PDA

View Full Version : Accepted by your GG

GG7irish
08-11-2013, 07:48 AM
I have a question for you ladies. How does your GG make you feel accepted and loved? I try to do little things...for example my SO's birthday is this week so I painted my nails the colors of the TG flag. I am just wondering what let's you know you are accepted and loved?

Thanks for the advice.

TxKimberly
08-11-2013, 07:53 AM
One of the sweetest things that my wife ever did was to put a present for "Kim" under the Christmas tree. That was a long time ago and I can't even recall what it was, but I still remember the joy of knowing that it existed, and that my wife cared enough about me to buy it and put it there.

Raychel
08-11-2013, 08:01 AM
I think like Kim,
If my wife actually put the effort into get a present for Raychel
anything, I would be ecstatic. It would not really matter what it was.
I would be overjoyed. Just the simple fact that she accepts enough and
gave thought to get something, That would do it.

Cheryl T
08-11-2013, 08:28 AM
She just kisses me and tells me as we hug...enough said.

Sarah Beth
08-11-2013, 08:29 AM
My wife has purchased a few things for me, and gone shopping with me. I think the biggest thing she does to show her love and support however is that when I come out of the bedroom and I'm dressed she doesn't say anything at all, it's like just a normal thing.

Bree Wagner
08-11-2013, 08:52 AM
The little presents that mean she's thinking of me are wonderful. I recently got home to find a gift card to our favorite jewelry store on my pillow and for Valentine's day I got lip liner and perfume. I smiled for days.

Even better though, is just being able to talk about my experiences with her and work constructively towards a better relationship. And when she goes out with me... bliss.

-Bree

LaSirenaBella
08-11-2013, 09:00 AM
One of the sweetest things that my wife ever did was to put a present for "Kim" under the Christmas tree.

My wife does that for me, too, Kimmy. She's done if for many years now.

For me, it's the little things. E will see something at Kohl's and get it for me or if she's going to get makeup, she'll ask me if I need anything. She's also a good feedback system with regard to what looks good (clothing, hair, etc.) or not. And we go to our local TG support group as a couple. :)

stephNE
08-11-2013, 09:08 AM
At Christmas and my birthday, Stephanie usually gets a present too: a skirt, dress, jewelry, etc.

ellieg
08-11-2013, 09:11 AM
My wife went to Lane Bryant recently and brought home a pair of panties for me, and said, "I thought these would look cute on you." A little thing, but it meant the world to me.

Sabrina133
08-11-2013, 09:22 AM
My SO/partner totally accepts and encourages. Its everyday life for us so no biggie.

josrphine
08-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi GG 7irsh, Do not paint your toe nails , do hers. The color she likes. My GG loves when I bring her ear rings,neckless, rings . They don't have to be diamonds, but tasteful trinkets. Plus you get to wear them too. Go shopping with her, this way u get cloths too. Jo

kimdl93
08-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Everyday things...but nice things, like genuinely affectionate hugs and kisses when I'm en femme. Most important was her comment that she could see th joy that this brings out in me.

Beverley Sims
08-11-2013, 10:15 AM
My wife is my best friend.
She is always there for me and I make damn sure I am always there for her.
We go around the world touring and we have a damn good time meeting others and exploring things.
At the end of the day....

We are there for each other. :)

Tina B.
08-11-2013, 10:19 AM
My wife is a real encouragement to me and my dressing, not only does she buy Christmas and Birthday equally between male and female gifts, she also encourages me to buy the things that delight me all year around.
But the day I felt most loved, as Tina, was the day I stayed home from work, and she knew I'd be dressed, she sent me flowers
With a sweet note, I was on cloud 9 for days, dried the flowers and framed them, still have them some 15 years later.
It was the first tile I really realized how important flowers can be, I've sent her many bouquets since then, as pay back.

Jenniferathome
08-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Irish, my wife simply treats me normally. I am no less loved in pants or a dress. Now, on a rare occasion, she will buy me something for Jennifer and that is just an overt sign that she's ok with the cross dressing part of me. I don't need more than that.

