose under tight jeans - makes one's tush look good! It's my preferred attire for shopping. Also enjoy adding to this a denim girl top with a cami - they are popular right now, and barely distinguishable from a guy top. The girls notice and the guys don't... would also like wear flats or casual tie-ups, very low key... but haven't yet. Cheers!!!

sfwarbonnet
10-14-2013, 11:16 AM
A short slip is easier to tuck into pull-on pants than in a cotton undershirt, but narrow non-adjustable straps often fall of my shoulders. Wearing a bra with adjustable staps makes this less likely. I have worn a bra in public under a light tee without any reaction. Perhaps the slip hides the bra, or it is seen but no-one cares!

kristinmarch
10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
due to certain meds I'm on I have small breasts so a sports bra is not very noticable but very comfortable also female jeans fit well and are not much different or noticable from male jeans I always wear knickers except for work whilst out,prefer the feel of the soft fabric of female clothes. Some times i will wear a short sleeved t shirt style womans top just have to be carefull of the style of the neckline some are more female than unisex.

Secret Drawer
10-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I underdress because I can. I outerdress when I can. If I had the choice within my social situation to be en femme at all, I would be all the time. Yes, even though it becomes natural to wear lingerie after a while, it certainly does not make me want to run back to boxers! To call it "childish" to wear panties is just trolling. Although I might agree if you decide to wear boxers under your yoga pants that might actually qualify for "childish."