PDA

View Full Version : Please be careful while out and about

Cristy2
08-10-2013, 08:31 PM
It never made it on the news here in Jacksonville, Fl and knowing local politics it probably never will, but last night a fellow CD/TG and close friend was attacked and severely beaten for no reason that ever came to light. She is doing okay, but obviously more than a little shook up about what happened.

If you are out and about while dressed always be aware of your surroundings and if it is not necessary, and can be avoided, don't go out and about alone. My friend went to a local Gay night club and was attacked just outside the parking lot. She felt the area was safe because the club is in an area that is for the most part considered safe. Sadly now-a-days there is no such thing as an safe area.

Kandy Barr
08-10-2013, 08:47 PM
So sorry to hear about your friend Cristy, it's a sad and violent world we live in, thankfully she is ok.

Leah Lynn
08-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Very sound advice. Every girl here should live by this rule! Hope your friend recovers and continues to enjoy the life.

Hugs,
Leah

Cristy2
08-10-2013, 09:42 PM
She'll be okay as far as physical injuries go, but the mental end may take a little while. Thankfully she is seeing a therapist anyway, so they can help here through this situation too.

I carry a can of wasp and hornet spray when I am out alone on my bike because it sprays twenty feet fairly straight and it burns like **** in the eyes. Never had to use it on an human yet, but a few dogs have gotten a spray down.

Ms. Laura
08-10-2013, 09:43 PM
That is just awful Cristy. I hope that she is doing OK.

mikiSJ
08-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Hope your friend gets better quickly.

Do you know if she was mugged because she was dressed, or maybe someone thought she was gay, or a GG who looked vulnerable...?

Robin777
08-10-2013, 09:48 PM
They have had attacks on LGBT Community here in Columbus Ohio in recent weeks from the stories on the news. It is just disgusting that this still happens.

Cristy2
08-10-2013, 09:49 PM
We don't know for sure. The police think it may have been a purse snatching that got out of hand. All my friend knows is that she was walking to her car and next thing she knew she was in the back of an ambulance.

Columbus used to be real bad for attacks on the LGBT and used to be real bad for law enforcement not following up on the attacks.

Shellycd12
08-10-2013, 09:49 PM
So sorry to hear about your friend Christy. There are a lot of bad people out there and we just have to be alert of our surroundings. Glad she is doing okay and hope she recovers very very soon.

Robin777
08-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Columbus used to be real bad for attacks on the LGBT and used to be real bad for law enforcement not following up on the attacks.

I don't know if that is the case now, But with all the murders and shootings,it's hard to tell. At leat I live in a relatively quiet part of town on the NW side.

Tracii G
08-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Sorry about your friend Cristy that is just awful.

Stevie
08-11-2013, 05:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend. You should always be careful when you go out at night.

Cristy2
08-11-2013, 06:09 AM
I don't know if that is the case now, But with all the murders and shootings,it's hard to tell. At leat I live in a relatively quiet part of town on the NW side.

Same case here in Jacksonville. Seems like there is a murder or drive by or stabbing every day here and sadly it isn't just in isolated areas of the city anymore.

BLUE ORCHID
08-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi Cristi, Even when you think you are in a safe place it can happen.
A couple years ago CD/TS was severely beaten inside a local McDonalds restaurant here in Baltimore .

LaSirenaBella
08-11-2013, 09:04 AM
There have been many in Philadelphia, too. There seems to be a backlash brewing.

Stay safe out there. As for us, I've restarted my martial arts training, and now my wife has gotten into it. We also stay mindful of our surroundings.

Be careful.

Lynn Marie
08-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Know your neighborhoods, pick your venues, and stay alert. Always good advice.

Beverley Sims
08-11-2013, 10:23 AM
I am glad that there are no bad injuries, it is always prudent to have company, not always practical I agree.

Jenniferathome
08-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Isn't this a truism regardless of dress? Hell, women live it every day! As males, we are lucky that we can largely ignore our surroundings.

Tina B.
08-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend, glad she is doing all right, was just reading on like this morning about a cross dresser in Jamaica, she went to a straight party in a dress, she was beaten, stabbed, and ran over with a car. There is still a lot to be concerned about out there, everyone should remember it's a dangerous world out there, and it's even more so when you put on a dress. Dark and alone, can be a bad combination.

vikki2020
08-11-2013, 11:43 AM
There was a rash of gay bashing in Chicago, in the BoysTown neighborhood, but, the police really stepped up, and gave it a priority. But, stuff like that happens to a lot of people--when they are out late in the big city. Stupidity covers a lot of different areas.

MysticLady
08-11-2013, 12:29 PM
It's so sad to hear of these stories. But, this has been human nature since the beginning of time. When people feel threatened or are not understanding, they will try to damage or destroy what is "endangering their comfort zone". Reminds me of a man that visited us a long time ago and we nailed Him to a cross.

giuseppina
08-11-2013, 07:30 PM
I just posted a link about a similar story in the Media section where a TG teenager in Jamaica didn't survive her attacks.

Personally, I would leave the toxic stuff at home for self defense purposes. At most, I would carry bear spray to ward off aggressive dogs, but that leaves me in a tenuous position legally. Pepper spray is a prohibited weapon in Canada.

Are the police going to look into your friend's attack, Cristy?

Pinky188
08-11-2013, 08:58 PM
This happens in the D.C. area often. Im sorry about your friend! Hope she is ok. This makes me so sad...

Maria 60
08-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Well unfortunately most of us are like vampires, we wait for the night to go out in public. As much as we don't want to be recognized either do the criminals so the night is the best time. When I do decide to go out it is always at night and many times I would get out of my car in the most quit areas and for some reason someone would pop out of nowhere, I have now learned we are never alone and we have to realize this and the danger of walking alone at night. I hope your friend is taking serious to the police and gets treated properly. Always a sad day when one of our friends get hurt like this and hope she will be OK.

BillieAnneJean
08-11-2013, 09:31 PM
This is very sad and please give your friend a hug from me.

To enable we CDers to go out enfemme with less danger, I started a Crossdresser Social Group in Grand Rapids, Michigan. When we go out enfemme, we go as a group and virtually always to places frequented by the general public. My theory is that four or more crossdressers as a group would be a deterrant to up to maybe four homophobes and should they be confronted with CDers making cell calls, maybe even more. Safety in numbers.

Again I am so very sorry that your friend has been harmed. I am serious about the hug from me!
If there is some way you would feel comfortable to do so, PM me and let me know how to send a card, a hand written letter, just a note extending friendship and understanding. Anything that may help.
Billie