Lea
08-11-2013, 11:15 AM
My wife gave me a ladies wedding ring. The top has three small circles with that all interconnect. She told me that it represents my male side my female side and her. All three connected together as one.

She has brought me flowers and always ask if I need anything when clothes shopping.

~Joanne~
08-11-2013, 12:34 PM
How does your GG make you feel accepted and loved?

The most important thing is, she doesn't go running and screaming in the opposite direction when she sees me dressed lol

My SO has been absolutely great when it comes to my being a CD. She shows me nothing but Love and acceptance. She has been nothing but supportive and we talk quite a bit about all of this. She also loves to go shopping with me all the time, for clothes, makeup, and whatever I may need. She actually has started to buy me little things, like a change purse (because she said girls need change purses for their purses lol) some nail polish and other little things. She won't buy me clothes though because she has said (and proven through the years) that she never gets the right size and such and hate buying clothes for other people.

I think the most important thing to me personally is that she didn't try to limit my dressing or impose rules. That would have bothered me as I really don't go out or do anything "over the top" and rules is like a form of ownership to me. When I feel like dressing I may say "I think I may dress for a bit " and her reply is always "go for it". She'll come home and say "do you want to go to _______ with me?" and I'll say "In my dress?" and her reply is "whatever your wearing is fine". It's these little things that mean the most to me because I understand how lucky I truly am in all of this and I love her beyond words and she loves me the same.

That is more important than any material object could ever be. It means she stands by me no matter what and in this day and age, it's a rarity.

Rachel Morley
08-11-2013, 12:54 PM
I am just wondering what let's you know you are accepted and loved?
I know I am accepted and loved because she treats me in just the same loving way she always does, no matter how I am presenting. Ok, when we're out in public as "girlfrends" we don't hold hands or kiss, we have to save that for home, but her attitude towards my dressing is participation and encouragement and she's told me plenty of times that she thinks I look cute when dressed :)

My wife is also not too crazy about the term "accepting" because she says it implies passivity and also carries a connotation that there is something negative about having a transgender spouse. She says we usually speak of "accepting" those things that we don't really like or that are a burden in some way. She's prefers the terms "supportive" or "encouraging" rather than "accepting." That said, she's never been bothered by anyone describing her as accepting because she knows what they're trying to say.

Joanne f
08-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Hello GG7irish,
How are you ,apart from being told every day my wife makes it quite clear that she fully accepts me by including my Joanne side in everything like birthdays, Christmas and anniversary's and even when we go shopping she will not just look for herself but always looks for me" being" Joanne as well , I simply know that I am accepted because she tells me so , I am who she loves regardless of what others may think of me .

DonniDarkness
08-11-2013, 01:59 PM
My wife does many things to show that she accepts and supports me , but i have some favorites.

1) When im having a bad day, she asks "How can i help"

2) When im feeling insecure she makes an effort to help me feel more secure with myself.

3) When we are out she guards me like a lioness. If someone is rude to me she fixes it before i can even react.

4) I find small little gifts from time to time on my vanity and she doesn't say anything to me about them. It makes me realize that shes thinking about me when im not there.

5) when she holds my hand while we are out and im in full drag.

6) how she educates the people in her life about LGBT culture

There are so many things i could list here but these are my faves.

-Donni-

MysticLady
08-11-2013, 02:09 PM
I am just wondering what let's you know you are accepted and loved?

Ah........when she stops nagging me. Sorry, just being Honest.

Suzanne F
08-11-2013, 02:29 PM
She has been right there from the start about 6 months ago. I couldn't have faced the world as Suzanne without my loving and supporting wife. She has taught me about makeup and helped me assemble my wardrobe. There have been numerous gifts of Suzanne related items. Best of all though is that she has accompanied me out into the world. She has helped me experience my dream to be out in the world as a woman. What a woman she is!
Suzanne

Princess Grandpa
08-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I have been thinking how to answer this all day. I don't have a better answer now than I had this morning when I first read it. There is so much more to accept about me than just my need to feel feminine some times. /shrug I have always believed she was the "One I was meant to be with". Everything she does every day tells me how she feels about me. Everything from asking me to take care of something around the house too reminding me to keep my toes pointed forward when I am wearing heels.

As far as my dressing goes, She is a driving force in it all. She has encouraged me to bring Rita out as far and as fast as I can handle. She is more than accepting when I feel we are pushing limits of comfort. I believe she is very anxious for Rita to be able to come out whenever and wherever we chose. She often says "I am having way too much fun with this". The thought occurred to me her exuberance could be some form of a defense mechanism in order to hide from troubling emotions. I don't know if this is true, but she doesn't really like to explore her uncomfortable feelings too much so it's not impossible. Only time will tell on that score I suppose.

Hug
Rita

MysticLady
08-11-2013, 02:47 PM
I have been thinking how to answer this all day. I don't have a better answer now than I had this morning when I first read it. There is so much more to accept about me than just my need to feel feminine some times. /shrug I have always believed she was the "One I was meant to be with". Everything she does every day tells me how she feels about me. Everything from asking me to take care of something around the house too reminding me to keep my toes pointed forward when I am wearing heels.

Hi Rita, I should be envious and hate the fact that I don't have what you have.(reminds me of someone:heehee:) But, instead, I am very happy for you and the Mrs. I live through your stories that same day I may have what you have. The Mrs. is just a truly wonderful woman. You are "blessed" too have a woman like that at your side. Kudos too you my friend.

PretzelGirl
08-11-2013, 03:26 PM
My wife has always been fine with my being TG. We are spouses and that is what counts. So we go out together all the time and she has no problem tell her friends. She even recognized this part of me in a tattoo she got:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?173420-Yes-there-is-acceptance&p=2827861#post2827861

Lux
08-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Outside of the amazing daily acceptance, one memory stands out. After dating a year my SO surprised me with airline tickets, hotel reservations and passes to SCC! Talk about being happily blind-sided :) We had an amazing time and I will never forget that adventure with my now wife. Love that girl!

Jasmyne
08-11-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm one of those who is lucky enough to have a wife who fully accepts my cross dressing and at times encourages me. That's all I need and its enough.

GG7irish
08-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Loving the ideas, i have bought gifts for Cass and other things too.....but from reading your posts gives me more ideas!!!! Thank you so much.

Lorileah
08-11-2013, 09:29 PM
the last gift from my wife was at Christmas before she died, A black skirt. No gift to my male side just the skirt. She sent her sister out to buy it specifically. Sort of her way of saying she accepted who I was.

Launa
08-11-2013, 10:15 PM
My SO goes out and finds things and buys them for me. She also gives me tips on trying to improve my image, manerisms etc...

She said to me the other day if you're going to be going out often then we need you to look as best as you can. I love her!

Lola Wants
08-15-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi GG 7irsh, Do not paint your toe nails , do hers. The color she likes.

I agree with josrphine... Paint hers!

Even though I always buy little gifts for my SO, there is nothing like the moments we share with my SO's legs on my lap while I paint her nails. I find the little things like that mean more to my sweetheart than the actual gifts.

Mimi
08-15-2013, 11:57 PM
I agree with josrphine... Paint hers!

Even though I always buy little gifts for my SO, there is nothing like the moments we share with my SO's legs on my lap while I paint her nails. I find the little things like that mean more to my sweetheart than the actual gifts.

I think the intent of the OP was to ask the members of the forum what their SOs have done to show acceptance, not to judge other GGs or suggest that they aren't as accepting as they think they are. Painting your spouse's nails might be significant in one relationship, but a tangible gift might be just as significant for someone else, and a GG displaying a TG symbol (rainbow nails) might be more meaningful to the spouse than a gift or a pedicure.

Eryn
08-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Lots of good suggestions here. Feminine gifts and pampering are always appreciated as well as gestures of acceptance like the rainbow nails.

Mimi's greatest gift to me has been her enthusiasm in helping me explore my feminine side. She's always suggesting things that we can do to get Eryn out and about.

litlejohn
08-16-2013, 12:04 AM
She Loves me for me, I can ask for no more. Although she gives even more. I'm truely Blessed

Lola Wants
08-16-2013, 01:08 AM
I think the intent of the OP was to ask the members of the forum what their SOs have done to show acceptance, not to judge other GGs or suggest that they aren't as accepting as they think they are. Painting your spouse's nails might be significant in one relationship, but a tangible gift might be just as significant for someone else, and a GG displaying a TG symbol (rainbow nails) might be more meaningful to the spouse than a gift or a pedicure.

My apologies, Mimi. That wasn't what I was trying to suggest. I guess I should have paid more attention as I re-read what I was posting to make sure it wouldn't have been taken that way. It was purely me trying to say that in the case of my SO I know it is more appreciated than gift, certainly not trying to discount or judge others.

Again my apologies,

Lola

BLUE ORCHID
08-16-2013, 07:12 AM
Hi GG7, My wife tolerates my dressing and that's good enough for me.

Kelly Smith
08-16-2013, 07:41 AM
How does your GG make you feel accepted and loved?

She doesn't. Not all GGs are as accepting as you.

Jocelyn Quivers
08-16-2013, 08:18 AM
It's the little things or not making cross dressing the center of every argument. For example while in doors and as long as no company is in the house, there are no restrictions placed upon me being in girl mode, it's accepted as completely normal by my wife. Also my wifes genuine protectiveness of me, in that when we have guest staying with us for a while, like her family members she warns me to be careful when trotting about in girl mode, and will often help to distract anyone should I face running into a family member unexpectedly.

She has basically taken my entire wardrobe and combined it with hers basically meaning we share the same wardrobe the exception being anything of hers which is too small for me. A few additional areas shopping, compliments, and suggestions. When shopping she gives her honest opinion on what she believes will look good on me, is too big, small, tight, or just outright ugly. Although I secretly believes she gives these answers based upon her wearing the same outfits. One final thing his her cute little nicknames she will give me. Ex. B$tch, :D

Our disagreements are not related specifically to the idea of cross dressing. It's about certain behaviors which she would disagree with me about in any area.

1. I have too many clothes, shoes, make up, etc., I do not need anymore and she does get upset when she finds out I have purchased more. The same scenario could be applied to her being upset about me buying more video games, guy toys, or anything else which is not a necessity.

2. Her throwing out certain outfits she has given me based upon the fact that she has not seen me wear them in several years. The same rule could be applied to my male clothes.

3. Whenever she say's I look like I've put on a few pounds!!!:Angry3:

4. Her using all of my mascara, eye liner, and lipstick without telling me!!!!:Angry3:

EllenJo
08-16-2013, 08:41 AM
She is my best friend and her acceptance of Ellen Jo is enough for me. I can't express how much I love this woman.

DonnaWanna
08-18-2013, 07:47 AM
My wife bought me "breast enhancers" on Fathers day

MissTee
08-18-2013, 09:32 AM
My supportive wife is always doing little things. Just last week she was out shopping with a friend and called me just to say she had picked up something Misty will just love, and she can't wait to give it to her. BTW: It's really great to have CD as a part of our life, and not the center of it.

Debglam
08-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Many ways but she said to me once that "I don't really get all of this (being trans*) but I do get you!" :love:

Tracii G
08-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Tracii is always included at Christmas with a piece of jewelery.I do love jewelery of any kind and it doesn't have to be expensive or fancy its the thought that matters.
My GF is very accepting.

Ellie52
08-19-2013, 12:33 AM
My SO booked a hotel room for my birthday so the three of us (her, me and Ellie) could enjoy a day totally relaxed. She even bought me a nice necklace and matching earrings as a suprise. She often buys me clothes and when we are shopping asks if I need any makeup stuff. Last Xmas saw a pair of patent red shoes with 5" steel spike heels. So classy....:) I alway reciprocate and we love each for who we are not what we are....Ellie

Suzanne F
08-19-2013, 01:00 AM
My SO has done many of the things listed previously. She has bought me clothes and went out with me several times. I am really appreciative of those things. However, the best thing is that she loves me and wants me to be the real me. It hasn't been easy for her and she misses her husband at times. She really wants me to be happy and she is hanging in there with me. We are working at being honest about what we need from each other. I know that she wants to make it work and let me explore being Suzanne. She is truly wonderful!
Suzanne